• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
the other evening, I ended up tinkering with a couple of 'glue it' projects. JB. over at my FORD repair center... fix or repair (something) daily... lol.

a long forgotten lil screwdriver kit w/magnifying glass long lost and forgotten... risen-ed back up and it was handed to me. hmm, toy, trinket or? kinda small! as in very small. didn't even know it was a magnifying glass. thot it was a cheap handle. lol. so of course somewhere's in its time the wrong end got inserted to mag's handle... and popped the thin plastic. and dare I admit... I did it, too. 'pop!' went a little piece. now 1/3 of round plastic end missing. barely even hold on to screwdriver which as it slips on make a handle for the mag. so I thot i'd glue it up. just about impossible to get it to go in place with the JB. by mistake I got my Qwick. which turned out to be ok. :) short working time. sets fast. but fragile to say the least. precariously fragile with artery cracks in the plastic. what I needed was a miracle. :yes: a true miracle. little else would work, imo. at this point whole thing just a bit shy of worthless! as I wanted it all as a system. screwdriver, mag, and its packet with flap which was torn on a side, too. then I remembered I had a clear plastic ball point pen that was missing the pen! lol ;) but would it work? so I let the glue sit all nite. and then cut and fit a piece off the ball point's cap... and home run! :)

Image result for Image Home Run

with repairs to the packet... and the ball point cap's section now rendering the fragile repair to the mag handle as just short of 'bulletproof!'... I could now use it effectively. I have another real small screwdriver. this is even smaller. and speaking of smaller, seems the print on many labels, cans etc... too small to read! or worse yet, smaller, too! much less get the gist of what they r saying. so now the mag fits its handle nicely. the packet works great again... and small enuff to tuck in a corner of my 'go-ready' tool kit. :)
PB020001.JPG
PB020002.JPG PB020003.JPG PB020004.JPG PB020005.JPG
PB020006.JPG PB020007.JPG PB020008.JPG Image result for Image JB Weld Quick

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

could be better if they had ran the Indy 500! :popcorn2: Image result for Image Indy 500 Cars racing
but the weekend's :barbecue:grilling n cooking could not have been better! no, sir! top shelf all the way... :numberone:

soon I had a bunch of small chunks of mesquite cookin' wood for grilling...and some chips for smoke...
PB020004.JPG
PB020003.JPG PB020005.JPG

and the fresh Kemah shrimp and scallops arrived right on time, too.
PB020002.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

shrimp 'right off the boat' is THE BEST! it's fresh, 'catch of the day'... and has no preservatives on it. the shrimp u buy at a store tastes different due to the preservatives used. the scallops were 'melt in your mouth' awesome. these come from further out in the Gulf... cleaner waters out there... and this supplier only sells to Houston's best chef's and restaurants. you have to be on the list! ;) unless... :) they sell for $8.00/ea. no discounts. unless... ;) they were a cut above, for sure... actually were sweet. and like a roasted marshmello... except it was seafood. that is the texture.
PB020012.JPG PB020013.JPG

NIP Group
Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

I made an oak fire in Mr Brutus, those hot oak coals went into my cooking fire pit and then the mesquite chunks on that. soon grill was searing hot! had to tuck it in a corner in backyard... plenty of winds to fight with! :nofunny: but managed. the mesquite coals so hot I cooked the steaks more so to a cooler edge... turned out great!

Attachments

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

and I did the chicken and pork on the gas grill. and the scallops on a steel fajita plate. slow cooked in an olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon, and lemon grass mix. bit of cilantro, too. (rosemary and lemon grass garden fresh) the pork rounds just there to get off hot section of grill. everyone had a swell meal. and plenty of beer, scotch and red n white wine... sides were: avocado/garden fresh tomato salad, baked spud... and buttered fresh asparagus, too! :)
PB020016.JPG PB020017.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

and for desert I had made up some strawberry sauce for strawberry sundaes. but I didn't have any vanilla ice cream, so that is why I had to go to grocery... vanilla cookie, included... something like this! :yes: with some strawberry jam down in bottom of tumbler... drillin' down it got sweet, sweeter, then... sweetest!
See the source image

...the desert went over real big, too! ;)

all in all it was a :cheers: grand time! ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

hope you all have a swell Memorial Day Weekend, too...

many stories to commemorate those who gave their all... one I liked a lot is the guy who plays taps nightly in his neighborhood for all the fallen veterans... and his whole neighborhood comes out, stands at attention... as he plays Taps... every night!

another I liked, too...

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
Been smoking busy here last few days, but lots getting done, lots of work with the Kubota!
Yesterday was reclaiming a field, cut like 50 smaller trees down, moved an old tractor(was everything the little bota could handle :surprised3:) and more grading. I think I may need to take my once a month covid shower today:laughing:.
Hot and humid here the last couple days, but the redneck A/C is doing it duty. Floor drying fan blowing air up from the basement has it 69 in the house right now :rock:, got up to 82 here yesterday :baba:. 67 now heading to 83, down right tropical:havingarest:.They have been calling for rain, seems no-one has answered :laugh:, supposed to be mostly sunny today, but it's 100% overcast right now.

Thanks to all those who fought for our freedoms, in these days its very clear just what they were fighting for!
Have a great day, and enjoy what's been paid for by the blood of others.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
thanks for the vids, chipper! about masks - - I do know this to be a fact. I do not like them! and going to the Dr's office the other day, I had to wear one. Rules! no exceptions. no mask, no Dr. routine visit... but insurance requires it! I had one on for about 30 mins. no fun! and as I ck'd out I said to crew at desk... all wearing masks, mine still on...'you have my heartfelt condolences having to wear these all day long!' all were shaking heads up n down in agreement... one said, "if u only knew..."

personally, I don't think social distancing can hurt. its just that it is a bit... unsocial! ;)

hope you have a nice weekend...
I'm with you on not liking them :baba:.
I do however wear one on a normal basis, not because of the virus, but because of dust when mowing/allergies.
Yesterday when I was buying some sodas an older woman comes in and says "whoops forgot to put on my mask", I said I'm not worried about it, she says "I am", and then proceeds to buy a few packs of cigarettes :dizzy:.
I like this one, why is there a need to wear a mask when everyone is so separated ;).
nice yard clean up, too...
I stayed out of the front yard and barely marked up the side yard :).

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
hi Broken - I posted a pix of my lawn other day. next day looked a bit ragged. with the fertz and these rains... now looks almost like I haven't cut it since... last spring! lol ;) omg, dark green, tall and no shortage. if it was asparagus... I would be on my way to the auction... :rolleyes:

have a good one.
Terry here Todd , yep strange spring up North , snow just did not want to leave . However this last week with the warm weather mother nature is certainly catching up ! ;)

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Happy Memorial Day folks ! Finished the Privacy fence , however did not stain it since the slippervisor (wifey) felt is might rain . Instead threw a couple of black angus burgers on the grill along with a fresh chef salad . Party cloudy today with a high of 70 f. Enjoy your long weekend , be safe ! :drinkingcoffee: