ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

some after applied stain pics maybe, never had more luck loading vids as I don't want a YT account or vimeo.

2. knockbill

knockbill Addicted to ArboristSite

3. RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL Addicted to ArboristSite

Howdy Brett. Looks like you have more work to do. Good thing you have the tools to take care of it. We had a shower yesterday that dropped a total of .01 inch of rain. Yep that's 1/100ths of an inch:(. Barely knocked the dust down. But it is the first rain since July 10th:). Take care buddy and be safe. :givebeer:

4. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

Yes Brett ,poison ivy . It all climbs given a chance . I cut it when I see it on a tree so it dies and the birds don't spread the seeds/ berries. I'd just push that one to the burn pile.:blob2:

5. chipper1

chipper1 Living Life to the Full

Thanks BL, I'm being careful.
    Got the drives all cleared up, lots more to do though.
    Thanks Del. I think so too, but just figured I'd ask and see if anyone knew for sure. My neighbor always told me it wasn't.
    Thanks Steve.
    I usually cut it, but these ones were full blown when I got the place and I just left it, it looked pretty neat.
    The burn pile, that's locust :buttkick:. My neighbor took it all off, but I will wait to use it anyway. That oil can last for up to 2 yrs :surprised3:.
    Yep I do Ray, trying to catch up with you :laugh:. I'm very grateful for the equipment :rock:.
    The neighbor said we got 1.5" last night when the storm we through and we had a good amount more than that. That's not much rain you got since July :eek:. Sure hope you get some soon.

6. motor head

motor head Addicted to ArboristSite

Good evening, Hope everyone had a good day :)

7. Sty57

Sty57 Tree Freak

Evening everyone!

8. stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado God of ArboristSite

Working on anything new, Brian?

9. Sty57

Sty57 Tree Freak

Nothing fun..... Been slinging mud on drywall. In the room I built in the basement.

10. cheeves

cheeves Tree Freak

outta sight
    outta sight.
    we had 51 plymouth woodies either baloonie tires...fluid drive tranny ...and a 383 hemi bored 60 thousands. lol
    .brother and I used to sneak it out back doors to the barn over the hill and down to the bridge.....Cape cod canal and back 32 miles in about 15 min. lol.... I was 12 and philly was 9.

11. chipper1

Good morning again guys, just woke from a nap :).
    Won't be long and I'll be out again, long day, most I've done in a couple weeks, good to get something done and glad I could do something.
    Hope everyone had a great day too.

12. cheeves

cheeves Tree Freak

tapatalk don't always come out rt.

13. deaves61

deaves61 Tree Freak

Good evening folks, was kinda warm today, down to the 3 saw plan, sold my 390xp, hadn't been started in over a year, 346 357 372 will do me fine.[​IMG]

14. SeMoTony

SeMoTony Addicted to ArboristSite

20190912_163146.jpg
    Good time to you Brett. Good to hear you are getting back in sorts.
    This week was unkind in the attitudes that grew in me. When I borrow, for me to be good about the deal it's gotta be as good returned as before. On the trailer the log rolled 2 far and bent a ramp support angle and a ramp keeper upper while driving was lost.:crazy2: Running around all morning thinkin "how will I" lookin for pieces sequentially at local businesses that I least wanna give money 2. Thought "better pick up the milling stuff" cause the log isn't coming off as is without doing more damage. Going to the van saw person who loaned trailer & followed him home. He and his dad figured me crazy:crazy2: because of my fixation on how stuff is returned. They said no big deal we got those keepers at the last place Ida gone. Got the van set up the ladder and milled a couple pieces, which kept horse flies away . Remarkable that a screaming 2stroke can lead to internal peace:yes: everything should be alright tomorrow after a decent sleep and early screaming 2stroke to get the weight manageable.
    Rest easy Folks

15. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

my reference was to the cat, nonchalantly, self posted under the snow on roof feeder... scoping things out from its point of view! pretty cool lil vid...

16. Backyard Lumberjack

the thunder boomers soon brought rains... then bit later we had one of those 1/100ths of an inch cloudbursts, actually much less actually... .01 compared would have been near on a flood! made its presence known... like not much more than u know what in the wind... :rolleyes:

17. Backyard Lumberjack

nice 'heads up' display there deaves...

18. Backyard Lumberjack

hi SWH - enjoying your Hawaii updates... well, you know how it is SWH... I could complain, but... I say... but no one wants to listen! :rolleyes:

:laughing:

:givebeer:

19. ray benson

ray benson Tree Freak

Not sure you want to burn it.
    https://www.oralivy.com/burning-poison-ivy-is-never-safe/

20. chipper1

That would probably kill me with my asthma :eek:.
    Story time; back about 20yrs ago a buddy was over and says you mow all that, I'm like yeah :), he's like :dumb:, it was poison sumac. Not only was I mowing it, but I was weedwacking a lot of it, sometimes it took me a week to recover from "mowing" so I thought :oops:.
    My neighbor bagged all this up and threw it out back at his place, some of it was 3+" :surprised3:.
    I put the logs in a pile and will either cut some into boards or buck them into rounds for firewood. The bark will be off it by the time it gets in the house a couple yrs from now so I'm not concerned with burning it, but it's certainly something to remember, Thanks.
    Here's what I did today, this is about a 10th of what I have to do yet, but the rest will wait.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.58.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 9.59.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.01.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.02.34 PM.png