ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

buttercup

buttercup

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a constant urge to quit internet, not because of you all splendid people but because I make such a fool outta myself.

Anyway, a respectable man showed up with a bunch of garden tools to sharpen a couple of days ago and urged to get it done quick.
Well yesterday early morning while trying to straighten a rose scissirs blade (the thick bottom catch blade) it broke and I got the freshly sharpened cutting blade about 1" into my hand cutting the string to my thumb. Operation on next wednsday, looking forewards to two moths of gipsum and training the thumb to get it working again.
My right hand thumb - the most important finger for a tool worker. I slashed my right hand pinky finger when I was young and it's become a permanent non-functioning hook ever since, I hope they do a better job with my thumb.
I've got potent pain killers and Jeagermeister, no pain and the weather is pristine - cold but calm with a blue sky and sun.

Over and out.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
LOL...JUST CAME BACK FROM NEUROSURGEON APT. OVER IN WAREHAM. HIS RECOMMENDATIOM IS NO SURGERY AT THIS TIME. LATEST MRI SHOWS 3 DISCS DEGENERATED. OLD MRIS SHOWED THEY WERE OBLITERATED. WHO DOES ONE BELIEVE?
ALL O KNOW IS I CUT UP 10 CORDS OF LOGS OVER IN CARVER THIS MORNING FOR OLD COLONY FIREWOOD. THE 79 MAKITA AND THE PORTED 268 WERE RUNNING GREAT. MORE ORDERS FOR FIREWOOD THAN WE CAN KEEP TRACK OF!
DAMN THE TORPEDOS...FULL SPEED AHEAD.
MAYBE GET A PORTED CHINEE HUSKY OFF CZ! BUT NIKO WONT LIKE THAT. SAW A 660 ON EBAY FOR $495. EURO JET AND MM SAW IS GREAT.
STAY LOOSE. COOLER WEATHER SETTING IN. PROBLY AFTER THIS NEXT RAIN. ALOHA...
Must be mri season . Just got back from Neurosurgeon appt. with the wife . She has C-3 & C-4. disc space narrowing from a occupational neck injury , which is being further aggregated by the aging process lol. Prognosis to wait a few yrs and maintain physio and muscle relaxants . She just finished both hip replacements in the last 3 yrs . No fun getting old , had both my hips done 10 yrs ago , steady as we go !
I have a constant urge to quit internet, not because of you all splendid people but because I make such a fool outta myself.

Anyway, a respectable man showed up with a bunch of garden tools to sharpen a couple of days ago and urged to get it done quick.
Well yesterday early morning while trying to straighten a rose scissirs blade (the thick bottom catch blade) it broke and I got the freshly sharpened cutting blade about 1" into my hand cutting the string to my thumb. Operation on next wednsday, looking forewards to two moths of gipsum and training the thumb to get it working again.
My right hand thumb - the most important finger for a tool worker. I slashed my right hand pinky finger when I was young and it's become a permanent non-functioning hook ever since, I hope they do a better job with my thumb.
I've got potent pain killers and Jeagermeister, no pain and the weather is pristine - cold but calm with a blue sky and sun.

Over and out.
Ouch , speedy recovery bud ! My oldest Son is a builder , during his apprenticeship he cut the back of his right hand to the tendons with a masonry grinder . Same scenario , he today in his 40,s still does everything however , cold weather bothers his hand . He got off lucky could have been much worse .

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
LOL...JUST CAME BACK FROM NEUROSURGEON APT. OVER IN WAREHAM. HIS RECOMMENDATIOM IS NO SURGERY AT THIS TIME. LATEST MRI SHOWS 3 DISCS DEGENERATED. OLD MRIS SHOWED THEY WERE OBLITERATED. WHO DOES ONE BELIEVE?
ALL O KNOW IS I CUT UP 10 CORDS OF LOGS OVER IN CARVER THIS MORNING FOR OLD COLONY FIREWOOD. THE 79 MAKITA AND THE PORTED 268 WERE RUNNING GREAT. MORE ORDERS FOR FIREWOOD THAN WE CAN KEEP TRACK OF! DAMN THE TORPEDOS...FULL SPEED AHEAD. MAYBE GET A PORTED CHINEE HUSKY OFF CZ! BUT NIKO WONT LIKE THAT. SAW A 660 ON EBAY FOR $495. EURO JET AND MM SAW IS GREAT. STAY LOOSE. COOLER WEATHER SETTING IN. PROBLY AFTER THIS NEXT RAIN. ALOHA...

hi cheeves ~ sounds like u were running great, too! 10 cords, huh? hey - not bad for a bum spine! lol....

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good Friday morning. 56*/PreDICKters say showers. Happy National Liqueur day. Hauling wood if the showers hold off. Have a great day men. FS.

you are over 50! maybe more! ;) if u can remember flying the airlines, ordering a drink... and they brought you a glass, ice, napkin, stirrer... and a lil bottle of liqueur!

