ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

deaves61

deaves61

Tree Freak
Well when you compare it to average January temps in Michigan I'd call it balmy, bet if I go to the local store there will be plenty of folks in shorts, I'm sure @Sty57 has his on :rock:. It's all about what you're used to, its hoodie weather when I get working and then if I have a hat on (which I almost always do) then I'm pretty moist :baba:, but I don't want to get cold.
Saw stuff just hit a wall for a min, had an international shipment come back because "the item was refused at the inspection in Chicago because it was a dangerous item":crazy2: :nofunny:. This was thru USPC, I may be trying a different carrier, need to talk to my buddy who just moved back from Texas as he specializes in international shipments.
Anyone want to come run the "shipping dept" .
Chicago is terrible, New York is much better.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Chicago is terrible, New York is much better.
You want to fill out an application sir :lol:.
How are you Del.
Talking to a few guys right now trying to get more info on it. I have a buddy who has a place in western NY, he lives up here and goes out there all the ti.me, may look funny with my address on it though going thru NY. I need to figure out something, I'll be calling my buddy who's with DHL in a few, this is his area of expertise :yes:.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Been a few of them already.
3 sleds went through and only 1 person made it back out. A few weeks ago.
I saw that, not good. We have a largish lake just north of here that most yrs someone goes in, it has a spring on one end that rarely freezes.
I hate hearing that stuff, someone out having a good time and they don't make it home :(.

deaves61

deaves61

Tree Freak
You want to fill out an application sir .
How are you Del.
Talking to a few guys right now trying to get more info on it. I have a buddy who has a place in western NY, he lives up here and goes out there all the ti.me, may look funny with my address on it though going thru NY. I need to figure out something, I'll be calling my buddy who's with DHL in a few, this is his area of expertise :yes:.
Good evening Brett, doing ok this way, sometimes shipping can be a pain.

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
View attachment 788447

hi RAY - well, sometimes things just exceed the sum of their digits. maybe... kinda like a modded saw that just runs better than expected sort of thing. no doubt I had expected a lot out of my NY strip dinner... but omg, I was in for a surprise. it all came together nicely! very nicely. the surprise item was those Brussels. off the chart, imo. so creamy and sweet. so tasty I think even some 'nay-sayers' would be asking for seconds! ;) the asparagus turned out really good with the sugar water soak. but while each tastes dif, could not say one was better than the other. both just so tasty. of course the Prime was a delight, too. QB had grilled pork chop loins. the Hollandaise sauce was a great compliment, too. and the big Portabella mushroom cap was a special side treat. w/butter and garlics. boiled russets chunks, butter, S&P... and some parsley from the garden. one glass of wine in prep stage and another together with the QB at dinner. she was enjoying the event... her usual is a half glass is a bit too much! lol ;)
View attachment 788450
View attachment 788452 View attachment 788453 View attachment 788454

great meal and plenty leftovers for a Replay...
Granddaughter just saw the plate. Says it looks good, but the wine should be soda.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good evening Brett, doing ok this way, sometimes shipping can be a pain.
It can.
I just went and shipped another one, heading just east of you to NC, nice running little 346 with a mm.
It was easy peasy, but she couldn't find anything on the zip in the UK. I'll need to talk to my buddy tomorrow and I'll see what UPS says too.
No risk no reward right :numberone:.
Or we fall but we get back up :buttkick:, as long as your falling forward it's all good right:lol:.
Here's the one I just shipped.
Here's one I'm keeping :D. Same bar and chain and this one went second, both do a great job to me.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
Hi BL,Yep I’m sitting in the ac today.Winter doesn’t stay around here very long :)
hi mh - right you are! well, down these ways. rolled on outside, it was warm n humid. bit later sunny and nicer out as I mowed the lawn. doubt many mowing lawns up north! tv weather not too accurate about clouds vs sun. but ok with me... sunny is preferred. we dint turn on the a/c. got cooler later on

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Well when you compare it to average January temps in Michigan I'd call it balmy, bet if I go to the local store there will be plenty of folks in shorts, I'm sure @Sty57 has his on :rock:. It's all about what you're used to, its hoodie weather when I get working and then if I have a hat on (which I almost always do) then I'm pretty moist :baba:, but I don't want to get cold. .
you reckon he had them on cutting up that 4,000' chipper? :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Been a few of them already. 3 sleds went through and only 1 person made it back out. A few weeks ago.
bad news! that truck looks like in bad situation. going in is bad, specially under ice. on news tonite they reported the lady that drove her car into residential lake... didn't make it!

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
Website
plus.google.com
bad news! that truck looks like in bad situation. going in is bad, specially under ice. on news tonite they reported the lady that drove her car into residential lake... didn't make it!
The ice is really bad around here this year.
With all the snow, rain and warm weather. It has made it very unpredictable.