• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Good evening guys. Got a little less done today than I would have liked, but I got something done.
View attachment 759807 Think I can save it guys :laugh:. View attachment 759808 Managed to get all but a few1-2" roots out of the ground. I also got 3 sticks for lumber out of it, some cure to it, but it should make a stick or two of nice wood for me, especially with all the others I got from the tree in the front :). My littler helper, the older kids had a bit of schoolwork to finish up, we had fun! View attachment 759809
that's a big time serious game of stix, chipper. amazing how close to ur new shed it came, but still missed it. guess u got up on right side of bed that morning... all things considered!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

good morning. 62*/cloudy. happy national cinnamon raisin bread day. gonna head out and fill up the fuel cans this morning. looks like prices are spiking after events in the middle east. AND a beer run. pulling turnips and picking lots of other stuff. have a super day all. FS.
wondering what the B. S. nay sayers... have to say about turnips? they sure do help to make a beef stew just right...

this bowl might just have both... :lol: :laughing: :yes:

:drinkingcoffee:

zbs.jpg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

the morning has slipped away. so it's Good Afternoon! and some good :drinkingcoffee: reading the news and postcards from Hawaii... :)

full agenda today. busy type! scrounge wood to go get. neighbor had an oak limb rain down, not too big, but big enuff. definitely an afternoon's campfire. but hardly 15' plume stuff... and there is some also I need to get between two locations. the rained one is out of a large oak tree, now short on time... it's coming out! and down. tops offered, but not sure I will get... still lots wood to process... well, for a home-based city lot! lol

no rest for the weary!

89f out, 93f high. I like that... rains on the way! and lots they say...
Precipitation: 30%
Wind: 6 MPH
Humidity: 58%

like that low humidity...

well, bike is no mo no go! ridning on mile 4 yesterday and bam! sounded like a high powered air rifle. a lingering sound. PPPSssssssttt! but before it stopped, I had a good idea of what it was. still, to be honest... :eek: startled me. out of the peacefulness of the ride, an instantaneous disruption! :( the smooth peacefulness was no more! the milking had seen the curds give weigh... and the tire/tube... had turned into swiss cheese! I walked home!

repairs are in order...
zbt.jpg

yup! no doubt... repairs r in order!

have a nice day!

'over n out!'

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
wondering what the B. S. nay sayers... have to say about turnips? they sure do help to make a beef stew just right...

this bowl might just have both... :lol: :laughing: :yes:

:drinkingcoffee:

View attachment 759923
Here's some turnips for ya BL. About a bushel and a half. Pull em with one hand,flip up in the air,catch the turnip and with one fell swoop of the sharper than sharp butcher knife off comes the top.:surprised3:
20190916_115049.jpg

Leeroy

Leeroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's some turnips for ya BL. About a bushel and a half. Pull em with one hand,flip up in the air,catch the turnip and with one fell swoop of the sharper than sharp butcher knife off comes the top.:surprised3:
View attachment 759934
Good looking harvest!
Looks like rocks are grown there too?!

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
View attachment 759934
Nice collection of veggies there

Groundman One

Groundman One

Star Gazer
Well if you consider the exchange rate how close am I? 1500.00 here. They always look bigger up close and in person also.
Still close.

If this job was in the city we could charge twice as much and the guy would jump on it. But in the semi-boonies, where this job is, with the competition there is now, ya gotta price it accordingly.

Groundman One

Groundman One

Star Gazer
Well if you consider the exchange rate how close am I? 1500.00 here. They always look bigger up close and in person also.
Oh, and you are dead right about the up close and in person. We have a saying now, "A tu donner un bizzou?", meaning, "Did you hug the tree?"

We've looked at trees from 50', priced 'em like that, and then walked right up and put our hands on it and it ain't the same thing at all. We have made that mistake more than once.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
that's a big time serious game of stix, chipper. amazing how close to ur new shed it came, but still missed it. guess u got up on right side of bed that morning... all things considered!
Good evening BL.
It's a mess, but I'm just taking it one area/one step at a time, I think it's going well all things considered ;)(although I'd like it to go faster lol).
It took out my kids fort and one branch hit my shed, but didn't do much damage.
I hope to get up on that side of the bed again in the morning :).

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Here's some turnips for ya BL. About a bushel and a half. Pull em with one hand,flip up in the air,catch the turnip and with one fell swoop of the sharper than sharp butcher knife off comes the top.:surprised3: View attachment 759934
turnips fare pretty well down here in a fall garden. but we can't grow turnips, squash and zukes in same season. squash and zukes, unless craftily started quite early succumb to vine borer issues! a big nasty looking redish-black moth leaves an egg sack under the plants leaf stem. about the size of this dot . and redish in color. ez to spot, like easy to hear machine gun fire... issue is with so many... eventually, one is sure to have a detrimental effect... affect!

nice vegs, FS... I particularly like the consistency of your tomatoes. very commercial in appearance. corn looked great, too...

of course, fun to see the baby BS growing...

to me not likeing BS is like not liking cold :givebeer: lol

but some don't like cilantro, too. BS may be a gene item as well... and over cooking them is sure to invite this from all the chowhounds at the dinner table :omg:

lol. but like barns and wood piles... me? a B S not to like have I never seen! fresh or frozen... :numberone:

:heart::D:D:D:D:D:D:heart:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

View attachment 759934
what is that in the green background FS... spinach?