ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

hi RAY - sorry to hear about the fence! always a bit of a pita to have to go 'fix the fence line'... don't ask me how I know! lol.

Travis the tv weatherman said yesterday on ABC13 eve news about our Texas weather... "going to be back and forth!"

then "tomorrow (today) summer will be back!~

:rare2:

oh well, fall is just around the corner... again! lol

hope you have a good one RAY, fence done... or two! :cheers:

Wolfcsm, chipper1, motor head and 7 others like this.
  2. LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning y’all. Currently 80* and sunny. They say we have another cool front hitting tomorrow so we will see. Allergies done got me tore up right now and just waiting for it to settle in my chest. Getting a tire fixed and tires rotated right now. Been trying to get stuff done but seems like always something else coming up.

3. Backyard Lumberjack

Good Morning...

warm out I hear... still :drinkingcoffee: rain and cold tomorrow

82f out now, 93f predicted. Travis said we dint see past 90 yesterday...

decided to fuss with my 6.0 briggs, the one that was DOA when I got the donor trans mower. I had already tried to pull the blade hub off few days back. no cigar! it was 'stuck like chuck!' and I took it to its limit. a max effort... mechanically speaking. lots of force and load! soaked in 'blaster. no cigar! "chit!!' :mad: oh well, other things to do, I moved on. but, I am pulling rod, piston rings, etc... and sump covers don't come off with stuk hubs on pto side of engine crank! it had to come off. I had already put heat to it. no cigar! but my plans this time included all the same, but with flames! :D the hub had it's marching orders...'chit or get off the...'!

so I set it up. had been extra soaking it all day yesterday, working on realted items. the engine. I thot oxy/ac... but maybe butane torch mite coax it. very hot flames! so I tried it. loaded the crank, hub and HD puller up good and tight. lit the burner, heat sink in place to protect crank seal... and flamed away. round n round, up n down... back n forth... then all of a sudden, quite unexpectedly... PA ~ ting! ... a loud metallic ping rings out. totally :surprised3: startled me. that loud! hub had broken loose (finally) and decided to give up the ghost! that was one of my smiles yesterday. had 3!

still, it wasn't a cake walk to remove hub. but she inched off. then the belt hub was next. I putz'd with that for over an hr and half... nothing I had, or could come up with short-term suggested I would pull it 'today'. I got creative with everything, but no solution. and no way a puller's jaws will hold to a tapered V's sides... why no holes to bolt in a puller in hub? oh, that's right todays mower engines mostly throw-a-ways! well, at the 5/6 hp homeowner, level...

then I got lucky! decided to try the V edge anyways. and I could see it just, I say... it just mite work. omg, it held. I suspected the V drive wouldn't be as stuck as blade. but I had to grab it. slippery, no edge to hold to, bit like finger tips and stuck on side of mountain! and then as I applied puller happily she 'left the building!' :D now both hubs off! :D:D and today I can pull the sump cover... :happybanana:and get inside. rod, piston, rings, etc.

kinda upbeat about it. even ordered me a new valve spring compressor for small briggs. to be here today. well, heck I got 7 briggs. so why not? mite fuss with one or two others, too. but to be honest, I have never been inside a small briggs before. I plan to rebuild this one. in the past I just bot a new engine. it's bore a bit weak. guess it will be what it will be. new rod, piston and rings in order. hand hone it. and some port work, too. basics... mill ridges, casting part lines, etc. freshen up the valves.

sure glad that hub/pulley off!! :yes:

P3200001.JPG P3200002.JPG P3200003.JPG P3200004.JPG P3200005.JPG

u can see the bite mark at edge of V. almost a 'no go', but she held... :)

well, just some trivia from the 'it don't really matter' big scheme of things department...

so it goes, hope you have a swell day today. enjoyed the news

'over n out!'

4. knockbill

knockbill Addicted to ArboristSite

Still A/C season in Texas, I'll bet!!!

5. knockbill

Yep,,, until next year at least!!!!

6. Backyard Lumberjack

:eek:

I am grounded! lol...

left coffee pot ON after emptying it for last cup o 'jo...

"you are grounded!" so says the QB

'blah, bla... bla blah!'

:laughing:

and to think its Pyrex!....

:rolleyes:

~ :heart:QB:heart: ~

7. Backyard Lumberjack

all day today, at least... lol

8. knockbill

HA,,, take longer to get there then do the work!!! had to replace the old Carrier A/C I put in in 1974,,, don't know if this Goodman will last that long,,, I'm sure I won't be here to find out!!!

9. knockbill

Good morning,,,Shhhhhhhh, not last year at least... didn't get the blower out at all,,, we have had 36" at times tho.... hopefully not again!!!

10. Backyard Lumberjack

chipper, going to show the QB that sofa pix of yours... maybe she will let me take apart my briggs 6.0 on ours... looks like a workbench to me! ;)

oh - :) fresh :drinkingcoffee:

11. Backyard Lumberjack

a foreign owned mfg co. they came in to H, boughtt a small a/c co couple yrs back... Goodman. moved it. now they have a plant just outside of town... so BIG the Tx DOT redid the hiway by them, for them!,... its a massive plant, but not quite as big as Boeing's 747 plant... close! 30-40 18-wheelers at dock a common site from the roadway... run 3 shifts!

12. knockbill

Yep,,, I thought they were from Texas,,, seem to be top company for domestic A/C now a days...I worked on 4-5 installations, no repairs ,,, yet!!! They use high quality compressors, so I expect it to be better than the Carrier stuff made today,,, certainly way cheaper to buy!!!!!!

13. knockbill

Yep,,, gas wrench usually works,,, used it quite a bit replacing rear springs on my old truck last year,,, just had shield and be real careful around teh gas tank!!!!!

14. joe kool

joe kool Addicted to ArboristSite

good afternoon/night
    my wood pile is very small this year, a buddy offered me his but I haven't been able to go get any, he recently had back surgery
    hanging at 66 rainy/windy with a nor easter off the coast affecting cheeves also
    have a grateful day/morning

15. Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard Is it Friday yet

Sorry to hear that Niko stay safe buddy :):hi:

16. Stihl working hard

Going out cutting tomorrow to start the firewood pile for next season :chainsaw:

17. Stihl working hard

Glad to hear George :)

18. Stihl working hard

Cutting tomorrow :chainsaw:

19. Stihl working hard

Good morning AS ers sipping coffee well it’s Friday again glad the weekend is just around the corner hope everyone had a great day today stay safe out there today my friends :hi::drinkingcoffee:

20. motor head

motor head Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning Todd,Have a good day my friend :drinkingcoffee: