• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
brother Philip and I bought one off of our great buddy red Nickerson in 69. what a sweet bike. be still my heart.
where did the time go.
beats me cheeves, the time and the :envy::envy:! lol. all I really know is where the :givebeer: goes! [:laughing:]

the guys across the street, 1964 had a smaller Triumph. bit of a TT style. I remember starting it one day. they rode it up n down the street. shorty stack pipes! there I was sitting on it. revving engine a bit. then too much. clutch in. owner standing right beside me... hollering... I repeat... hollering... "don't let the clutch out, don't let the clutch out!!!' I din't, heck even though not fully motorcycle coordinated... 16 at the time... I was not :dizzy:! lol. I definitely could sense the danger of the moment. won't forget that!!! then in gym locker room one day getting dressed for next class, now Sr in HS... two guys talking about their 'just bot' new 650 Bonnevilles. 1965. and had the sales brochure with them. i asked to see it. wow. what a machine!! I remember the awe I felt listening to them... o_O

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi Sty57- me, too. and I plan to, and often! I got a big smile out of fussing with it yesterday. I was a big winner! :numberone:

you see, the owner has no documentation. books on it, or how to's etc. an original, bit beat up, Owner's Manual on ebay is around $100. I found a year model specific repro OM for $10.00. so ordered that at 'full retail!' lol. free shipping included! the 50 page OM for the bike. more or less a mini workshop manual, too. lots of tech in ot, how tos, etc. but that is not the winning deal. just a good deal. also noticed several listings for a Hanynes Triumph workshop manual covering the 1979 model, too. most listings were around $30 and shipping. then, more by chance than not, I saw one at 15. decided to open it up. and it also had a Make Offer. :D so what the heck. the prompt said try 11.38 + shpg. I offered 5 and free shipping. next day counter came in: 10 and free shipping. the QB said, click Buy. I said, no... let me think! hmm, 10 is not bad, but what if they (would) accepted lower. if I don't try, wont know... so I countered their counter with 7.50. came back hr later: accepted! :happybanana:

:p

lol, now that made me smile! :) uh-huh! :yes:

:drinkingcoffee:
Good morning BL.
You left out the part where QB said your cheap:laughing:.

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
No way, did you get a picture of them :picture:.
The neighbors across the road are on a cruise right now, Bill and Kim?
It is a small world, remember I was in St Louis and ran into the guy from Perth :D.

Nice picture, liking that ride are you.
You sending that picture to all your buddies in Australia :).

So you moving to the mainland :happybanana:.
Thinking about moving more action over here a lot of processed food though:surprised3:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
View attachment 759410

Good morn all. Sunny & 82. Stack wood day. One more week of warmer temps, astronomical summer doesn't want to give up the ghost
Good morning Mark.
Swing up here, it's gonna be nice today, the clouds are just starting to come in so partially cloudy now, but I like to say partially sunny, sort of a half full look on it :D.
I'll be doing that in a minute :blob2:.

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
59 out now and heading to 70 with blue skies and sun. What's funny is the app on my phone says it's 78 right now :laugh:.
While I like the blue skies I won't be able to burn the brush today with it being so clear as easily. I'll have to get a good hot fire going with dry wood. The storm blew the covers off my bonfire wood stacks and even blew about half of one over, hopefully it will light right up for me, little kerosene does a lot for getting a fire going :blob2:.
Hoping to get a lot of the brush burned up, and to get the rest of the locust that had the hanging cherry limb over/on it. The locust tree has stress cracks going up to about as high as I can reach so theres a darn good chance of getting pinched and I'm not wanting my saw pinched 5' off the ground :eek:.
I'm a little sore in my shoulders from the work yesterday, running the pole saw it doesn't take long when your out of shape. My knee also got banged up a bit when I dropped a 2-3" branch about 6' long and it bounced up and hit right next to my knee cap :dumb:, but if that's the only injury I'm quite pleased :yes:.
Hope you guys have a good weekend.
Good morning Brett hope all is well with you today buddy

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Nice job Brett. Just keep telling yourself slow down and safe. Even harder with the kids around.
Thanks Ray.
That's the name of the game, slow and steady. The kids aren't allowed around when I'm cutting and around a lot of the woods right now, lots of small to medium hangers. I have one to pull down right by the bonfire pit I want to get today, no climbing involved just a throw line and a rope if needed, If I start climbing I'll run out of energy too soon so I need to work smarter not harder.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Thinking about moving more action over here a lot of processed food though:surprised3:
hi SWH - I bet a Hawaiian GTG would be fun. I can just see the posted vids on cutting circles... thru pineapples... and who's saw is the fastest!!! lol :rolleyes:

:drinkingcoffee: (not Burger King!)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good morning AS drinking filtered coffee from Burger King :surprised3::crazy2:at the airport waiting for our flight to the big island hope everyone has a great day today stay safe out there today my friends :hi::rock2::havingarest:
no doubt you have an adventurous spirit about you, SWH... I wont even drink the coffee at Denny's!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Thanks Ray. That's the name of the game, slow and steady. The kids aren't allowed around when I'm cutting and around a lot of the woods right now, lots of small to medium hangers. I have one to pull down right by the bonfire pit I want to get today, no climbing involved just a throw line and a rope if needed, If I start climbing I'll run out of energy too soon so I need to work smarter not harder.
you drink coffee, chipper? if out, maybe some Burger King coffee mite help... lol :rolleyes:

zbk.jpg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good Morning. solo next couple days. happy daze! another hot day they say. 97f today, 100 all afternoon HI
88f or so out now,
Precipitation: 0%
Wind: 4 MPH
Humidity: 65%

just lazin' a bit this morn. :D reading 'the news' from around the world! :crazy2:
:drinkingcoffee: is great! my mornings are a 3-move start. 1) open eyes 2) OJ! 3) cup a jo'

then I can gear up, and move on out!: whatever the agenda calls for - :picture: :chop::chainsaw: :guitar: :barbecue::drinking::muscle:

or just enjoy the day. :havingarest:

:innocent:

hope u all have a nice Saturday, and it's a good start for a swell weekend.

my lil pup has started a new tactic. howling in low growl. better go see what that is all about... this time!

'over n out!'