........"coffee, tea... or me, sir?"
Image result for image airlines small liqueur drink bottles

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
10 and raining. Not sure about work today, we'll see. Tea. Good Morning Everyone! :cool:

hi Gm! ~ same here! bit warmer than 10C but not much! under 60f. just rainy enuff here to water lawn and do garden, but bit more than I want to or care to get out in. just yet. maybe later. forecast today is 1602862751023.png

1) cloudy - now
2) rainy - now
3)sunny - hoping!

well, have a nice day whatever u decide to do...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Truck said 28 this morning Brett. Guess winter is comming. Maybe we will get lucky and have snow on halloween again.

[repost] as a kid, I remember the day we went snow skiing at Crystal Mountain, WA... it was Halloween... and the lift ticket was stamped: BOO

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
What's up bud :drinkingcoffee:. Yep, chilly here too, but we are ready. Hot fire burning and still have two window units in just in case lol. Have a great day.

window units, hot fire burning - just in case.... window unit heaters?
58f here, set a/c one degree cooler last nite... yesterday was 93f... house now 74f and a/c hasn't been on for hours... lol :)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! Heavy frost this morning , no snow . High to day 43 f Partly cloudy . Some running around to pick up some auto parts for the Wifeys car , brake job time before the snow really gets serious . Have a great day ! :drinkingcoffee:

yikes, heavy frost, indeed! ~
Image result for Morning Frost

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning... to set up to split some oak chunks. I am in the mood, but with cold rainy Seattle-like conditions... lacking the motivation! lol :drinkingcoffee:

58f here, 60's all day! currently, rains have stopped, wet n dreary out... windmill looking forlorn! got front yard raked up of pine needles, etc. decided to rake then and clean up lawn some, then only cutting grass. :yes: filled 4 tubs for the pine needle lady... need 4 more. went for a mid evening bike ride around 8 pm... and got a surprise! :surprised3: someone had gotten their 4 tubs and filled them to overflowing... omg!

QB :heart:

:)

sometimes, I get so many pine needles, I swear I could make round bales out of them...
Image result for image yard bin full of pine needles

well, the morning is slipping away! as I been sipping away. :drinkingcoffee: best bundle up and get something done! even if its the wrong thing to do! lol :laugh: I got a couple ideas. staying warm is on my agenda today! maybe :givebeer: later on, too! ~

good day for a lumberjack's breakfast... well, brunch!

have a good day...

'over n out!'

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Anyway, a respectable man showed up with a bunch of garden tools to sharpen a couple of days ago and urged to get it done quick. Well yesterday early morning while trying to straighten a rose scissirs blade (the thick bottom catch blade) it broke and I got the freshly sharpened cutting blade about 1" into my hand cutting the string to my thumb. Operation on next wednsday, looking forewards to two moths of gipsum and training the thumb to get it working again. My right hand thumb - the most important finger for a tool worker. I slashed my right hand pinky finger when I was young and it's become a permanent non-functioning hook ever since, I hope they do a better job with my thumb. I've got potent pain killers and Jeagermeister, no pain and the weather is pristine - cold but calm with a blue sky and sun. Over and out.

"ouch!" :surprised3: that's right up there in the Not Good At All! dept... hope u get your thumb's dexterity and motion back fully...

it broke and I got the freshly sharpened cutting blade about 1" into my hand cutting the string to my thumb.
:(

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
window units, hot fire burning - just in case.... window unit heaters?
58f here, set a/c one degree cooler last nite... yesterday was 93f... house now 74f and a/c hasn't been on for hours... lol :)

He means window AC. Just incase

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
What's up bud :drinkingcoffee:.
Yep, chilly here too, but we are ready.
Hot fire burning and still have two window units in just in case lol.
I'll be down your way Sunday, heading down to buy another trailer, they've been coming and going pretty fast. I tried to call you the other day when I was down there, needed to borrow a 1 7/8 ball setup because the guy said the trailer I was buying was a 2". Ended up running up to Uhaul and buying one, 35 bucks :rolleyes:, I probably have 5 in the basement.
The guy also had a ham radio tower/antenna in his storage unit he may be selling too. I kept his number as I thought you may be interested.
Have a great day.

I didn’t even notice a missed call. Sorry man.

I think i know exactly were a loose 1-7/8 is sitting too

You been selling trailers? Did I understand that right?

He has an antenna eh? Shoot me his number when you get a chance. No hurry. Super busy at work doing 7 days the past 5 weeks so my free time is spent with the boy right now. Did get 2 days off in there though.

Hope all is well with you and the family Brett.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good afternoon all, 45° at chores time and rain, still raining now and will be most of the day. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is gone. Had a hard time finding the muzzleloader sabots and bullets I wanted but finally found a little out of the way gun shop and bought the last box they had. I should be good for 3 deer before I need a new box. More sighting in than shooting deer. Fixed another 1/8" finger joint jig to go with the 1/4" jig. Next I'll try my hand at making a nice box for my chisels. I have some thin Oak boards that should work nicely. Just have to find the time in between milling and hunting and making Wifey happy. Always big jobs ahead of me. Play safe out there.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
He means window AC. Just incase

Our window unit had a heat thing there 50 some years ago.
Lil auction this morn. 35 minutes prior to scheduled start there were twice as many auctioneer people as bidders :laughing: less than 30 bidders and not much money needed from winning bidder in less than 3 hours. The one I got my 066 went from 8 am til around 8 pm with 2 rings for a bit. Guess they vary bit.
Play safe this weekend