ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

It does:baba:

Sagle, Sandpint has had beaucoup snow so far RAVE-SkiTowns-SandpointID.jpg
    Here's a pic of Sandpoint & Schweitzer Mountain ski resort looking north

Rave Reviews rated Sandpoint no. 3 in Best Ski towns to visit/live

2. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

I'm hoping the results live up to the hype. I'll keep you posted.

3. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning all, 0° this morning and windy again. Not the kind of weather where I jump up and go outside to have fun. Although, the animals have been fed and watered, humans have eaten and the last of the coffee is in my cup. My other outdoors exercise is stuffing the firebox of the boiler with my ever dwindling firewood. That's my limit for today me thinks. Collating my farm receipts into a more understandable spread sheet is a must for tax purposes at this time of year. Downloading the tax forms that are available can be done now also. I must also collect some forms for my neighbors who are new to the schedule f and e and fuel tax and amortization forms. I'll also have to help them fill them out. I can see several adult beverage nights are going to be required to get this all done. Play safe out there.

4. neely

neely Addicted to ArboristSite

Thank you Stihl;

5. RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL Addicted to ArboristSite

Good Mornin All. 49° heading to 57°, cloudy, with a crappy East wind at 12 mph:nofunny:. Rain starting late afternoon/evening. Starting to get garden ready for Spring. Hope everyone has a fine day and play safe. :givebeer:

6. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

Great pictures BL.
    The garden looks nice.
    I'm not a big fan of to many veggies, I like :barbecue:, but man cannot live on meat alone, that's why there's ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce:laughing:(and coffee:drinkingcoffee::lol:).
    Looks like the temps are getting good for the tomatoes, how do potatoes do when it gets cool, I've never grown them before.
    We like the herbs and spices we grow, we have quite a few bags of them, hope I never get raided by the cops :laugh:.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.25.41 PM.png

7. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

Good morning neely :drinkingcoffee:.
    That's why so many areas have rules about selling firewood, lots of scammers selling face cords as full cords, the cords get sick of seeing it.
    I tell my wife often to buy clothes and shoes, she's cheaper than I am :heart:.

8. neely

neely Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning Chipper,yes I can see why people get duped, I’m a man of few needs so I don’t spend needlessly,

9. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

Good afternoon CB.
    I'm just hoping to find some of the larger loses so I can plan repairs for down the rd. I was amazed at how much windows helped at our previous home, also cut down a lot of noise.
    I've got a carbide chain here if you need to cut some coal lol.

10. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

I hear you.
    One thing that I've heard of happening a good bit is that they will pay for a cord delivered and then once they stack it all they realize they got taken as it's barely a face cord, then all their ads suddenly disappear. It's very sad, but it's nothing new, scammers that is :nofunny:.

11. chipper1

chipper1 Tree Freak

Howdy Mark.
    That's a nice hideout, wonder if it has a wood stove, it would also need a coffee pot as I don't think I'd want to leave once in there.

12. Sagetown

Sagetown Farmer and a STIHL

Hello Todd: Feeling a lil on the Ruff side today. I feel like the character in that book titled " Fifty Yards to the Out-House", by Willie Makeit. So, I'm taking my tomato juice medication :drinkingcoffee::innocent::drinkingcoffee::rolleyes::drinkingcoffee::yes:..............

13. Sagetown

Sagetown Farmer and a STIHL

Beautiful scenery Mark.
    Are you still on schedule to the moving date ?

14. Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin Addicted to ArboristSite

I have the old style windows & I know they lose a lot. Na I’m good lol! My family is from the Eastern Kentucky/western Virginia area where all they had was coal. They didn’t get city water til the late 90’s. I just like that area really well & takes me back in time.

15. joe kool

joe kool Addicted to ArboristSite

hope everyone had a great day/night

16. Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin Addicted to ArboristSite

Just finished at farm so heading home. Stay warm! Finally dry enough to split on some wood but rain tomorrow!

17. SeMoTony

SeMoTony Addicted to ArboristSite

A little later than predicted, but the creative off road parking contest has started already. The convertible yellow mustang is in the front just on distance, more than 2 football field uphill wiggles in the wrong lane before braking too much and doing a 180° into the ditch. The runner up went directly into a ditch and left enough room for another vehicle to park on top of the driver's side of ( range rover?) Suv Will be interesting in the morning if the 36° guess for midnight is close. Prolly refreeze. Ozark rolly coaster roads interesting with dry pavement lol
    Stay safe Folks

18. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Addicted to ArboristSite

thanks chipper! I had a small salad with dinner this eve... and you know who took some stuff out to side of garage. I had just started salad when in she comes with a nice sprig of cilantro. and she doesn't eat it. one of those who can't! I really like it. it transformed the salad. why I was too lazy to go and get some well, someone had to mind the stove! lol.

>but man cannot live on meat alone, that's why there's ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce:laughing:(and coffee:drinkingcoffee:

works for me.

anything above freezing this time of year is ok for tomatoes. warmer nights are better. depends on variety, though. potatoes, being root, like cold weather. I got mine in a bit early this year 'cause I could gin up my own seed spuds. they r easy to grow. dig trench, put some 0-20-0 in, cover the fert, lay in the seed spud, cover bit more than the depth of the seed spud, and hill down the soil still up as plant grows. lots of info on it online. they r a lot of work. dig trench, dig to harvest. but if fresh store bot is B , garden fresh is A and if garden fresh reds, A+ :) ur herbs look good. like tomatoes, mine grow year round. some sensitive to freezing temps, so cover them...

19. Backyard Lumberjack

oh my! bet that was a cold awakening. hope everyone got back out...

20. Backyard Lumberjack

I have a couple. my camo ear flap I found. washed it 3 times, before would wear it... lol. and got a hoodie from Santa. shoulder length. and I have a black face mask. on a cold nite walking dogs, I want to be warm. this outfit does it. I have a winter walks in cold kit. but, my bank won't let u in lobby with hat, sun glasses or hoodie on. lol

I comply! :popcorn2: