the rabid rasp project is done now. happy with results. I say done, but actually will let it dry day or two more, than sand... and put on 3rd coat. is more than ok now since even though it was a bit of a complex project... it is just toolbox utility. it took some careful woodworking, imo. said I made some engineering changes. originally had used button head 8/32's to hold file to wood. turned out so strong, I decided to counter sink the fasteners. used oval head brass 8/32 1/4"... not your everyday big box or hardware store available fastner. but while the button heads would have been ok, countersunk ovals muchamo better! I had several options before deciding on the brass. 1/4" is not very long, so for top ok, but for cap... had to drill down and then countersink. countersink would not fit hole so had to use 2 drill tips for the countersink. did the job. made a wood plug, but of pine not hickory, dint want the fuss or headache to sand the two surfaces level. pine gave in easy. nice fit. good enuff for my needs. drilled locking holes in rasp stee handle end so epoxy could lock in and to the wood, too. fit handle piece so seams better. put in the epoxy, and some glue for wood cap... aligned it, tightened everybody up, set them with locktite blue... and clamped. and called it a night.