ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
been busy past couple days... pine needles, mowing, trimming... a few :givebeer: along the way ~ fall season is a busy one for yard work!
sure was glad to see the yards and lawns back in some sense of order. the greenish look had returned... days end campfire. felt good to have it done, and I could feel the effort on a more personal level. 3 days, loads: 3 1/2... and a bit wore out, too... I might add ~
zzzpns.jpg zzzpnn.jpeg P4280012.JPG P4280001.JPG P4280015.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
pine needle lady's Dad's '48 Chevrolet 3/4T pickup. original paint and patina! ;) 400 sbc mill... powers it. stock HD 3/4T trans... manual. not a hot rod, just plenty of power. a handful of custom gauges in the original dash... drives it all over town... sweet ride, if you ask me. :numberone:thought some of you mite like to see it. asked if I could take pix of the 400 in it... said some of the fellows on the saw site mite like to see it... P4280005.JPG he started it up, and raised the hood ~
P4280006.JPG P4280008.JPG P4280009.JPG
load # 3 1/2... took up entire bed, see thru rear window...

always happy to see the truck... cause I can saw good bye to another load of pine needles ~ :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
decided it was time to winterize my asparagus patch. 9 crowns. they exploded over the past year. never expected such growth... left them to settle in and grow. never had to do such before per se. after some research online, was a bit put out that I needed/wanted to put compost over the patch n crowns... but it was 2' under all the yard clippings I had just vac'd n cut off the lawns. both piles. :dumb2:but only one way to go, and so what I had put on, I had to remove. lots nice moist compost... smells just like the forest floor after a fresh spring rain... :) cut, prep, layer of grass thatch, compost layer... some fall tomato progess tossed in just for grins... P4290001.JPG P4290002.JPG P4290003.JPG P4290004.JPG P4290005.JPG P4290006.JPG P4290007.JPG P4290008.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Image result for image 1938 colt 1911 22 lr

I had thought the Colt 1911 .22 lr was a modern day copy of the legendary 1911's of yesteryear... in a small caliber size. but... it surprised me to learn the pistol as such... 1911 .22LR was available back in 1938! even before WWII!! ~ there is a 'museum quality' version of the 1938 Colt Ace 1911 .22 LR Blue on one of the gun deal site currently... and 20 or so guys bidding on it and bidded up to just under$2500.00! [wow] there was a run in the mid-70's. one of those is bidded up to almost $1700! [wow] the '38 Ace comes with original box, tools and insturctions... bore brushes, too. blued. both have beautiful bluing...

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Those are good saws, did I tell you I have a 5105 H too :). Doing bigger trees it's nice to have a saw that will handle bar that will reach all the way across when needed. Sometimes a shorter bar is better, but having a choice can make the difference between putting yourself in a bad spot or a safe spot.
I haven't ran a 346 in a while, now you have me thinking. I like the 576, but I like the 7900/7910 more, either would do the job just fine.
Those heated handles are really nice this time of yr Brett , right ! lol.

Broken

Broken

hi B - sounds tasty! to be honest, never had any such sausage. but did have a kielbasa sandwhich yesterday... was too tempting to put all into gumbo pot -
Fried Kielbasa Sandwich
also made some of Bretts jalapeno deer stick,s this afternoon in the smoker Tex , will keep you toasty at Fish camp this February ! :blob2:

Broken

Broken

lot of work making gumbo. oh well, it was a fun 8 hrs! definitely worth the effort, imo. the roux was first up. turned out as planned, but a taste test along the way made me wonder if I had made hot flour and oil tasting gumbo? last nite on Man vs Food, Casey went to N.O. for a creole food challenge. one stop was for some creole gumbo. cook in back made it more or less as I did. prob most do, lol, one way or another. very tasty, but I left out some of their shellfish. finally I had a 'proof of concept' bowl of it to taste test it. passed with flying colors. now today, add the rice... Chef Emeril L. added some beer to his seasoned roux... so I thot, why not?

all in a days work - homemade Louisiana-style seafood gumbo
View attachment 869227
View attachment 869222 View attachment 869223 View attachment 869224 View attachment 869225 View attachment 869226
Like the gumbo and Miller chaser !

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
Looks like he broke a brow tine during the rutt !
FRIEND MIKE CALLED ME THIS MORNING TO HELP HIM DRAG A NICE BUCK OUT OF THE WOODS THIS MORNING. GOT IT IN HIS STAND WITH A CROSSBOW.
WENT SW FROM COLD CILD TO REALLY NICE THIS MORNING..WINDY THIS AFTERNOON. SUN GOING DOWN.
HAVE A GOOD ONE !

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
good morning - warming up down here... great fall tomato weather. 76/76. cloudy View attachment 869096 Precipitation: 0% Wind: 8 MPH Humidity: 74%. windmill sitting, though. and -0- chance rains today, but those clouds look like they could!

been busy past couple days... pine needles, mowing, trimming... a few :givebeer: along the way ~ fall season is a busy one for yard work! winterizing some of the garden... and what to do with all the okra not being eaten in refer? still in A+ condition... decided time to make some okra/seafood gumbo. been my morning mission today... the QB went and picked up some stuff for it I needed. some fish stock and we are making some of our own, too... per one utube chef's suggestion. tomatoes... canned from the garden. okra garden fresh. green/red peppers, some white fish, cod and halibut, some shrimp to go with what I had in freezer and some crab claws! :surprised3: almost 'off the recipe!'... at $38.00/#! yikes. Alaska snow... I was hoping for some Gulf Coast blues... got 3. about $2.50 ea. more so a 'fire for effect' addition to the gumbo. should be tasty, following Chef Paul P.'s guidelines for some Louisiana Seafood Gumbo... dark roux included! :)

View attachment 869098

View attachment 869099 View attachment 869100 View attachment 869101

hope your day is a good one ~
AWESOME JOB ! FANTASTIC ! MAN YOU GOT ME HUNGRY !

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good evening guys.
Nice day here today, it's starting to cool back down, good working weather as long as it's not raining.
Got the splitter I just bought running, pics taken, and listed. Still have another that doesn't have spark, quite a bit of rust on the coil/pickup, may try to tinker with it sometime, may not if someone else wants to. Also listed a little Yamaha ef2000is inverter generator. While have had many of Hondas version of these I've only had a few of the Yamaha's, some like that you can shut the fuel off on them and then run them dry, they are a little more complex though as far as controls go.
Hope you guys had a great day.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
When ordering parts at Tormont CAT, you can't get a price on anything unless you give the S/N. With S/N, they supply me with exploded view diagrams. I order parts. They confirm parts. Straight forward process, no? No, it isn't. They were quick to take my $9,300 though.

Parts came in for this 2007 257B2 skid steer. 3 weeks now? Eager to get started yesterday morning. As is usually the case, there's always something....

The new tension arm is not the same size, much smaller. And it won't even fit in the new chassis bracket. And then upon closer inspection, the chassis frames themselves are different. A full 1/2 inch difference in the tubular steel. Front wheel axle is moved forward about 1-2 cm. Lower tension arm mount is moved back some couple inches. Bolts don't have the proper shoulder on them. I figured maybe using the top half of the old tension arm with the new lower half would work but the lower half won't even fit in its bracket on the new frame.

CAT-20201120_113045.jpg CAT-20201120_113806-1.jpg CAT-20201120_141407-7.jpg CAT-20201120_133437-6.jpg CAT-20201120_133103-2.jpg CAT-20201120_133136-3.jpg