ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 52*/Zeta rain. Happy Oatmeal day. And for the cataficionado's Happy Cat Day. Not sure of the program with the rain today. Not sure if I want to get wet hauling stuff to the burn pile. Have a great day all.FS.

Sty57 said: Morning everyone! 32°/36°F

imo, definitely a hot oatmeal kinda day! says wintery to me!

got to bin up pine needles in the drizzle yesterday. had to call the pine needle lady to bring more bins! raincoats! cold. double layered! rubber boots. all day! still some to do today (maybe; cold n windy:nofunny:) but got enuff up to mow most of the lawns and give the ol homestead a bit of a fresh fall look... I used my lil mow pusher! :muscle:camp fire all day long...

good :drinkingcoffee: this morn, cup just cools off too fast! ;) flannel slippers on...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning! kinda feel like I am in Chicago. windy city here today! windmill flexing and running... hard! winds out of the NW. 45ish last nite, first fire of the season in the MBR fireplace... finished a dvd. ... as lost the net. The Butler. contemporary in theme and imo... interesting, too. 56/63. dry air @ 43! calling for 1603987953717.png but actually is 1603987973787.png . site said winds: 10, now says 15! I used a chill factor converter. but only goes to 50f. at 50f says CF 44! add in 6 and 50... still a bit :cold: imo

well, :drinkingcoffee: gone. would like the rest of pine needles to be same. waiting a day or two more for smoking. warmer out then.

have a nice day. hope u can stay warm!

.......... Call of The Wild! ~
Image result for image raking pine needles

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
View attachment 864310

Good morn all.

57/41 & cloudy.

After much counsel by my wife, my stepson's fiancé has finally come to her senses & selected a spot for the wedding that is more in-line with
everyone's budget. It will be in Bend, Or. & we'll round out the festivities with a trip up to Sagle, Id. for 10 days or so.
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME MARK! GOD SPEED!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
noon ish now... but first the call of Brunch! did some cabbage n spuds up last nite, remembering FS had reminded us it was national potoato day other day. so plan on some fried spuds n eggs for brunch. bacon, too. should amp me up of an afternoon of work... the coldish outside kind!

sorta like this:
P4040010.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
maybe one more lima beans picking. plenty pods rocking' on! getting bigger. gave the patch a good soaking day before... and some triple 13 ferting, too. a 'last hurrah!' sort of thing. plants and pods doing well... but alas, no more flowers! says it all, sign of the times for patch...
P4060014.JPG

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
Good morning. 52*/Zeta rain. Happy Oatmeal day. And for the cataficionado's Happy Cat Day. Not sure of the program with the rain today. Not sure if I want to get wet hauling stuff to the burn pile. Have a great day all.FS.
CAME HOME BECAUSE OF THE RAIN FINALLY. GOT A FEW HOURS IN THOUGH.
YESTERDAY WAS READY TO JUMP IN TUB AND WIFE SAID "PUT ON YOUR BATH ROBE AND COME OUT TO THE PORCH!" I LOOK DOWN AND THERES A BRAND NEW ECHO TIMBER WOLF CHAIN SAW! MAN WHAT A SURPRISE. 2 BRAND NEW CHAINSAWS IN 2 DAYS! BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS! RAN IT THIS MORNING ON SOME AGED WHITE OAK AND IT WENT RT THRU IT! ONE LOG WAS 20"S ACROSS. SAW IS A PLEASANT SURPRISE...POWER WISE.
UMREAL..
WELL ITS RAINING...NEED THE RAIN AND REST. LIFE IS GOOD.
BE SAFE! LATER...

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
I figured the 1400 ft lb impact was a bit out of the homeowner range of tools over at HD or L's... lol. I have never seen a 1" drive gun before, nor used. only 3/4". and that was at a truck stop, cold wintery day... just into Colorado on a ski trip... service guy was lugging it out to work on a truck... 18-wheeler tire change. lug nuts. "big impact there, buddie... how big the drive?' 3/4... lugnuts... on that rig over there....

I do have a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter... needed for a one-time job!

Image result for image 1/2 to 3/4 ratchet adapter
I bought one of those recently.
20201022_110422-can-tire-socket.jpg

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
he also brought a Milwaukee cordless 1" drive impact gun that was rated for 1400 ft lbs.

sounds like at least 3/4" drive... maybe bigger! per your description that bolt was stuck! glad to hear at 1400 ft lbs it didn't twist in two. :omg:

1" drive

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
I bought one of those recently.
View attachment 864597
I was given a 3/4 to 1/2" adapter with a 1/2" dr socket for the old vw bus rear axle nut. Torque to 252 foot pounds. I'd asked for a 3/4 drive socket told the kid behind the counter the 1/2" end was gonna break off since that much torque was involved. Dint believe me til it came back part in each of my hands. :laugh: :laughing:. Refunded cost! Had to come back later for right socket. Lacked a wrench with that capacity, so I stood a foot out& bounced to be sure. WORKED!:yes: outsmarted another inanimate object.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin'. What happens when you buy your Halloween chocolates too early? That's right, all gone. Doesn't matter, we don't get trick or treaters anyways, even on a normal Halloween. Made these After Eight treats after supper last night. No recipe, I just threw together about 1-1/2 cup icing sugar, 1/4 cup margarine and 1 tsp peppermint flavour. Mix and roll out. Refrigerate for 15 or so minutes. Dip in thinned chocolate. Also did a batch of peanut butter cups (without the cups :) )

20201029-after-eight-chocolate-dessert.jpg 20201029-peanut-butter-cups-chocolate-dessert 7657.jpg

Edwad

Edwad

Tree Freak
Good morning. 44*/showers ending/gusty. Happy National Candy Corn day. Looks like another crappy day. Debating about goin to a rally today. Only 10 minutes from the house. The only reason I'd go is to see Ted Nugent. :guitar::laugh: Have a great day all. FS.
PS. Where candy corn comes from.
View attachment 864786 :crazy2:
Morning Steve!