ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
How many cutters did you wipe out Mark, nice wood you have there buddy

Thanks, Todd

I counted 8 after a thorough inspection. I just don't mess with them if they've had too much metal damaged.
I bought those Stihl chains at a dealer going out of business sale 10 years ago, about $200 worth of various lengths & gauges.

In the past if I have damaged a chain my arborist friend will usually give me a new chain, but he doesn't run a 24-25 on anything.
He did give me Three 18" 3/8 LP chains in the spring that I haven't used yet.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 45° and sunny. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is still hot and flowing. Finally finished cleaning up the log I started this week. Made a couple of 1 x's, a couple of 2 x's, a couple of 6 x's, all at 12ft length and a few smaller pieces. And I even cleaned up the scraps and stuffed the boiler with them. Another night of free heat. Today we clean the car and make preparations for our annual liquor run to New Hampshire. Wifey makes chocolate chip cookies, with and without nuts, for the travelers. Texas Longhorn for lunch while we're there and then the trip back over the Green mountains. It's normally a nice day for a ride with a view. This week we had an unexpected visitor to our yard, a young bull moose stopped by our bird feeder. It's a blurry 2:45 am picture as he walked past but clearly a bull moose.
WGI_0845.JPG
One of our neighbors says they have seen the whole family, Papa, Mama and junior. Looks like we have junior here. And then we have the camera hog.
WGI_0715.JPG
She was visiting a little earlier this week with her crew. Obviously it's a jungle out there. Play safe out there.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Morning' all. 12ºC and breezy today. Good day to disassemble the firewood racks we had near the house. We'd stack the wood in, 8 cord, and then pull it out to bring into the garage attached to the house. Now that we stack/crate firewood right off the processor, last winter I just moved crates into the garage as needed. Less stacking is always a good thing. 20201010_092435-firewood-bins-tear-down.jpg 20200311_163632-firewood-crates.jpg

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Unfortunately Iam worried about next year as well unfortunately
History has shown that "herd immunity " slows and brings to a near stop these viruses. I'm part of the immunity crew from swine flu about a decade ago. It is still around, but not spreading due to the 60,000,000 of us surviving folks who had it and have immunity. That causes me to have less concerns than the news propagate for reasons all there own.
Set a new record @ auction 2 separate attended before noon. Spent less than $30 on 4 items lol

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning crew. 55*/clear. Happy World Porridge day. Super busy day yesterday with 5 bins of wood going out. Headin out at first light to haul some more home before the rain gets here Sunday. Gotta squeeze a beer run in sometime.:yes: Taking the neighbors kids out to the pumpkin patch later to get their Jack-o- Lanterns. Have a great day all. FS.

as a youth living in the UK... had it often. not bad at all for a breakfast, imo. porridge, butter, some warm milk... and sugar. we had a brown type my Dad would get. almost 64thx32nd or so... spoonful on top... then the lil chunks would melt... and spread out. I always ate all of my porridge. :yes:

good stuff on a cold morning and not bad at all, imo...
Image result for image bowl of porridge with brown sugar on top