• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Was ok til I got lit up by a fairly new cop. License plate wasn't lit up, insurance cards prolly showing up tomorrow. Warning on both of them after he made sure to let me know the state laws involved with each offense. He has them memorized?:innocent:
Do you still live in Ironton? Never lived there,I live in St. Francois county. The post office is in Ironton.:ices_rofl: poor guy was more nervous than me.
Rest easy topsiders
sounds like your fared well, SemoT - they don't give warnings on no insurance or proof of here in Texas! "no card, but have it? ... u can tell it to the judge!"

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good evening guys.
Raining pretty good here on and off for the few hrs and more to come with a heavy band about to nail us shortly.
Looks as though by late tomorrow morning the rain will be gone then highs in the mid 60's tomorrow :happybanana:. I better turn the AC off before I go to bed lol.
mid 60's we don't need a/c here! lol. I sure could have used some a/c outside today... one of the most humid days I can remember! :nofunny:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good morning. 68*clear/humid. Happy national pot pie day. No not this kind.:surprised3: View attachment 761256 Guessers are saying maybe 90* on this first day of fall. Gonna try and get pickin done early. Have a wonderful day all. FS.
had one for dinner last nite. chicken pot pie with mushrooms. nothing to write home about, but filled the bill...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good morning,,, looks like summer is over,,, start of another season,,, time really flies!!!!
lucky you kb ~ not here. hot and humid. had to change out clothes couple times today. just too soaked! exceptionally humid! cool can't get here soon enough, imo! right RAY! ??

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Already sweatin. 50 heads of cabbage for auction. View attachment 761303
cabbage fares well down here in a fall garden. but it likes cooler temps of fall/winter season. looks like some nice sized cabbages there FS. any over 10#? bigger?

I like cabbage! cooked, rolled, stuffed or cole slaw!

not too big on sauerkraut, though! ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

View attachment 761302 Never seen a T. like this Good morn all. Lots going on at the Ranch, cooler today, no humidity
the old Triumph co quit production in 1983. couple years later under new management and new production methods the new company emerged. they kept some of the old classics and lines and added more modern designs to compete with the competition. they have done pretty well. do u know what year that is SA?

found a copy avail of the original Owner's Manual for the '79 Bonneville. this real mcCoy offered at $115 + shipping. the repro exact same pages, $10, free shipping! it came today. ebay. with the two tech books now in hand appears will be taking a look at the filter at the banjo where the fuel comes into carb from either main, reserve, or both. new OE avail for $9 ea. but I think they will be cleanable. interesting to learn how the Triumph's charging system converts the alternating current to DC current... and what components are involved and where located. the Amal carbs for the 750 has 4 circuits... idle to WOT! from the bloke book:

idle is tick over
instant throttle response is snap acceleration

I even found a typo, too!

'...as a petrol-air mixture through...'
...as a petrol-air mixture through...

lol

OE $115.00
ztom.jpg
repro: $10.00

really do like having copy of the 79 Bonnie's Owner's Manual. :D

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

hi chipper. right! now that the I10 E, W is closed on E side of town traffic is producing the 'traffic jam from he**! on the alternate roadway! saying its over 2 hours long to get thru it. how's that for a fun drive to and from work? what was 20 mins one way, is now 2 hrs! they showed sky-eye pix of it this morning. incredible to see. hard to fathom having to deal with it. I got a lot done yesterday, but heavy rains in afternoon shut me down. and more rains expected today, too. am ready for some dry, cool air! have a good day!
today on eve news they had interviewed an area resident in that detour thru neighborhood. he said yesterday he made a trip to Channelview. normally a 10 min roundy round. took him hour and 20 mins to make the trip today!

I said to the 'bee this morning, ah heck - those barges din't hit the other side road's supports! cross over the lanes and get it going again!! tonite, they said... no damage to other side of bridge, going to cross over traffic...once barriers, etc in place! maybe I should have been a civil engineer? lol :rolleyes:

in any event, it will still be a nasty bottleneck!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good evening BL. saw that online, looks like a mess :rare2:. e will continue to pray for everyone down there, that's a big disaster! Please send the rains elsewhere, we've had enough for a min, sure you all have too.
rains daily here, chipper! takes the punch out of a good day's good start. I don't mow in the rain in the city...

Rain, rain go away
Try again another day.
Rain, rain go away
That's what chipper wants me to say!

:lol:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

If BL wants to send em here 1st to drop some of the moisture I woodn't mind. Creek is low, but with a little rain recently the venison won't be coming back down to the creek for drinks. Those mosquito puddles scattered around the Ozarks provide plenty for them. With so small a flow it doesn't get as chilled. Rest easy Ya'll
lol, ok can try! I don't go out w/o 'skitter spray!

Rain, rain go that way
Come to stay there the whole day.
Rain, rain go that-a-away
That's what SemoT wants me to say...:cheers:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good Morning -

79f out now, 90f the high. high humidity, too... no doubt!
Precipitation: 0%
Wind: 3 MPH
Humidity: 91%

mowed front lawn this morning, til humidty drove me in, then some rains put more mowing idea on hold! ran some errands, then got back out and worked outside some more... cooked burgers n fries outside for dinner... I like cooking whole meal outside...

just traditional drive-in fare: std burger n fries. hand cut fries. no shakes!! ~
P3040021.JPG

'dinner for two!' x 2. great tasting burgers. made Arctic Circle drive-in sauce for mine, too.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

got some real easy scrounge oak just down the street to scrounge. easy 5 cords. no doubt 6 or 7, maybe more! ? it won't be moving too fast, prob get a cord of it. the easy stuff. neighbor's house, block away.

tall oak, 30 maybe 35' or bit more...
P3040020.JPG

all this was topside on the oak this morning. long trunk and then lots limbs at top. lower cuts were from long ago. tree well seasoned! but still had growth on top
P3040019.JPG

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
good morning. 65*/clear/cooler. Happy national cherries jubilee day. Tried to rain yesterday but didn't even settle the dust.:( Stihl lots of hay baling going on in the area. Have seen a few corn fields picked in my travels but not a lot yet. Lots of corn being chopped for silage. Truck loading shortly. Have a great day all. FS.