• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi Lonestar - it was a nice day today. bit humid. they even talked about it on eve new's weather. hints of cool air blowing in late afternoon. but, alas... I confess... got the a/c on ON. :rolleyes: catch a degree down or so.

a/c on! I'm a whimp! lol
I spent most my day outside. It was a tad warm but still very nice! I think it was pertnear perfect. I got some chains sharpened and the engine pulled out of the homelite xl my son is working on. Both my boys wanted to use the chain grinder on the homelite xl chain and both ground off a whole cutter when I turned away. I figured something would happen oh well. I need to fond a new chain for it and get a new air filter as the one on it disintegrated in my hand. And find a carb kit woohoo

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Great day chilly early, worked up a sweat and splashed in the creek a bit View attachment 777763
Invigorating! Hope Ya'll enjoyed
good pix! lots of 'dust'!... even though inviting, that stream looks as if it could cool you down... like real fast! :cold:

>Hope Ya'll enjoyed

brr, I might go for the stream in August... lol

NIP Group
Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

while the early eve air's blow was more warmer than it was cool... enuff cool in it to be quite nice. I was out raking pine needles. 67f out currently, 77f was our high. tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, sunny... all day long! mite need glasses... :cool: bluebonnets doing very well. couple showing close to if not bit more... 1/8" new growth in middle. no more added. rest of garden happy as a lark. me, too! never did pull last 7 okras. they hint of trying. made it thru last 32f cold spell well. uncovered.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

well, got the Cyber Monday piston deal in a day early. no matching part numbers I was expecting on any of the boxes. but 6.5 hp parts the right ones. all in B&S boxes. none seemed to be retaped although listing said repacked. all parts brand new as the day they made it into the inventory list. and as measured and compared a 'right on' match to the piston assembly I got other day. only :wtf: is this?...

unlike first shipment of parts, this time came in 2 boxes. piston, clips, pin, rings in one... and rod in another... along with... a Brand New 12.5 hp Briggs piston, pins and rings! wtf?.... by part #. I can guess why, but little more than speculation. but I am not complaining. you see... my tow tug prime mover engine is a 12.5 hp Briggs! :D starts on a dime and runs great. but down the road did kinda want to up its performance with the 11 hp head conversion... increases compression noticeably. a new piston, rings, etc... sounds ideal for such a project. :yes: various sources list the B&S 12.5 hp piston assy at $60 - $65. $12.99 for a new unused $46 rod piston rings etc kit... and a 12.5 piston assy STD. free just for ordering! lol my kinda deal! :laughing: :givebeer: !

aww-w!, ya prob think I am just full of donkey dust... jivin' it up... :happybanana: but let this pix speak for me:

P5160004.JPG

seeing is believing. I still don't believe it! :sweet:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper. I remember days like that. bundle up to start the car... let it warm up, finally heat blowing... but coat and gloves never taken off driving... brr :cold: and not to overlook the fun of scraping windshields.
Good evening BL.
Was a sweatshirt day while the sun was overhead, even got a few glimpses of it.
No scraping if you plan far enough ahead, that is if it's just frost, most the snow here is a bit heavy so you need to clean it off.
Hope you had a great day.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning Brett, sound a bit chilly and with rain that’s downright cold.
What say Lee.
It was a bit if you were in the wind, but sweatshirt is all I wore today.
When it's in the 30's and it rains it's not nice to be outside :eek:, better 25 and snowing :yes:.
because the person thinks they have gold
Cause it's a stihl o_O.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
What say Lee.
It was a bit if you were in the wind, but sweatshirt is all I wore today.
When it's in the 30's and it rains it's not nice to be outside :eek:, better 25 and snowing :yes:.

Cause it's a stihl o_O.
Well I could’ve been in shorts. I like to wear jeans and boots though :). Used to get made fun of in college by a roommate who said I run faster and better in boots. I said it’s probably because I grew up in them. Used to coach women’s lacrosse in college and would scrimmage with them in boots lol. Anywho looks to be cooler tomorrow but we will see

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
View attachment 777779 Evening y’all! Sold a couple ricks to a neighbor today & fixed a flat on the tractor & worked some cows. Went to town last night to watch the NASCAR burnouts & had a blast! Stay safe y’all!
Cool CB. They run some cars thru Harrisburg when the guys are racing at Pocono but that's during the daytime. Nitetime burnouts would be cool,

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
A breathed on 660 may do better than an 880. Match chain to PH output. Avatar Ms-460 max flo & muff-mod pulling semi-skip loop around 60" cannon 3 years ago. Ash trunk was 42" b&c w/semi-skip cut very well, just not fast View attachment 777760 42" with ripping loop a week before in white oak was slower small chips with new loop.
View attachment 777761 downhill & an angle to use the cutters for self feed. "Top" side of bar is oiled.
More recently View attachment 777762 661c broke in enough on maple to rock'n roll. Upcoming a 5-6' dia 20 foot stump from a blown off top. Got to work out timing with the man who knows about it and said " how big a bar you got Tony?" Then he heard 661 speak at a cut & split gtg 12 days ago. He said how soon can we get that 72" bar felling and milling that tree?
Great day chilly early, worked up a sweat and splashed in the creek a bit View attachment 777763
Invigorating!
Hope Ya'll enjoyed
Nice setup there Tony great pics my friend thanks for sharing :yes::rock2: