• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Good Morning check in

NIP Group

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't think you can claim that even similar looking chain loops are identical, without knowledge of the metallurgy and production toleranses etc. involved. A copy almost never is identical to the original.

In the picture it looks like the others have better (= less "green") rakers than the LGX anyway - so they may basically be copies of an older design (or a mix of features from different designs)?

This likely doesn't make much difference for most cutting - but may well make a difference for bore-cutting etc. There is a reason that reasonably fresh LPX is better (more effective) for bore-cutting than LGX and the different Stihl RS variants currently made, and it is the shape of the rakers. The old RS wasn't like this (with the large bulbous rakers), nor was the now discontinued RSK.

The manufacturers are "sneaking" in more and more "greenish" features on chain that still is classified as "yellow" - and this has been going on for a long time now.
It's 5.00 a loop cheaper than archer
and around 23.00 cheaper than stihl is local.
and like all the chains after a handfile cuts great.
If it's as durable as archer and upstart have been
It's a great deal
For budget chain.
I don't have to risk my oregon,carlton,windsor,stihl chain's on yardtrees full of metal.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Currently 66* out and I’m in a hoodie
Mid 50's yesterday, spent time in the creek, invigorating. Wasn't convenient today time wise but tomorrow is high 50's being called for before rains night and next day. A guy with 8 foot trailer was enjoying MODOT area in front of tree line prior to 17 foot deep wash. Turns out he's looking for a board to commemorate his Dad. He chose one gave him 60% discount, hope he finds more of whatever he is seeking

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
I just caught wind of the snowman there, chipper. nice touch! :yes:
Good evening BL.
Had this :rolleyes: in the queue and forgot about it.
The kids had fun building that little guy.
It's probably about gone now, if not it will be by the end of the week as it's been "warm" this week:havingarest:.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Don't homeowners like bigger chips, faster cutting with a screaming engine in their mitts? Are all homeowners unknowledgeable about safe use of power equiptment?
Catching up with needed stuff for a firewood cut Saturday with a batch of others in memory of a recently deceased and care for his widow & children.
Enjoy Ya'll
Good evening Tony.
I was talking about how dealers(particularly stihl dealers) treat folks like they don't know what they are talking about, even when they do. It's obvious who they deal with on a normal basis and it's not guys who are well informed of the products they are buying.
Most the homeowners I know like to hear a screaming saw, otherwise maybe they would sharpen their chains :laugh:.
Sounds like a good time with a great purpose, hope you all have a great time and get a lot done for them.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
I figured you’d pick up on my little joke :)
Hey these aren't joking matters :lol:.
You ready for work. I was thinking about you when we were at a gas station today, there was a state trooper, wanted to take her picture and send it to you saying if she can deal with the cold you can :D.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey these aren't joking matters :lol:.
You ready for work. I was thinking about you when we were at a gas station today, there was a state trooper, wanted to take her picture and send it to you saying if she can deal with the cold you can :D.
What I need you to do is get me a patch from y’all a state police :) really if any of the guys on here could it would be awesome! My boys like to collect police and fire patches so if you know anyone or ever drive by a station and ask it’s be awesome :). And my boys draw thank you pictures/cards.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
What I need you to do is get me a patch from y’all a state police :) really if any of the guys on here could it would be awesome! My boys like to collect police and fire patches so if you know anyone or ever drive by a station and ask it’s be awesome :). And my boys draw thank you pictures/cards.
Pretty sure she wouldn't have liked that Lee :surprised3:.
You can usually buy that type of thing on eBay for a pretty low price :yes:.
Never seen them anywhere else, but I do know one ex trooper. We did his roof about 20yrs ago, just noticed the house was up for sale, not sure if he still lives there but I see him in town now and then. If I see him I will ask.