ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard Is it Friday yet

Good morning Brett hope all is well with you today buddy :hi::drinkingcoffee:

2. Stihl working hard

Good morning Steve hope all works out well for you today buddy at the auction:hi::drinkingcoffee:

3. knockbill

knockbill Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning,,, weather supposed to break by the weekend,, humidity has been rough this summer...

4. Leeroy

Leeroy ArboristSite Guru

image.png image.png Did'nt think I'd have pictures for this morning. Last night we had quite a storm. Lost power for a few hours. Crew came out around midnight and had power restored in short order. Old porcelain fuse blew from lightening. The guys had never seen equipment that old. There was some tag on transformer dating it to 1943. One of the guys reflected on the possibility that the lineman who worked back then likely served in WWII. A gully washer...
    image.jpeg left some our driveway here: image.png We lost a beauty of a tomatoe plant. Have not broken that news to my beautiful , green thumbed wife.

5. Leeroy

Leeroy ArboristSite Guru

Thanks @chipper1 Not too busy rest of week. I take my time and no longer produce volumes like I once did(or could

6. Buckshot00

Buckshot00 00

Good morning. 75/93 Thunder storms.

7. ray benson

ray benson Tree Freak

Good Morning. Partly cloudy 68°F/ 20°C going up to 81°F/ 27°C

8. deaves61

deaves61 Tree Freak

Good morning all, 73/90 and sunny, have a good day.

9. pferdfiler

pferdfiler Husqvarna-Jonsered Fan

Mornin,65/74* partly sunny :drinkingcoffee::cheers:

10. RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL Addicted to ArboristSite

Good Mornin All. 78° heading to 97°. Thought I'd check in on you fine folks:hi:. Things have been hot and dry around these parts. It's been 42 days since a drop of rain has fell here:(. Small chance of rain Saturday, we'll see:nofunny:. Good thing it was super wet when the spigot shut off. Pastures are holding up well. Had My two sons my nephew and both brothers up for a few days. Got a lot of work done across the street:). Still preping dozed 2 acres I'll plant oats on. I better get out there before it gets to hot. Everyone have a fine day my friends and be safe.:givebeer:

11. stihl023/5

stihl023/5 Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning mid 70's and sun down here near Detroit today.

12. SawTroll

SawTroll Information Collector

Good morning/afternoon/evening all! :drinkingcoffee:

+17C/62F by 2:50 pm, mostly clouded (no rain and little sun).

13. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

hi RAY - I am surprised to hear that! been getting rains almost every day of late. lawn is nice and green again. back to the near excessive mowing schedule. okra amped up nicely! and already got half a dozen asparagus spears reaching skyward. maybe a rain dance... lol ;)

14. joe kool

joe kool Addicted to ArboristSite

good morning/evening
    79 headed to 90 waiting for the humidity to break tomorrow
    have a grateful,safe day.night

15. Backyard Lumberjack

zsa.JPG

over at the SA ranch... some of the kitties dream of making it big in the movies...

zrl.gif

16. Backyard Lumberjack

17. Backyard Lumberjack

hi chipper - they turned out pretty good. good and tasty! :yes: appetizers for the steaks, grilled chicken tenders... and 'butcher fresh' pork loin chops that followed. plenty leftovers! :D

P1300003.JPG

- hope your son is feeling better soon. has school started up there yet?

18. Backyard Lumberjack

Good Morning - low 90's in the forecast ... 83f out now, 92f the high
    Precipitation: 0%
    Wind: 0 MPH
    Humidity: 82%

I put a wrap on the day yesterday last night with a "well, that was a pretty good day!" :)

a guy hit me up other day passing by as I worked out in the front yard. wanted to do some work if I had any... I asked how much an hour? he said how about $18.00? I said, $18.00 an hour? omg man, :surprised3: I don't even make that much :envy:!! :rolleyes: then he hmmm'd and haww'd... and low-balled me a couple of numbers in fast sucession... now he was interesting me... hmmm :cool: I said, if you are serious I like that $x.xx number u quoted. ok he said. I said ok. we exchanged info... I like initiative and self-demonstrated assertiveness. motivation. :popcorn2: I kinda liked the guy and thot maybe 50/50 chance it mite work. the QB was not so optimistic... so he called me yesterday, not on day we set up, but his reason was ok. I had written him off... as a 'no show!'. came over and helped me for a few hours. worked out really well. :D he was happy and I was happy. got a lot done. we plan to try it again, soon. and the QB liked all the bed work that got done...

got back yard mowed and trimmed...

after lighting the day b4's campfire that din't get lit... and shade up... I decided good time to reassemble my ez fold seat. it had exposed raw wood at end of legs and I dint want that out in wet grass, etc. so sealed it with couple coats deep penetrating stain followed with couple coats exterior spar varnish. would have been ok for grass, but am thinking it may be so handy mite like to have it around town, too. so to protect ends on concrete added some sliders. once layed out and such, I cut into slider shaft couple locking grooves as while they would be hammered in last 3/8ths " or so, wanted them set in epoxy. I like to pre-drill all I can! turned out better than expected. and put it all back together. I like it! will come in handy. couple small details still to do, but all in all... well, imo... worth the effort. even if not everyone agrees... lol :laughing: P1300001.JPG P1300002.JPG

:drinkingcoffee:good this morning. not sure I would want to swap it out for tea... but after reading buttercup's morning tea ritual, I was reminded of tea time in England. I like tea... have it, i don't make it in pot, just bags. no cream, just a bit of sugar. mostly for that to me... nostalgic taste!

well, now that the asparagus is off n running, done... need to be thinking of some grass cutting, etc. up country, out there along the county line... but am thinking a bike ride first. and i have some fall tomatoes to plant, too.

have a nice day!

19. Backyard Lumberjack

20. Stihl working hard

Good morning Ray how are you doing today :hi::drinkingcoffee: