• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Good Morning check in

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 62° and rain today. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is still available for those that stop by. :drinkingcoffee: Spent the morning and part of the afternoon yesterday installing an exterior door and a screen door for a friend. Made a couple of bucks in the process. I also put the heaviest log to date on my milling table. Just to be safe I put a couple of extra braces under the ramps and was able to winch it up almost all the way but needed the tractor for some extra push at the end to get it onto the flat of the table. Looks like I'll need my high heel sneakers to make that first cut. It's up there. Now I just need to figure out what I want to cut out it. That's what rainy days are for, thinking. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

" ~ No wood, No fire! ~ "
My grandpa used to do lambs and pigs on a spit, just above the charcoal. The animals were slaughtered that day and were always small (around 30 pounds or so). Mighty good eating.
sure sounds tasty ray! I have had fresh slaughtered pork... tastier than from grocery. i'll take lamb any way! lol

Image result for image lamb over coals

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Howdy Bobby. So sorry to here about Pats passing. I remember many posts here were you mentioned him. Prayers coming to you and his family from Texas my friend. It's tough losing a good friend, their not easy to come by. I know you were born at Herman hospital in Houston in 50. I was born at St. Joseph's just down the street in 55. Take care fellow Texan and let the Good Lord help you through this tough time my friend.
on first glance, sounds a bit like this morning's weather report... all in the 50's! lol ;)

you guys have a nice day! :)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good morning friends :drinkingcoffee:.
65 now heading to 73 :clap:.
Rain supposed to be coming tonight, hoping to get the leaves blown off the yard, there are quite a few.
I didn't get any wood loaded yesterday, the guy came to get the civics and it was quite the show :popcorn2:. He had a problem with the front axle on his trailer so he only had one axle on it, loaded one on and then he had a chic in the second one towing it with a chain behind the trailer :dumb:. When he pulled it forward the back tires were locked up and he tore up the grass, which is exactly what I said I didn't want happening and it would if he did it the way he did :nofunny:. Oh well the grass will grow back after I fix it. Then he said he was coming for the third one, when he told me earlier he wasn't, I should have said no, but I wanted it out of here. So I bust it out and "skid" it out of the woods because the tires are all locked up, good thing I have a skidding winch lol. Anyway after rushing off to a buddies wedding and being late, we get home and the car is still in the drive :(.
Have a great day guys.
View attachment 857895
hi chipper - not an every day pix!... but then not everyone has 3 civics out behind the shed...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

Good afternoon guys. Heading out in a bit to hit the yard before the front comes, looks like it's gonna make it here around 8, may be able to get some wood done too. Hope you all are doing well.
front rolled in here Monday morning. rains forecast with it. no rains. winds, too. some winds...