ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
Thanks.
Here's a black locust leaner from the storm. It was threatening to fall where I store my trailers so I decided to help it out under my terms rather than wait for it to fall on it's terms. I felt as though it was threatening me, must remove all threats :cool:.
It went right where I wanted :happy:.
I'll brush it out today and then cut it into 8'ers for firewood. I don't need or want any more green wood right now so I'm trying to set as much of the green stuff aside. If I would have finished my splitting I could have put it right there, only about 8hrs to get to get that done, pretty much how it goes always shuffling the new wood with the old(but that's a good problem to have :)).
View attachment 759392 View attachment 759393
Great pics there Brett a little more gardening there my friend can’t see a fire though:laughing::blob2:

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
View attachment 759410

Good morn all. Sunny & 82. Stack wood day. One more week of warmer temps, astronomical summer doesn't want to give up the ghost
I can see a trip in the making to the ER with third degree burns :surprised3::crazy2:.Good afternoon Mark hope your day is going well :hi:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Great pics there Brett a little more gardening there my friend can’t see a fire though:laughing::blob2:
Hey bubba the fires in the back yard and didn't start until today, that was yesterday in the front ;).
Working my tail off out here today, I've got all but two leaders taken care of, they get tangled in with the other trees pretty bad when you don't get to choose where you want to drop them, it's hard work dealing with all the tension/pressure created. I managed to get the pole saw pinched twice and the 261 twice. The good thing is I got them out easily as they weren't bad.
Lots of pressure getting this one off the stump, then more getting it out of the trees its jammed into in the picture :surprised3:.
Its been a long day.
20190914_134322.jpg

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
@chipper1 I don't have to tell you you got some dangerous conditions-wow!
Looks like some rookie faller dropped it in the worse spot possible :laugh:. Can you see the split at the "y" to the left of the trees its wedged between, everytime I got it past a couple trees that it was wedged between it jammed between two more :nofunny:. When I made that cut in the picture above I had the kerf opened a half inch so I wouldn't get pinched, when I cut the top she slammed closed something fierce and just stayed right there. I made five more cuts on the tension side and then knocked it off with a sledge hammer, she moved about a ft when it let loose, glad I knew not to stand there :eek:. The hardest thing is doing all that cutting overhead to shoulder height. I had to do that to get past the fractures. When I layed down the stump I just cut straight through, I got pinched 3 times but was able to get out before she got me, all on the tension side with all the weight it had, storm damage ain't easy.
I did get all the leaners(at least this group) down and all the brush burned up from these trees and the yard.
20190914_121841.jpg 20190914_175225.jpg 20190914_181501.jpg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
59 out now and heading to 70 with blue skies and sun. What's funny is the app on my phone says it's 78 right now :laugh:.
While I like the blue skies I won't be able to burn the brush today with it being so clear as easily. I'll have to get a good hot fire going with dry wood. The storm blew the covers off my bonfire wood stacks and even blew about half of one over, hopefully it will light right up for me, little kerosene does a lot for getting a fire going :blob2:.
Hoping to get a lot of the brush burned up, and to get the rest of the locust that had the hanging cherry limb over/on it. The locust tree has stress cracks going up to about as high as I can reach so theres a darn good chance of getting pinched and I'm not wanting my saw pinched 5' off the ground :eek:.
I'm a little sore in my shoulders from the work yesterday, running the pole saw it doesn't take long when your out of shape. My knee also got banged up a bit when I dropped a 2-3" branch about 6' long and it bounced up and hit right next to my knee cap :dumb:, but if that's the only injury I'm quite pleased :yes:.
Hope you guys have a good weekend.
be careful there chipper. a bouncing betty is better than some alternatives! on Bizarre ER other nite, had 3 in with chain saw accidents. I won't watch that show. too graphic, and not a reality show type version.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Looks like some rookie faller dropped it in the worse spot possible :laugh:. Can you see the split at the "y" to the left of the trees its wedged between, everytime I got it past a couple trees that it was wedged between it jammed between two more :nofunny:. When I made that cut in the picture above I had the kerf opened a half inch so I wouldn't get pinched, when I cut the top she slammed closed something fierce and just stayed right there. I made a five more cuts on the tension side and the knocked it of with a sledge hammer, she moved about a ft when it let loose, glad I knew not to stand there :eek:. The hardest thing is doing all that cutting overhead to shoulder height. I had to do that to get past thw fractures. When I layed down thw stump I just cut straight through, I got pinched 3 times but was able to get out before she got me, all on the tension side with all the weight it had, storm damage aint easy.
I did get all the leaners(at least this group) down and all the brush burned up from these trees and the yard.
View attachment 759521 View attachment 759522 View attachment 759523
at least its cool enuff for a nice campfire! :D

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good afternoon Tony how are you doing today
Okay, touching up one side of the skip chisel chain went well. The other side touched the screw and replacing the corner with a file wasn't going well. Found a full comp chisel which finished the slice. Comp didn't have room for the fuzzy dust so going was slow. 20190914_181339.jpg about light enough to roll over the side without damage to the borrowed trailer! Now I will offer a choice of other slabs that are more suitable for outside use. They have used a slice of the Maple, awhile back, for a street sign. Brett's brother wants one and I indicated they'd get one. Sycamore isn't suitable for outside stuff. But ash, black walnut,, and Maple seems to be and in my stock.
Rest easy topsiders

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150