ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
hello - pine needle lady's dad stopped by last nite in his sbc 400 powered '48 Chevy truck around 11:30 pm... and as we talked subject of rain came up. 'supposed to rain soon...' etc. woke up early this morning to quite a downpour. ok, with me... needed to do some watering, but not now. :) 78/84. maybe some more rains later on. 1603115950540.png and light winds. windmill waiting. light winds yesterday were quite strong at times. yesterday was busy day, cleared a fence line and formalized an idea (project!) I had for a hot coals outdoor cooking center. grilling. all out of scrounged items. quite HD! well, one item I had to pay for. $15.00. they wanted $25! :cool: lol. but well worth it, imo. it has a cool history ~ thinking I will use it as a mesquite grill center. got 4 acs of the stuff!! grills, BBQ's, workbenches, tools, saws and a cold :givebeer:! can a man have too many? lol. :drinking:put a cover on it last nite and that was a good idea. 1603116130558.png and the project cleaned up a bit overlooked area of my patio. a bit Leggo in construction, thot about washing the bricks down today, but wont have to do that now! summer like all week here, and morning temps to be in the 40's come closer to Halloween. :cold:

didn't get no wood cut, nor split. but that won't be the case today, at least for cutting some of that oak I scarfed up the other eve. and plans r to hook up with a neighbor and pull down that oal widow-maker at our 85 yr old neighbors... getting close on splitting that oak, too...

hope u have a good Monday.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
IMG_8877.jpeg

For the past 7 days my wife & finally myself, have been trying to catch this cat that looks to have been let-loose or abandoned in the nature preserve that
is near us. Winter is not far away & this property has fox & the occasional coyote .
It's in good shape & will come close to us, so not feral. No collar, but is may have a chip(which all animals are required to have that will reveal its owner)

We called animal control & they came out last Friday & tried for an hour to lure it close enough so that it can be caught.
Since the land is the city's, no traps are allowed.

Yesterday it was eating food off my wife's hand...alas no cat carrier. We did buy one shortly after that & came back, but it was not there.
So we will keep trying for awhile, bringing it food every time.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good mornin. 52*/partly cloudy. Happy Seafood Bisque day. 2 more bins of wood out for campfires yesterday. May take the bow for a walk this morning. bush hogging and picking stuff later. Have an awesome day guys. FS.

of French origin, bigger the chunks, betted the seafood bisque! well, imo... still can taste that lobster seafood bisque we had up in Maine. tasty + !
Image result for what is seafood bisque

I like just about all seafood... and soups. bouillabese one of my favs! but I tend to pass on seafood places like this:
zsf.JPG
[:laugh:]

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
For the past 7 days my wife & finally myself, have been trying to catch this cat that looks to have been let-loose or abandoned in the nature preserve thatis near us. Winter is not far away & this property has fox & the occasional coyote. It's in good shape & will come close to us, so not feral. No collar, but is may have a chip(which all animals are required to have that will reveal its owner) We called animal control & they came out last Friday & tried for an hour to lure it close enough so that it can be caught. Since the land is the city's, no traps are allowed. Yesterday it was eating food off my wife's hand...alas no cat carrier. We did buy one shortly after that & came back, but it was not there. So we will keep trying for awhile, bringing it food every time.

first responders! ~ always room over at the SA Ranch for one more resident... even if stay is to be short-term! :)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
firewood don't cut itself... and time don't wait for most! ;) so need to self-start the main ingredient (me)... :drinkingcoffee:hour over. looks like a nice day ahead! need to git on down the road, but first... one for the road

some of you guys are talking about snow fall and flurries... not on my list (currently) to worry about... but, fyi ~ we got plenty of bananas growing in our back yard... more concerned with keeping their leaves trimmed, etc. they grow like weeds! ~
zbt.jpg
South Texas... hot summers, plenty of humidity... and bananas aplenty!

'over n out!'