ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:. Balmy 33 out today heading for 40 :havingarest:. May get some more splitting done, trying to take these nice weather breaks to get next yrs done, been making good progress. Lots of saws going out for January :dizzy:, they're usually coming in this time of the yr.
Have a great day guys.
hi chipper - Balmy, eh? well... there are 2 definitions for it... one kinda goes like this:

"the balmy days of late summer"

other like this:

:dizzy:

am thinking 33f is just a bit too warm for you today. guess going to 40f makes it only worse? maybe like me down here... some a/c later in the day? well, just wondering... o_O

your saw activities sound exciting... :D

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good morning all, 30° at chores time and cloudy. Starting to clear off a bit, might even see some sun. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds had omelettes with breakfast sausage, kiwi and banana, coffee and juice and toast and Mama wonders why I can't get out of my chair. For that very reason I'm going out to split wood and clean out some ashes from the boiler. Obviously, I didn't get any of that done yesterday so my fat arse is in for a workout today. Play safe out there.
hi dj - thanks. best to follow his advice. :)

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well I missed the morning buck here i am. Slightly warm today in the 60’s but overcast and drizzly all day. Got nice and wet doing grocery shopping and trying to find random stuff for my son to eat or mainly drink. Whew they weren’t lying when they said it’s a challenge. Tried to fight getting meds down last night then my wife said “let’s try the chewable medicine” I looked at her with my best WTH?!? face wondering why she didn’t bust that out to begin with . Anywho we will probably have lots of leftover soda and juice if anyone wants to stop by and visit

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Howdy BL. That is a fine looking steak:sweet:. And yes sir great marbeling:yes:. Not quite Wagyu but much beter than your average store bought steak. Bet it was some fine eating. Take care buddy and hope your Monday goes well.
zrtw.png

hi RAY - well, sometimes things just exceed the sum of their digits. maybe... kinda like a modded saw that just runs better than expected sort of thing. no doubt I had expected a lot out of my NY strip dinner... but omg, I was in for a surprise. it all came together nicely! very nicely. the surprise item was those Brussels. off the chart, imo. so creamy and sweet. so tasty I think even some 'nay-sayers' would be asking for seconds! ;) the asparagus turned out really good with the sugar water soak. but while each tastes dif, could not say one was better than the other. both just so tasty. of course the Prime was a delight, too. QB had grilled pork chop loins. the Hollandaise sauce was a great compliment, too. and the big Portabella mushroom cap was a special side treat. w/butter and garlics. boiled russets chunks, butter, S&P... and some parsley from the garden. one glass of wine in prep stage and another together with the QB at dinner. she was enjoying the event... her usual is a half glass is a bit too much! lol ;)
P6240034.JPG
P6240036.JPG P6240037.JPG P6240038.JPG

great meal and plenty leftovers for a Replay...

Leeroy

Leeroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well I missed the morning buck here i am. Slightly warm today in the 60’s but overcast and drizzly all day. Got nice and wet doing grocery shopping and trying to find random stuff for my son to eat or mainly drink. Whew they weren’t lying when they said it’s a challenge. Tried to fight getting meds down last night then my wife said “let’s try the chewable medicine” I looked at her with my best WTH?!? face wondering why she didn’t bust that out to begin with . Anywho we will probably have lots of leftover soda and juice if anyone wants to stop by and visit
Must be dong well if he's fighting the medicine!
Tonsillitis , right? I remember orange sherbet.

Leeroy

Leeroy

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 788447

hi RAY - well, sometimes things just exceed the sum of their digits. maybe... kinda like a modded saw that just runs better than expected sort of thing. no doubt I had expected a lot out of my NY strip dinner... but omg, I was in for a surprise. it all came together nicely! very nicely. the surprise item was those Brussels. off the chart, imo. so creamy and sweet. so tasty I think even some 'nay-sayers' would be asking for seconds! ;) the asparagus turned out really good with the sugar water soak. but while each tastes dif, could not say one was better than the other. both just so tasty. of course the Prime was a delight, too. QB had grilled pork chop loins. the Hollandaise sauce was a great compliment, too. and the big Portabella mushroom cap was a special side treat. w/butter and garlics. boiled russets chunks, butter, S&P... and some parsley from the garden. one glass of wine in prep stage and another together with the QB at dinner. she was enjoying the event... her usual is a half glass is a bit too much! lol ;)
View attachment 788450
View attachment 788452 View attachment 788453 View attachment 788454

