ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Yep,,, but I wish I was still working!!!!!
not me, not the 8-5 kind these days. but I did. actually I was a 9 am to 2 am in the morning kinda worker! lol. like in the dictionary, fun comes before work. I guess its all how u define it. as I am sure SWH :heart: his job, what with :cheers: fund, etc... and things... :D

no doubt, free beer? :givebeer: lucky guy! ~

I mite could have gone for a job like that ~ :yes:

Leeroy

Leeroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi Leeroy - actually, I thot it was spelled correctly. on another BB there was a bit of a flame pop up when one subscriber took issue with some slang. "grammar policeman". he got his shorts pulled down a bit when it was mentioned to him that his... grammar was incorrect in several places. glass house and throwing stones syndrome...

well, I thot u meant like vice, as in vice squad. and they could be a tough crew to get away from if they nabbed you. so out in the wood, a stump vice is exactly or can be the same as a stump vise! or vise-a vice-a! two spellings, same meaning. iukwim. :D

:baaa: :sucks:
Thanks BL! Glad you checked in, seems like you were missing in action. 'Course I may have missed a page or three.
What's a BB?
I see there's a thread on stump " vicses"!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Thanks BL! Glad you checked in, seems like you were missing in action. 'Course I may have missed a page or three. What's a BB? I see there's a thread on stump " vicses"!
hi Leeroy - and miss all this fun! ?? :rolleyes: no, I tend to read the daily news. ck the weather. scan the international updates, etc. unless out of town. BB: bulletin board. site. I usually file my chisel and 'walk' back til have to push chain fwd. but I have noticed seems more stable on the nose...

technique - good tip! I think you have it on the nose! ;)

now time to go walk the pup. I hear squeaks from the other room...

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
hello SemoT - that's a nice scrounge! lodda wood! skinned over x 2 and prob might fit up and make a float plane.... :D good pix! I was taking some pix other day on a scrounge plus some :envy: change and guy said, 'oh, an oldie'... o_O guess I have had my Minolta for a while's... lol

View attachment 778778
BL here's what I did so far in sequence 20191209_122456.jpg 20191209_122553.jpg 20191209_122906.jpg
Will work better than in direct sunlight which may twist or bend do to uneven dry. Should provide a flow of hot air.
Hope all are enjoying today

buttercup

buttercup

Gone fishing
I am positively surprised compared to my expectations; its bulky on the left side with the protruding starter cover but in real life it looks ok and the whole thing actually seems quite compact, feels good in my hands too.

I was kinda set for sending it back now and go for a Husky that I can buy locally, but they asked if an offer might change my mind so I guess I'll wait and see what they can come up with.

13" bar, .325 and 3 chains to go with it. The cat (Makita) obviously don't want me to put it back in the box...
RIMG0005.JPG RIMG0011.JPG

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am positively surprised compared to my expectations; its bulky on the left side with the protruding starter cover but in real life it looks ok and the whole thing actually seems quite compact, feels good in my hands too.

I was kinda set for sending it back now and go for a Husky that I can buy locally, but they asked if an offer might change my mind so I guess I'll wait and see what they can come up with.

13" bar, .325 and 3 chains to go with it. The cat (Makita) obviously don't want me to put it back in the box...
View attachment 778815 View attachment 778816
i just traded one of those for a nice 266
I'm a 66cc and up cutter.

TRTermite

TRTermite

ArboristSite Guru
oic, would have been a swell pix. but basically, u save them and then 'insert' ... plenty how-to's online...
I am thinking my phone is my problem it is a hand me down and somehow it has a split personality when email vs. messages and admittedly I am challenged with phone and computer stuff.
I also tell myself I have enough bad habits. No need to perfect any more.

TRTermite

TRTermite

ArboristSite Guru
Good morning sir.
Do you have a teenager around :).
Yes I do. He is worthless with computers, But Most 14 year old Rat Terriers are.
I have my Little brothers old phone and I think he will be upgrading again He has tried to get this phone working but to no avail -- sooo.. I will be patient..

TRTermite

TRTermite

ArboristSite Guru
hi Leeroy - actually, I thot it was spelled correctly. on another BB there was a bit of a flame popped up when one subscriber took issue with some slang. "grammar policeman". he got his shorts pulled down a bit when it was mentioned to him that his... grammar was incorrect in several places. glass house and throwing stones syndrome...

well, I thot u meant like vice, as in vice squad. and they could be a tough crew to get away from if they nabbed you. so out in the wood, a stump vice is exactly or can be the same as a stump vise! or vise-a vice-a! two spellings, same meaning. iukwim. :D

:baaa: :sucks:
You see winch and wench contanglefuzed once in a while.

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
hi SWH - getting something out of the freezer yesterday I noticed the snow ball I have in it still. guess even down here we have some snow. plastic freezer bag. tomatoes and snow balls! lol have a nice day. hope you get back to 70's soon...
Maybe next year:surprised3: