ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 42° and rain. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and it's cookie and coffee time. I need my nourishment while I type. Today is eye Dr. visit for Wifey, haircut for me and D.i.c.k.'s sporting goods for muzzleloader sabots. I ran out while sighting in my scope that got knocked around last year. Last 4 shots were within the 9 ring at 75 yds. so we're good to go. I also finally used up all the old gunpowder pellets. Some of them just went "poof" not bang. Glad they're gone. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
It's actually a damned river. There's a gov run fish hatchery about 12 km further north downstream. Its quite low this year. We had almost no rain this summer. So far as I know, its the first time ever there's enough beach that you can drive a quad all around.

no doubt a nice setting! home on a hill... overlooking the big river, appears to be in flood-proof location... big splitting lot and don't appear to be too many close neighbors... think you got it made wcc! :)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
74/86. bit cooler today. never got outside yesterday. an unexpected urgency inside. oh well, now its in better shape. and the tile floors in kitchen and den got a good cleaning and washed, too. I like a clean floor! :) 1602601104069.png so they say. bit hazy. wind 3, windmill trying.

got some limas earlier when planted, and zillion flowers. then hardly any set. now plants producing some nice fruit! almost pulled them... some of the lima's picked other day. they were on the side of a venison dinner same day picked!
P3220063.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - off to get a flu shot. rake pine needles. yesterday cooked venison dinner with fresh picked lima beans. deer round steak! cilantro, sliced toms, green onion and radish slices also. what a treat! :cool:have a nice day!

got that Senior Dose flu shot. gotta be over 65 to get it. :rolleyes: took over an hour to find a pharmacy in America's 4th largest city... that had it! most still waiting on it. reportedly, helps stave off any pandemic onset issues... flue related! the package had two steaks in it. cooked up 2nd one last nite. dinner here the first cooking. I started with the limas... :)
P3220066.JPG
P3210051.JPG P3210052.JPG P3220064.JPG P3220065.JPG

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good afternoon guys.
Very nice out here today :havingarest:.
Woke to 41 and it's now 65 and they are saying a high of 67 still, I don't see that happening though as the temp seems to be dropping now.
Had some big raindrops fall when I was almost done cleaning up all the leaves, pictures at 5, oh wait it is 5 lol.
I had some help doing them today as the boy wanted to drive the John Deere I picked up, he was very excited to use the lawn sweeper which I listed yesterday. He made it around once and then thru the middle when I told him to bring it over for a guy to look at it, he was bummed when he took it with him, sold :lol:.
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.11.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.12.09 PM.png
I did the back yard with it and it does a real nice job.
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.12.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.13.04 PM.png

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
good morning/evening
67 headed to 61 raining, will clear later
heard that my wife's cancer has progressed a bit so that just adds to the headache/heartache with the house
have a grateful,safe day/night
View attachment 861117

Blue spruce?

This tree is 40-50 + ft tall by my questimation.
My neighbor hired a guy to take it down for $300: He'll climb it, no machinery, remove the debris, no stump grinding.
It has a few cracks in the trunk starting at the base & going up about 7 feet

The guy must not like $
Looks to be a Norway spruce, but we'll need @SawTroll to confirm :).
I wouldn't do it for that unless it was a straight drop and I could squeeze it in whenever I wanted.
But if you have a couple hrs and the equipment/guys and it's in route on a short day...

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
G'mornin' folks. 1ºC this morning. Good day to unload the kiln and provide some much needed fuel for a customer.
View attachment 861155

Meanwhile, I am finding these on the ground. CAT257B2 2008 4700hrs. New tracks coming this week. Might have to inspect the wheels while I'm at it.

View attachment 861156
Do you usually replace them as a set?
Hope she doesn't spit anything out the side :crazy2:.