• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Good Morning check in

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
Good morning everyone :drinkingcoffee:.
61 here warming to 86 . with a slight chance of showers and that increasing into tomorrow and Sunday, its coming from BL.
Got another bucket split last night, at this rate I should have one side of the woodshed filled by spring :laugh:. Depending on the weather later I may get another bucket done today.
Hope you guys have a great day.
Good morning Brett how many chords do you think you will go through this year:hi::drinkingcoffee:

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
View attachment 760772

Good morn folks. Last really hot day at 88/89 & humid. New wheel I bought for the 511AX literally exploded, not sure what happened.
I double checked the fitting before I set the hex screw to make sure the wheel would be balanced correctly. Maybe something going on with
the motor or shaft; out of $40:nofunny:

Where do you folks buy your grinding wheels from?
Do you ring test the wheel before installation?

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Good Going BL!! 10% of the people do 90% of the work. My hats off to you! :clap: Was born at Hermann Hospital in Houston.....don't think I'd recognize it now. Good Morning! Prayers for all you folks in Houston area. Not nice! Take care and be safe. Aloha.....
thanks cheeves - hope your day goes well today. the shoe goo repair dint really matter when the water is flowing into boot and 2" over the top! lol :rolleyes:

but there was work needing to be done...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

good morning/evening saying a lil prayer for texas and BL .. 63 headed to 78, surely been the nicest week of the year
have a grateful,safe day/night
thanks for your thoughts, etc. jk - plenty here will benefit from such...

feel kinda sad for the 2 who died. think the guy who drowned in van had shown pretty poor headwork! however, the 19-year old who went out to pasture to tend to horse and got electrocuted and drowned... that's a sad tale of woe, for sure. imo, the kid would have been a swell poster boy for 'being a Texas rancher/cowboy'. by all appearances, seemed to have the right stuff! really sad for him and family.

RIP cowboy! :cry:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

good morning. 49*/clear. happy national pepperoni pizza day. gonna finish some bush hoggin and maybe some weed and bug spraying later. weather guesser said some parts of TX got 40" of rain. If it was snow it would have been 33 feet.:crazy2: hope your ok @Backyard Lumberjack. have a great day gang. FS.
thanks Farmer Steve. imo, I have been lucky with several things during my tenure down here in the Lone Star State:

- figured out early on how to get out of morning rush hour traffic and drive at five as to going to work

- how to be able buy a home

- live in a neighborhood that rains oak all the time. great for a pioneering pyro like me! lol :yes:

- and last, but not least... ended up with #2 above being a real estate setting that has never flooded here in the big city. for that I am truly grateful. someone looking out for me from above :oops::heart:!

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Do you ring test the wheel before installation?
Thanks for the vid

I did not. The small diameter of the wheel would require some extra gentle taps though or you're bound to put some cracks in yourself.
I did look to see if it was true however.

It came in a pouch. I thought a box would have been better with lots of padding.

I put a 1/8 wheel on , first w/o the plastic safety guard, then with the safety guard & it spun fine.

I guess I'm either going to buy another OEM Oregon wheel or go with the more expensive CBN wheel which evidently outlasts the OEM
by thousands of uses.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

now a gentler day down here, today. nice. calm. sunny. sure do feel for those disrupted by all the recent weather events of late here.

85f out, it's our high for today, too. but a bit humid. cooler weather for next few days.
Precipitation: 60%
Wind: 6 MPH
Humidity: 80

scattered showers predicted, I heard a momentary patterning on the roof just a few mins ago.

hard to recover from stuff like this. many Harvey affected people still not back to normal and now this...

yesterday, one lady interviewed from a canoe... told about previous flooding in her neighborhood. the tv interviewer asked her what was she going to do about these continual and really bad floods. her answer was simple:

" I am going to move! " as she paddled off with a big smile...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Thanks for the vid I did not. The small diameter of the wheel would require some extra gentle taps though or you're bound to put some cracks in yourself. I did look to see if it was true however. I guess I'm either going to buy another OEM Oregon wheel or go with the more expensive CBN wheel which evidently outlasts the OEM by thousands of uses.
hi SA - seems u escaped the danger of that wheel exploding. $40 is nothing compared to what could have....

did u have safety shield or goggles on? I know I am guilty of just flipping the ON switch, kissing the part... and getting back to the project at hand. and now safety googles. my dad showed my brother and I how to use a bench grinder many moons ago. how to move part across face of wheel, for example to have even wear. and not to grind on the side of the wheel. can promote an explosion... :eek:

I am guilty of that, too! but... your and ray's post will entice me to be a bit more diligent ie, shop safety when turning on my grinders and wire wheels...

glad u were ok, man!

ps: am going to ck my wheels...

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
hi SA - seems u escaped the danger of that wheel exploding. $40 is nothing compared to what could have....

did u have safety shield or goggles on? I know I am guilty of just flipping the ON switch, kissing the part... and getting back to the project at hand. and now safety googles. my dad showed my brother and I how to use a bench grinder many moons ago. how to move part across face of wheel, for example to have even wear. and not to grind on the side of the wheel. can promote an explosion... :eek:

I am guilty of that, too! but... your and ray's post will entice me to be a bit more diligent ie, shop safety when turning on my grinders and wire wheels...

glad u were ok, man!

ps: am going to ck my wheels...
No glasses but the 511AX has a good deal of plastic around the spinning wheel. Probably should wear glasses regardless.
I'm going to try 3700674-z.jpg