• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Good Morning check in

NIP Group
chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
caught again! I try, but I always seem to get caught! :rolleyes:

the weather eased up some today, but I was often back in shop dodging more rains. dark clouds. managed to get the yards all raked up today. that was a project. time to mow some more, the grass has really taken a shine to all this rain! very green! quite unusual for this late in the year! 99% of current pine needles cleaned up and in bins. for the pine needle lady. picked the prev load up yesterday, and I refilled all the big bins again today. out front waiting...

there are so many folks here displaced. flooded out, even some of those Harvey dint get, got it this time! still at evening time today hundreds still stranded out on the freeways. can't move. some good Samaritans got a food truck open, another had a cooker and they cooked dinner for many. a food truck did the same this eve, too. some have been stuck on freeway over 36 hours! many 24 or more! can't move. over 400 big rig trucks lined up one after another stuck on freeways E of town. and now, barges that broke loose in the storm hit freeway concrete pillars and broke them all up. all lanes E, W on the I10 E, a very major hiway... totally shut down til who knows when! ? :surprised3:

and the decimation to lives is really sad to see. just imagine all that is yours, your family, all that u use and deal with daily, home, bed, sheets, carpets, that new wood floor, ur car or truck, ur shop, your tools... everything... suddenly 3-4' under water. it is enuff to make any man :cry:! water flowing thru ur house that the day before was your everyday life style! popping popcorn, :popcorn2:watching tv, sharing a cold one :cheers:, dinner with the family, just livin' life large:dancing:and then gone! destroyed! and u r chest deep in water trying to escape the carnage! no more job, no income, but plenty bills and now more! one family, had just redone home from Harvey. dad and the son... and being interviewd. in despair, understandably... dad said, " took us 2 years working hard to get it back liveable again... (a real nice brick home) and now, in just 12 hours... that is all gone! again!"... as the 13 year old son sadly breaks down with the desperation and reality of it all. and that is just one story. they are calling it catastrophic and historical! in some ways, worse than Harvey. 45" in 5 days, here for some over 40" in 72 hours! and once again, literally billions of :envy::envy: lost to flood damage. 1500 cars towed so far, and many more still out on flooded roadways, not accessible. death toll now 4. close to 2,000 water rescues.

of course, it happens all over. tragedy. and frequently. if not floods, tornados or hurricanes... or bad snow blizzards. fire, too. accidents of one kind or another. but this is currently 24/7 in our face. cannot escape it. it is current and contemporary. it is here, and we have to live it. any way one cuts it... very sad, desperate situation!

I guess the SOS more for all those affected by Imelda. all he** was breaking loose when I made that post. I guess some dint even know the weather here had turned as it did...

thanks for the weather map graphic RAY! :) :cheers:

over 400 big rigs all lined up E of town. stuck!
View attachment 760907
Good afternoon BL.
Makes me even more glad for where we live, also make a bunch of trees being down seem like a light and momentary trouble.
Be safe down there.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Sure, I'll let you have the old one in 10 years. It still should be good for another 10 years

Never have to dress the wheel

www.sharpeningsupplies.com

fastest shipping I've ever experienced, w/i hours of ordering
Good wet afternoon Mark.
The sure don't give them away do they, but I'm guessing it won't shatter in your face either :eek:.
I'll be waiting :popcorn2: :innocent: :badpc: :sucks:.
Ive seen them on the net before, look to be a good sized outfit, maybe I'll get one someday too:cheers:.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning all, 50° + at chores time. What a wonderful morning. What could be better ? Well for one my tractor tire doesn't need to be flat but it is, my favorite saw could be running but it isn't, my differential in my truck doesn't need to be leaking but it is. It's been a great week so far. Can't wait for tomorrow but first I have to make it through today without breaking anything, intentionally or otherwise. First up, get that saw running, next breakdown the tractor tire, tube is ordered but it will be a few days before it gets here. Drained the calcium, only about 20 to 25 gals. Breaking the bead by hand is a beech. May need some neighborly help. I think my biorhythms are out of sync, I can't remember such a stretch of bad luck. Now I know why farmers drink, well at least the ones that have worked this piece of land. Play safe out there.
Sounds like one of those "if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all" lol. You better start buying lottery tickets now, if things are that bad when they turn around imagine how good they will be :laugh:.
I've used the wood splitter to pop a tire off the bead/rim before, but never on a tractor tire. Another trick is to put a board on the tire and then drive up it, kinda like a car ramp, it's a good idea to have a spotter to make sure the board doesn't damage the wheel :surprised3:.
I got home from church to this, I thought it was pretty funny.
I just laughed and took a picture, then drove down the accessory drive :rock:.
I've offered to take these down a few times, but the neighbor said he'd get them, well he's got them :lol:.
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 3.15.15 PM.png

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
Website
plus.google.com
Good morning Brian hope your day is going well lovely looking dog there my friend :hi::drinkingcoffee:
Thanks Todd.
He going to be a work in progress. He's like a really big puppy. As he knows no commands at all.
I was looking at his paperwork a little bit ago and he is only 9 1/2 months old.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Thanks Todd.
He going to be a work in progress. He's like a really big puppy. As he knows no commands at all.
I was looking at his paperwork a little bit ago and he is only 9 1/2 months old.
He's a great looking dog Brian. I know he has a good home now. Is he chipped? He is stihl young enough to train unlike our mutt who was 2 years old when we got her with no previous training and Stihl doesn't know the come command.:dumb2:

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
Website
plus.google.com
He's a great looking dog Brian. I know he has a good home now. Is he chipped? He is stihl young enough to train unlike our mutt who was 2 years old when we got her with no previous training and Stihl doesn't know the come command.:dumb2:
They think he's chipped but they said that we need to have the vet scan him and see for sure.
If not they will pay for one.
We got him from a place that rescues Golden's from China. Before the end up in the meat market.
He was flown in on Thursday night with 24 other dogs.
All the other ones were spoken for too.

He really doesn't know what to do outside at all yet. I don't think he was able to move around much on his own.