ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good afternoon guys.
Very nice out here today :havingarest:.
Woke to 41 and it's now 65 and they are saying a high of 67 still, I don't see that happening though as the temp seems to be dropping now.
Had some big raindrops fall when I was almost done cleaning up all the leaves, pictures at 5, oh wait it is 5 lol.
I had some help doing them today as the boy wanted to drive the John Deere I picked up, he was very excited to use the lawn sweeper which I listed yesterday. He made it around once and then thru the middle when I told him to bring it over for a guy to look at it, he was bummed when he took it with him, sold :lol:.
View attachment 861233 View attachment 861234
I did the back yard with it and it does a real nice job.
View attachment 861235 View attachment 861236

:numberone: pictures! its always about the light, subject aside... looks like u caught it just right! ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning. 50*/clear/70's later. :happybanana: Happy Chocolate-Covered Insect day. What else? on National Dessert day.:laughing: Relocating bugs on the cole crops this morning. Maybe work on wood later. Have a great day guys. FS.

pass! :popcorn2: but I do like chocolate covered spoons... when they are covered in Dutch Chocolate ice cream. bugs me... when I run out! lol
P3210062.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - 70/89. nice weather next week or so. some light rains maybe as next cool front rolls on in. 1602684496495.png all day today! light winds, windmill waiting. no rains.

got in a great scrounge last nite. just after my evening bike ride. pushing 1/2 cord is my guess. neighbor 10 houses down had in a tree crew... trim and clean, top, too... his oaks. some pecan. (cooking wood) by days end the crew had one trailer filled and got ready to leave with the whole yard still loaded with downed and cut oak limbs. fireplace size, etc... just load, cut to length, no splitting! I had to get it at night. stay out of their hair during the day. and it would all be gone today. so I went for it bit this side of midnight. now just to cut it up. I din't feel right about just two, so got one more. could have scrounged 3-4 more wheelbarrows full easily. but 3 sounded about right. besides, I have a load of oak chunks to split this weekend.

have a nice day...

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
4552ced295a7f1640c89bdb13824cebf.jpg

78/57, last warm day for at least 15 days out

Round two of window washing at the Ranch today

We were told that tires need to have studs during the winter months; just plain old snow tires ain't gonna work .
I suppose getting a set of snow tires with studs would be the way to go or maybe some contraception that wraps spikes
around the tire.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 861366

We were told that tires need to have studs during the winter months; just plain old snow tires ain't gonna work .
I suppose getting a set of snow tires with studs would be the way to go or maybe some contraception that wraps spikes
around the tire.
Studded tires work well if you're not doing a whole lot of driving on bare pavement. If you are on bare pavement mostly, the studs will wear down quickly. Just use chains to get you out of the slippery spots.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 861366

around the tire.
You gotta be sure correct side is out on them wrap ons!
G'day gents

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good afternoon everyone.
We're at 57 here now and suppose to hit 66, not sure that will happen, much like yesterday, but the clouds/overcast could clear out and warm up for a quick bit yet. Overall the temps are cooling and they are calling for 30s Fri morning.
Lots of running around already pictures of the crews adventure at 5, I'll just say it's whatever floats your boat lol.
Hope your all having a nice hump day.

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good evening guy's
A friend made me some targets I don't think she had this in mind. IMG_20201014_132751.jpg
My day off shot some IMG_20201014_143451.jpg CZ75 SA 9mm center target
I shot it better than the little smith .22
At 55ft
Fixed a 288 in built a few years ago
New fuel system and a carb kit
He threw away a tillotson
For a amazon carb.
He's getting it back. IMG_20201014_141808.jpg i cut a dead tree off the neighbors fence IMG_20201014_181118.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_181117.jpg
    IMG_20201014_181117.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 2
Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
got that Senior Dose flu shot. gotta be over 65 to get it. :rolleyes: took over an hour to find a pharmacy in America's 4th largest city... that had it! most still waiting on it. reportedly, helps stave off any pandemic onset issues... flue related! the package had two steaks in it. cooked up 2nd one last nite. dinner here the first cooking. I started with the limas... :)
View attachment 861164
View attachment 861165 View attachment 861175 View attachment 861166 View attachment 861167
Lima beans my favorite ! :blob2:

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
View attachment 861366

around the tire.
put my snow tires on yesterday before our excursion freezing rain back home , but nice and warm and sunny here T.O. Had supper at the Keg with my Wifey and my Sister bl and my Nieces . Kings cut 24 oz Prime Rib medium rare with fried gnocchi medley and salad , " I surrender " lol. Anyhow heading to Cosco , Royal Distributing and Process Auto tomorrow early then 3.5 hr drive home , catch yeah all on the flip side adios ! P.S. awesome cabin scene SF ! :happy: