ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Stihl working hard

Stihl working hard

Is it Friday yet
our afternoon's fireplace in action yesterday afternoon. with some of the pecan I want to burn up. and a shot of it all sans the glows and ambiance. an internal looksee. that fireplace is over 40 years old. I designed the brick work, walnut mantle and installed it thru a contractor. one for fireplace, one for brick work. no cracks in brick work all these years. great unit.

View attachment 788324
View attachment 788322 View attachment 788323 View attachment 788325

as such, it has the older asbestos based fire brick composition bricks in it. too bad such is not legal any more, etc. they look as good today as the day after the first fire in it. many, many hot fires in it. no deteriation at all! none...
View attachment 788326
Good morning BL great pics there my friend :hi::drinkingcoffee:

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 30° at chores time and cloudy. Starting to clear off a bit, might even see some sun. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds had omelettes with breakfast sausage, kiwi and banana, coffee and juice and toast and Mama wonders why I can't get out of my chair. For that very reason I'm going out to split wood and clean out some ashes from the boiler. Obviously, I didn't get any of that done yesterday so my fat arse is in for a workout today. Play safe out there.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
besides, I hadn't fully opened one of my Christmas presents. my new box with bottle of C. Regal extra in it. thot would be nice to finally unwrap it all the way. pretty tasty stuff... bit bolder scotch taste and a bit smoother... but its like comparing 500 hp to 600 hp, well... imo! besides the warm fireside setting was more appealing at the time to bouncing around cooking, timing, etc... View attachment 788102 View attachment 788103
No Chevas in the house but I did get a couple bottles of Pinch for Christmas. It's about time to open them (at least one) up for some evening taste testing.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Good morning all. 57 and thick fog this morning. It is clear above the fog and the moon is shining. So, there is good light to see the fog and not a whole lot else. Hal
hi Wolf - the thick fog has been a major weather item the past 8 hrs or so here as well... too bad for the lady just south of town last nite. returning home from new job, got bit reversed. in the fog... went thru the intersection ok, accelerated but road ended. then embankment and then... the lake! of course, she drove right into it. under she went!!~ major crisis. 911 all over. cops dropped n lost the hammer they were using to try to get the window busted. she's screaming. divers find the hammer. but she is unconscious as pulled out. still alive. but now in hospital and critical. dr's predicting the future will not be the same for her. brain issues from the water and being out. so sad. and all in but a flash of time. totally unexpected... much less anticipated. as often is posted here in this thread...

'be careful out there!' :yes:

:drinkingcoffee: