ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Sagetown

Sagetown Farmer and a STIHL

reminds me of when I was in my teens and hunted those little invasive critters.

2. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning all, 60° and sunny with a calm breeze. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is still available. Started the day yesterday with TSC shopping for the animals, feed and crushed oyster shells and gas for the equipment. I had a log on the milling table that I wanted to mill up. 1st cut slab had a big bow in it. WTF.:angry: Thought maybe the ladder was bent, nope. Tried to straighten the next cut by shimming up the ladder to prevent any bend, results, a bigger bend and I pulled the anchoring stake out of the ground. WTF WTF.:angry::angry: Had to pull the saw out of the mill half way through the log. Checked the mill over top to bottom, measured all contact points, no breaks, no cracks, WTF.:angry: Chain was newly sharpened WTF.:angry: Problem, bar needed the edge squared.:dumb2: Ok, squared the edge, put on other newly sharpened chain, tested the chain and bar in a log for straightness, fine, assemble the mill once again, finish the previous cut in the log, fine till the end. Ran the newly sharpened chain into one of the screws holding the ladder on. :dumb2:WTF. Screw was bent and angled down instead of straight or upwards:dumb2::dumb2:. Once again remove saw and chain, resharpen chain, reassemble mill and saw. Finished that log and the next with no further problems. Lesson learned....... Always check all parts of your operation when cleaning or sharpening....... Don't assume that everything is in peak condition. Play safe out there.

3. SeMoTony

SeMoTony Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning
    Having a 6 foot bar and being a CS miller, I'm kinda drooling. But I've started running into my limits with the difference between my late teenage attitude about doing and my bodies' ability to do. Whens the gtg around that tree?
    Have a safe day

4. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

still morning, so Good Morning!... just :drinkingcoffee: and net surfing...

83f out currently, high down here to be about 93f...
    Precipitation: 10%
    Wind: 2 MPH
    Humidity: 63%

caught up with some farm mowing yesterday. gray clouds, coolish, but don't care for summer showers when mowing! :nofunny: but managed. work to be done! and also caught up with this fellow! he was out and about... in the late afternoon. I have seen them in almost all hours of the day. and into late evening. for me, at least... always a startling encounter. so far I remain the winner. variances? non allowed! relocated him high n dry for the owls. he must have struck at my mower blade as I lowered it expecting snakeburger. but was more like a pretzel and upon careful examination... just a nick across front part of head above mouth. but dead and intact. I put it up high n dry right away. gone when I had finished later in eve. thot maybe owl came to dinner. but then saw on ground. looked threatening. I could take no chances so went and got my snake handler's gripper. he was definitely dead! rehung. don't need no copperhead bit late at night... :mad:

of course, Murphy showed up as I was wrapping up. 22 years and my barn's 2 large overhead doors work as installed. but last nite, I go to close the tractor's end... and chit! door jams up high and open... and spits a roller out of the track! :rare2: after awhile... lol, a rancher... farmer... knows what tools are essential to have at the ready and on hand. so with no other choice I walked back to truck and got a small pry bar. 15 mins later :sweet: after being 15' up in the air... the door rolled on again. darn that Murphy!

today - sunny, but bit of a dog day afternoon, no doubt. tree guy coming this afternoon. I need a climber, too. he can do it all! we measured the base circumference of our large pine tree... 19+'!

be careful out there... over 6,000,000 vehicle accidents annually in usa. over 63,000 per day! ... 90 vehicle related deaths per day in usa!

it is Snake Season here in Texas. this critter was a bit larger and fatter than the last!
    but the 'yikes' factor :eek: just the same.
    zch.jpg
    maybe I should name my ranch: Copperhead Ranch!

5. motor head

motor head Addicted to ArboristSite

Hi Todd,All is well thank you,Still raining though,Have a good one buddy :)

6. moondoggie

moondoggie "you get that on these big jobs"

I've been saving this log about a year and a half and I finally milled a board from ut today. I plan on finishing tomorrow. IMG_20190612_150045294.jpg IMG_20190612_142323589.jpg IMG_20190612_154005389.jpg IMG_20190612_154113707.jpg IMG_20190612_154207618.jpg

7. Sagetown

You know; You are right about that. Nothing can beat having young folk to help with the chores of life.
    At Whirlpool Corp in Fort Smith the company hired several hundred students to help increase production during the summer months.Though the work was hard they were enthusiastic.

8. motor head

Good evening, Hope everyone had a good day :)

9. Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard Is it Friday yet

Good to hear my friend :)

10. Stihl working hard

Good evening George :)

11. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

thumbnail_IMG_6519.jpg

That level section at the top is where the house will sit, facing toward the lake & NE Canada
    Today the architect & SA's reps staked out the exact dimensions on the pad that was cleared last fall.
    Just as quiet & peaceful as the last time they visited. It's going to be tough leaving again

Raining here, mostly sunny in Sagle, Id

12. Stihl working hard

Good evening BL how long is that copperhead looks about a metre:surprised3:

13. Stihl working hard

14. Stihl working hard

Good morning AS ers sipping coffee very cold this morning at least it’s not raining,hope everyone had a great day today :hi::drinkingcoffee:

15. motor head

Good morning Todd,Have a good day my friend :drinkingcoffee:

16. stihlaficionado

17. stihlaficionado

daily_gifdump_3092_09.gif

Thought maybe this was @moondoggie delivering a load of wood

18. joe kool

joe kool Addicted to ArboristSite

hope everyone had a great day/night

19. moondoggie

moondoggie "you get that on these big jobs"

Maybe both.

20. Sagetown

I can see the snow already. What kind of vehicle will be trekking up and down that mountain?
    When U first started this, it looked like it'd take for ever, but my how time has flown by already. You'll be moved in before you know it. :hi::havingarest: