ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
That would probably kill me with my asthma :eek:.
Story time; back about 20yrs ago a buddy was over and says you mow all that, I'm like yeah :), he's like :dumb:, it was poison sumac. Not only was I mowing it, but I was weedwacking a lot of it, sometimes it took me a week to recover from "mowing" so I thought :oops:.
My neighbor bagged all this up and threw it out back at his place, some of it was 3+" :surprised3:.
I put the logs in a pile and will either cut some into boards or buck them into rounds for firewood. The bark will be off it by the time it gets in the house a couple yrs from now so I'm not concerned with burning it, but it's certainly something to remember, Thanks.
Here's what I did today, this is about a 10th of what I have to do yet, but the rest will wait.
View attachment 759132 View attachment 759133 View attachment 759134 View attachment 759136
Great pics Brett I was was talking this morning to a couple from Grand Rapids Michigan :surprised3:small world my friend

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
I can’t believe how much we get ripped off for alcohol in Australia and I know it’s cheaper in the lower 48
In these States we can ferment up to 200 gallons a year without the Federal tax stamps. Check on how much of the Aussie cost is tax. May be a large part of the prices you pay down under.
Enjoy Mate

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper. you have my respectful sympathy, pal! :yes: totally disruptive is my take on all that up there on your place. i hate it when such happens. tens of thousands got it here when Harvey rolled thru. life is busy enough, and just when u wonder where oh where, will i get the time to do that?? then something like all u have to deal with happens. but as we know, chit happens! usually, never at a convenient time.

the kids on the east coast called other day... a/c just went out! 'ouch' and hot. 2 days later they get a service guy over. i said, tell 'em to get ready to shell out $15K!! dual zone, two story. new a/c! but, luck of sorts was on their side... merely a capacitor. bill: $200. loose that R-22 and no doubt a dif ending...

take care chipper, don't work too hard. hope u can get some help, maybe.
Thanks BL.
It is a bit of a pain as it wasn't when or what I had planned for this week/weekend/and a bunch more days throughout the yr, but you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, right. I did however start to have a little pity party today :oops:. I went to the truck and did the same thing starting it today as I did the other day and it stalled, no problem I have other things to do so I'll just let it sit, well I cam back to it about an hr later and the battery was weak, I left the key turned forward :dumb:. Then I stormed to the back of the truck to get the cables and said can't I get a break, my son right there watching it all :omg:, I said I was sorry and I have had lots of breaks and I shouldn't be complaining. I realized quickly that my piss poor attitude wasn't helping me or my boy, thank God for kids to help us see how childish we act o_O:sucks:.
Glad your kids got off cheap, I get what you mean about an upgraded system, sure hope theirs works for a long time now.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Thanks my friend - and yes, it is a Volvo. It is almost new, only 25 years old.

I have been home for a while now, and time for some :givebeer:.
For sure :cheers:.
I enjoy pulling into the store and seeing all of the 2010 trucks that cost 40-50k that are rusted something fierce :eek:, it makes small issues like I'm having with mine worth it :yes:. Mines a 99 so it's not quite at the 25yr mark, but I'm zeroing in on it :rock:.
Sleep well.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Brett, I've done more checking on the air dry of Sycamore and found that twist is common. Best static dry results are from quarter sawn cuts. So the next will be fat in hope's of a mantle buyer showing up who wants wider than the 9 1/2" maple for a mantle. Sycamore has a lotta water weight, loses 17# a cubic foot in drying to 10% if the stats are right on the two places that was used for comparison.
I'd forgotten how calming the acts of milling are for me tho.
Hope Ya'll had a good one
Good evening Tony.
You gotta know how to work with what you have.
If God gives you lemons, you clean carbs right :laugh:.
Glad your enjoying milling again. Is the sycamore pretty easy to mill.
Sleep well.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Great pics Brett I was was talking this morning to a couple from Grand Rapids Michigan :surprised3:small world my friend
No way, did you get a picture of them :picture:.
The neighbors across the road are on a cruise right now, Bill and Kim?
It is a small world, remember I was in St Louis and ran into the guy from Perth :D.
I like this driving adapting nicely View attachment 759267
Nice picture, liking that ride are you.
You sending that picture to all your buddies in Australia :).
I can’t believe how much we get ripped off for alcohol in Australia and I know it’s cheaper in the lower 48
So you moving to the mainland :happybanana:.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Like the filters, but one side or the other is you reserve, the other has an extension tube for normal use. I turn both sides on when first starting to get the fuel in the carbs, fast, then turn the right side ( reserve ) off. I’m good for around 20 miles on reserve. Nice work on the old girl, they are a blast to ride, and get WAY more looks and compliments than any Harley. :cool:
thanks for your thots... I remember running out of gasoline a couple of times while out on my '71 650... always nice to just turn on the reserve and keep putting down the road. :D

in 1971 while in basic flight school down in Pensacola, FL... a buddie of mine and myself both wanted motorcycles to putt about on, so we opted for 2 brand new '71 Bonneville 650's. as I remember, we got a good deal since we were buying the two the dealer had in stock. both gold. $1800 each!! :). I thot about building a trailer. we needed a trailer! 2 bikes. after some dust kicking... went with a nice pro made comm'l model. sure glad I did! simplified everything. towed real nice, too. perfect for the scooters... we always turned heads with them 2 Bonnies in tow...

1971 Triumph Bonneville 650

zsb.jpg

the bike, pix and color... definitely stirs some pleasant memories.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good evening, Hope everyone had a good day :)
hi motorhead... good enuff to get some trimming done, pine needles raked up and picked up by pine needle lady (5 barrels full) and yards mowed. drives cleaned, as well. I sensed a coolness in the early eve breezes... pleasant. then it was time for :givebeer:. hope ur day good, too.

I toasted fall... which ( i hope) cannot be too far away. :D and the QB weeded the pea patch... :D:D harvested a handful of okra other day, and more again, today...

P2200001.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

SWH: I can’t believe how much we get ripped off for alcohol in Australia and I know it’s cheaper in the lower 48

pretty much routine, not always, but somewhere... usually at main store, but other is close... 6 pack Miller $4.50, cold. Bush, too. Buds close, as well. don't see any deals as a rule below $4.50. used to be able to buy 3 cold 16 oz Millers... cold as ice on ice... 3/99-cents!!! $4.99 is common, too. and don't get too sideways, if low and $5.25 or $5.50 6-pk. I pass if over $6. plenty of scotch if I need to substitute or augment! lol

now in clubs, restaurants or bars... different story!

always on sale down here in the lower of the lower 48
zm6.jpg