ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by KD57, Jul 8, 2009.

1. RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL Addicted to ArboristSite

Howdy Lee. Prayers for a successful procedure for your son buddy. Prayers for you and the family also. Take care my friend.

2. joe kool

joe kool Addicted to ArboristSite

good morning/evening
    40 headed to 49
    have a grateful,safe day/night

3. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

Now that's a very good snack. I don't have any pies in the house but I do have A&W root beer to make an Ice Cream float. Loved them as a kid and still do.

4. djones

djones Addicted to ArboristSite

Good morning all, 20° at chores time and not much warmer yet. Animals are fed and watered, boiler only partially filled as it had a lot of coals still glowing this AM. With the heat wave of the last 2 days (hi 40's) I was able to get 2 trailer loads of wood split and stacked. I got an hour of splitting done Sat. late afternoon and again yesterday afternoon. All the rounds near the bottom of the stacks are frozen to each other and need the help of a maul to break them loose. It might warm up again later this week for a shot at another trailer load. It'll beat being stuck in the house and hibernating all winter. Let's hope the weather liars get it right. I even asked the wife if she needed me to drive her to her Dr. appointment this afternoon just so I wouldn't be parked on my butt all afternoon. Maybe I can get something done in the garage. Play safe out there.

5. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

hi Sty57 - I was thinking about you the other day ... one of my hot rod BB's had the story on the background and such of how the Baldwin Motion Chevrolet up there in Bladwin, NY super high hp Chevelles, Novas and Camaros came to be. I had plenty $20.00 out on edge of town runs... and no shortage of stoplight to stoplight quarter mile runs. many ran hard, but never lost one! that 12.5:1 L88 427 NIC 'vette' BB, 4-speed and 4:88's (slicks on street) made for a heck of a hole shot on dem fords, goats and mopars... and pulled hard. I stayed away from the T-buckets with hot 327's! lol. prob wouldn't fare so well in these times. no, not up against 800hp turbo'd NOS asphault eaters... lol. but, dem was the times, they was all brand new down at the dealers... gasoline was about 20-cents a gallon for most needs. and you could go rent a Cessna 150 with an instructor to go flying for $12.50/hr! and $15,000.00 bought a heck of a nice home...

6. Backyard Lumberjack

hi SWH - thanks. enjoyed its warmth all day yesterday... final bed before heading to bed...
    P6240029.JPG

7. Backyard Lumberjack

no doubt a real tasty treat. one of my favs, too. my HS g/f used to work at the local A&W drive in. set up was similar to how the Sonics build their outlets. typical Big Boy Bob's burger joint... food trays on the side of the car's up/down windows.

zawdi.jpg

8. Backyard Lumberjack

Good Morning... cold, wet and bit dreary here this morning. drizzly rains add to the effect! :nofunny: 58f out currently, 66f a high... even the weather site has rain falling in its display of the data... a warmish low: also 58f they are saying... kinda miss the sun of late. we got a cold week coming up...

just reading the news... :drinkingcoffee:

9. Backyard Lumberjack

yep! a game to forget...

10. Sty57

Sty57 Tree Freak

I'd sure like a time machine and go back to that time.

11. Sty57

Sty57 Tree Freak

Morning everyone!

12. Backyard Lumberjack

nope, you are right there RAY! in that aspect... we are all on the same route. only variable is when do we reach the destination? time does fly by it seems. faster and faster as we age. what I wonder at times is things like I saw on the tv yesterday. CBS Sunday Morning show. Octopus segment. interesting to say the least. and one of the most diverse, unique creatures on the planet as to structure. very intelligent they said at the octopus room at the marine aquarium... but I stumble on how in the heck... both living in the same environment... fish become fish, crabs become crabs... and the octopus is what it is. and... how come both fish and crabs have one brain... and the octopus has 9! ?? :surprised3: one main, and one smaller at thick end of each tentacle... now how in the heck do you get that to evolve?....

sometimes I think I could use 5 brains... lol :laugh:

have a nice day.

13. Backyard Lumberjack

she sure looks content there U&A. here is one of my pups yesterday afternoon. the oldest. he and I are having a discussion [argument] about just what it is he thinks he wants to do, or should I better say it... entitlement! lol ;)

I am reminding him... seniority aside, entitlements or not... he is still a guest! :laugh:

P6230020.JPG

14. Backyard Lumberjack

yes, thanks FS - I remember her... ms Melba. she sure was quite the peach... :yes: I think I still have a pix of her down at the beach. quite a looker!

[ X ]

15. SawTroll

SawTroll Information Collector

Good morning/afternoon/evening all! :drinkingcoffee:

Zero C/+32F by 6:50 pm, mostly clouded.

16. Backyard Lumberjack

hi Leeroy - 'no need to water the garden today' weather down here... hope you get a lot done...

17. Backyard Lumberjack

hi Gm1 - funny u say that, I was just thinking the same thing, too...

18. Backyard Lumberjack

hi RAY - the jury is still out on how good it would be, but they remain optimistic. never got around to grilling it. o_O a busy afternoon fireside, etc. wanted to watch the news, then 60 Mins. and relax some. an early steak dinner is on the agenda today, however... rain or shine! :D no, not a Wagyu. not sure if I will ever taste such. in some pricey NY joints, for example... can make the typical NY City $100 steakhouse steak seem more like a hamburger... I have read up on it some. seems 'the consumer' can buy it. but runs about $45/# or so. as one famous chef was known to have said (on film)... "it's all... in the morning!" so for my way of thinking... Prime at $12-14/# suits my needs just fine... :D

19. U&A

U&A Addicted to ArboristSite

Sounds like a fun day

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

20. Backyard Lumberjack

besides, I hadn't fully opened one of my Christmas presents. my new box with bottle of C. Regal extra in it. thot would be nice to finally unwrap it all the way. pretty tasty stuff... bit bolder scotch taste and a bit smoother... but its like comparing 500 hp to 600 hp, well... imo! besides the warm fireside setting was more appealing at the time to bouncing around cooking, timing, etc... P6230008.JPG P6230021.JPG