ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Thanks BL.
It is a bit of a pain as it wasn't when or what I had planned for this week/weekend/and a bunch more days throughout the yr, but you get what you get and you don't throw a fit, right. I did however start to have a little pity party today :oops:. I went to the truck and did the same thing starting it today as I did the other day and it stalled, no problem I have other things to do so I'll just let it sit, well I cam back to it about an hr later and the battery was weak, I left the key turned forward :dumb:. Then I stormed to the back of the truck to get the cables and said can't I get a break, my son right there watching it all :omg:, I said I was sorry and I have had lots of breaks and I shouldn't be complaining. I realized quickly that my piss poor attitude wasn't helping me or my boy, thank God for kids to help us see how childish we act o_O:sucks:.
Glad your kids got off cheap, I get what you mean about an upgraded system, sure hope theirs works for a long time now.
hi chipper. not easy to be that honest about things, but thanks for sharing. I can relate. sometimes I go around kicking :cheers:cans... just for the spite of it and to vent... ok, haha... I rarely find any, as not one to toss about the place... empty beer cans!:drinking: lol. and the QB don't drink (my) beer. about 20 yrs ago I put central air in the ranch house. a York unit. they were prone to blow out capacitors back then in that era, had another new one go, too. service guy treated me right. now living in country, but from my neck of woods in back in town. wired in 2 to add up to the capacity of the one. they still are doing their thing 20+ yrs later. the kids were sure glad it was only a capacitor.

to be honest, in looking at ur pix, it seemed as if most if not all the main stuff went unscathed. you could have had trees in all the wrong places. now that is not a pretty pix. happened to guy down the street. huge, yup, huge oak tree right across the middle of ridge in roof of house. all the way down to stud plates. all tore up! I thot, omg... so glad that is not me. but ... soon... in came the crews, did the rework, top to bottom... and he near on got a new house out of it. ... the silver lining! ~

yes, my friend... you got a lot of breaks re: this storm. and even biggest break - and no one hurt. :)

just remember: tornadoes are not user friendly, as a rule...

[yikes! :eek: is that my soapbox creaking, cracking?... lol ;)]

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Morning people!
Moon sure isn't hiding this morning! Someone mentioned long johns-is 41 anyone's threshold?
Not for me, but I did turn the heat up.
Have a great weekend!
Mornin Leeroy. 41* is close for long johns but hopefully won't need them anytime soon. Looks like we'll be back in the low 80's next week. Was hoping to see the harvest moon but to cloudy here. :drinkingcoffee:

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
Website
plus.google.com
thanks for your thots... I remember running out of gasoline a couple of times while out on my '71 650... always nice to just turn on the reserve and keep putting down the road. :D

in 1971 while in basic flight school down in Pensacola, FL... a buddie of mine and myself both wanted motorcycles to putt about on, so we opted for 2 brand new '71 Bonneville 650's. as I remember, we got a good deal since we were buying the two the dealer had in stock. both gold. $1800 each!! :). I thot about building a trailer. we needed a trailer! 2 bikes. after some dust kicking... went with a nice pro made comm'l model. sure glad I did! simplified everything. towed real nice, too. perfect for the scooters... we always turned heads with them 2 Bonnies in tow...

1971 Triumph Bonneville 650

View attachment 759340

the bike, pix and color... definitely stirs some pleasant memories.
That is a beautiful scooter!
I'd ride that in a heartbeat.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Howdy. Well, as long as I take my RLS pill after dinner, I have a good night's sleep and I often get up before dawn. That's unusual for me!
I'll take that any day.

So I've had my morning coffee and Bible, and now it's off to work. New renter moving in and I have much to do, but this afternoon/evening we have 2 parties to attend. Should be a good day!

motor head

motor head

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi motorhead... good enuff to get some trimming done, pine needles raked up and picked up by pine needle lady (5 barrels full) and yards mowed. drives cleaned, as well. I sensed a coolness in the early eve breezes... pleasant. then it was time for :givebeer:. hope ur day good, too.

I toasted fall... which ( i hope) cannot be too far away. :D and the QB weeded the pea patch... :D:D harvested a handful of okra other day, and more again, today...

View attachment 759355
Hi BL,That Bonneville brings back memory’s.My dad had one for a while.VERY NICE :)

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
59 out now and heading to 70 with blue skies and sun. What's funny is the app on my phone says it's 78 right now :laugh:.
While I like the blue skies I won't be able to burn the brush today with it being so clear as easily. I'll have to get a good hot fire going with dry wood. The storm blew the covers off my bonfire wood stacks and even blew about half of one over, hopefully it will light right up for me, little kerosene does a lot for getting a fire going :blob2:.
Hoping to get a lot of the brush burned up, and to get the rest of the locust that had the hanging cherry limb over/on it. The locust tree has stress cracks going up to about as high as I can reach so theres a darn good chance of getting pinched and I'm not wanting my saw pinched 5' off the ground :eek:.
I'm a little sore in my shoulders from the work yesterday, running the pole saw it doesn't take long when your out of shape. My knee also got banged up a bit when I dropped a 2-3" branch about 6' long and it bounced up and hit right next to my knee cap :dumb:, but if that's the only injury I'm quite pleased :yes:.
Hope you guys have a good weekend.