great meal and plenty leftovers for a Replay...
Nice looking spread there BL!:baba:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

hi Lonestar - had to read your opening twice. at first, I had thought you went deer hunting this morning... :rolleyes:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Must be dong well if he's fighting the medicine!Tonsillitis , right? I remember orange sherbet.
hi Leeroy - ice cream good for that. I still have mine. despite some suggestions from Dr's over the years. but I remember my brother getting his out. was 4, maybe 5. and so we went to see him in the hospital. back then for such, it was at least a 3/4 day stay. and I was a bit envious 'cause my mom said he could get all the ice cream he wanted...:nofunny:

funny I can remember such times so long ago... but can't remember where I put my glasses last night! lol, this getting older sure is fun! :rolleyes:

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi Lonestar - had to read your opening twice. at first, I had thought you went deer hunting this morning... :rolleyes:
Yeh sorry I didn’t catch the autocorrect. Typed it in and was back on the run with kids lol. No deer hunting for me right now. Don’t want the Turtle Cops after me hehe

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Nice looking spread there BL!:baba:
hi Leeroy - no doubt in part... by the luck of the draw! lol... the QB and I were just talking about... "well, you have such n such left? and didn't use all the...?" timing was important for me in pulling it together. so the veg's and 'shrooms - smaller amounts cooked. for brevity and timing. didn't want cold NY strip and overdone asparagus...

I have 2 decisions to make later on. do I...

a) replay the same meal. no issues with that idea... lol

b) or, yard eggs, steak and fried spuds... a late brunch

and no issues with that neither! :D

in any event, I know 'nother shroom cap will be in the cards... :p

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Pinch is good stuff! ~ enjoy... sounds like u should be set for awhile at least.
I used to get in at the class 6 store on base when it was $2.50 a bottle, now it's a little north of that number by 10x so as a gift I say thank you to my secret Santa's. Guess I'll have to call my neighbor over for a taste test.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper - Balmy, eh? well... there are 2 definitions for it... one kinda goes like this:

"the balmy days of late summer"

other like this:

:dizzy:

am thinking 33f is just a bit too warm for you today. guess going to 40f makes it only worse? maybe like me down here... some a/c later in the day? well, just wondering... o_O

your saw activities sound exciting... :D
Well when you compare it to average January temps in Michigan I'd call it balmy, bet if I go to the local store there will be plenty of folks in shorts, I'm sure @Sty57 has his on :rock:. It's all about what you're used to, its hoodie weather when I get working and then if I have a hat on (which I almost always do) then I'm pretty moist :baba:, but I don't want to get cold.
Saw stuff just hit a wall for a min, had an international shipment come back because "the item was refused at the inspection in Chicago because it was a dangerous item":crazy2: :nofunny:. This was thru USPC, I may be trying a different carrier, need to talk to my buddy who just moved back from Texas as he specializes in international shipments.
Anyone want to come run the "shipping dept" :laugh:.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Just enjoying the day with the kids! Nice here at 41, even nicer tomorrow supposed to be 50!
I trust you and yours are well!
Sounds like a good day.
Hanging out with my crew here today as well.
37 out now and dropping, but only to just below balmy, you know where sweat starts to freeze lol.

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
Website
plus.google.com
Well when you compare it to average January temps in Michigan I'd call it balmy, bet if I go to the local store there will be plenty of folks in shorts, I'm sure @Sty57 has his on :rock:. It's all about what you're used to, its hoodie weather when I get working and then if I have a hat on (which I almost always do) then I'm pretty moist :baba:, but I don't want to get cold.
Saw stuff just hit a wall for a min, had an international shipment come back because "the item was refused at the inspection in Chicago because it was a dangerous item":crazy2: :nofunny:. This was thru USPC, I may be trying a different carrier, need to talk to my buddy who just moved back from Texas as he specializes in international shipments.
Anyone want to come run the "shipping dept" .
Kinda balmy here too.... Was 33° and raining this afternoon....