• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning, NEED A 90cc saw, what has need to do with it?? Lol I went over close to Urbana to get a used up 661 to have a stroker built (98.6 cc IIRC) just want to have one to play with cause the ported 661 does all required.
Speaking of which, anybody know a builder with Bridgeport to machine crankcase for a 660 crank?? Who's willing to make that saw for me? I should have enough fund's and the 660 crank:chainsaw: like a new toy ya know.
Well when you have a bunch of ported 70cc saws(couple are ported 79cc) and normal don't cut anything over 28", they more than take care of business:chainsaw:.
I was just up at Kevin's GTG hanging with redfin, I was watching intently as they stripped a 500i down and turned the base after cutting the squish band. I also had an opportunity to run dals 500i that Kevin ported, it felt way lighter than a 661 and it was a very strong runner.
I thought Jon was going to do the conversion for you.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
>So I call the dealer and he happened to have two in stock :clap: , and they were only like $14. Buy the time I left I had spent 140

did u buy 10 gaskets? :popcorn2:
No, hoping I can get it right with one lol.
that's not a laffing matter! can be easy to do. I have had a close call or two. when I fill up and get ready to leave the gas station.. I ponder being ready for take-off... and ask... the pump, chk side mirrow... the pump? and it is not in still attached! right? right!! ~

not good!
View attachment 855570
I like to get a receipt at the pump, I suppose it could help someone forgetful remember to remove the hose too :innocent:.
30's! wow :cold:

good luck with the mower's oil leak, chipper. I am rooting for you! :happybanana:just be sure you don't install the part to the pad with gasket... then tighten one corner down to spec... then do the others in sequence... :cool:

lol, :laugh: sorry chipper! j/king... :)

:givebeer:

I am anticipating a :numberone: report! if in doubt, do it like V did... ;)

Image result for image no oil leaks
Got a little distracted, went and bought another splitter :happy:. They haven't been coming up on Craigslist as often this yr so I figured id better jump on it, they also had a tractor they were considering selling, but it seems they will be keeping it at least for the time being. I did try however as it had a backhoe and a rototiller, it was the same size as mine in a newer version(2015) with a 33hp(guessing) engine, it is a 3301. Tomorrow's a new day, for q new deal :).

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well when you have a bunch of ported 70cc saws(couple are ported 79cc) and normal don't cut anything over 28", they more than take care of business:chainsaw:.
I was just up at Kevin's GTG hanging with redfin, I was watching intently as they stripped a 500i down and turned the base after cutting the squish band. I also had an opportunity to run dals 500i that Kevin ported, it felt way lighter than a 661 and it was a very strong runner.
I thought Jon was going to do the conversion for you.
I'm a motor head and tried to keep a conversation going. He did state that many expressed interest in having one built. Don't know if his new shed is finished with work shop, which is another aspect.
A built 500i is also of interest to me just cause it sounds nice for play.
Just kidding about the difference in our perspectives

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
I'm a motor head and tried to keep a conversation going. He did state that many expressed interest in having one built. Don't know if his new shed is finished with work shop, which is another aspect.
A built 500i is also of interest to me just cause it sounds nice for play.
Just kidding about the difference in our perspectives
Well I guess when you're ready to get it built you'll need to see if he's ready to build one :).
No need for an apology. I knew what you were saying and I understand that perspective too, probably no need for a guy to have 15-20 70cc saws any more than having one or two that are 90cc's :innocent: .
Have a great night Tony.

stihl023/5

stihl023/5

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning everyone. It's 56 and misting here with sun and clouds and a high of 61 in the forecast.

I got a new phone yesterday and just added tap a talk. I hope that this works.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Now you need to remove the signature lol

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well I guess when you're ready to get it built you'll need to see if he's ready to build one :).
No need for an apology. I knew what you were saying and I understand that perspective too, probably no need for a guy to have 15-20 70cc saws any more than having one or two that are 90cc's :innocent: .
Have a great night Tony.
Thanks , slept well so don't know how the night went lol.
I've got a couple lil ones 017 &170 and couple mediums 046 & 460 then the medium large 661. None over 100 cc tho since they haven't shown up at auction yet. And to the best of my knowledge the 5-6 foot diameter stump (20' tall guessed) still awaits attention which wood be troubling for the 70 cc saws. Especially milling slabs:chainsaw:. When this carona crap is off the news may be the time to make that trip to fell that 28,500# ,guestimate, standing log.
Enjoy safely y'all