ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee: .
31 heading to 44 with cloudy/overcast skies :baba:.
Looks like all the rain is staying down in Indiana, ohio, PA today, but they are saying we have a chance of rain tomorrow.
Helping a friend move today, of course I dropped a split on my left foot yesterday, it's pretty sensitive :cry:.
Hope you all have a great day.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning. Had a buck ease out of the woods to our left into a path just out of range this am. Did not take the shot. Maybe next time. At least we saw one.
Hope he comes back a little closer Sam. Like said yesterday our bow season ended. I watched a doe out grazing the neighbors cornfield behind me then watched a monster buck stroll across the soybean field. :angry:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good evening guys. Nice day here today, it's starting to cool back down, good working weather as long as it's not raining. Got the splitter I just bought running, pics taken, and listed. Still have another that doesn't have spark, quite a bit of rust on the coil/pickup, may try to tinker with it sometime, may not if someone else wants to. Also listed a little Yamaha ef2000is inverter generator. While have had many of Hondas version of these I've only had a few of the Yamaha's, some like that you can shut the fuel off on them and then run them dry, they are a little more complex though as far as controls go. Hope you guys had a great day.
hi chipper - if you tinker with it and get it running, let us know why it wouldn't. all the readings I have done on rusty mags says does not hinder spark, unless build up prevents flywheel for rotating ~

but I like mine brite metal clean...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 47*/clear. Happy Pumpkin Pie day and Happy Red Mitten day to our Canuckistan friends.o_O Workin on the wood piles today and maybe checking out some dead trees in a guys pasture he said I could have. He thinks it's ash but not sure. Have a swell day guys.FS.
reminds me of the old geezer with not so good eyesight bringing his wife a cup of tea. 'here's some tea for you honey' wife in orange pants bent over in garden...'no, I am over hear, dear!' lol.

pumpkin pie. it's ok, imo. not on my favs list. but what is a Thanksgiving dinner buffet/spread w/o a pumpkin pie?
Image result for image thanksgiving dinner buffet desserts

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
When ordering parts at Tormont CAT, you can't get a price on anything unless you give the S/N. With S/N, they supply me with exploded view diagrams. I order parts. They confirm parts. Straight forward process, no? No, it isn't. They were quick to take my $9,300 though.

Parts came in for this 2007 257B2 skid steer. 3 weeks now? Eager to get started yesterday morning. As is usually the case, there's always something....

The new tension arm is not the same size, much smaller. And it won't even fit in the new chassis bracket. And then upon closer inspection, the chassis frames themselves are different. A full 1/2 inch difference in the tubular steel. Front wheel axle is moved forward about 1-2 cm. Lower tension arm mount is moved back some couple inches. Bolts don't have the proper shoulder on them. I figured maybe using the top half of the old tension arm with the new lower half would work but the lower half won't even fit in its bracket on the new frame.

View attachment 869357 View attachment 869358 View attachment 869359 View attachment 869360 View attachment 869361 View attachment 869362
hi wcc - sure sounds like a headache to me. :angry: a big pricey one. guess it's back to the drawing board and... the parts counter, too! :nofunny: given u supplied s/n and I assume model #, too. sounds like a snafu somewhere out by the woodshed. but, little doubt in my mind... you will sort it all out and have your cat back in action... sooner or later! ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. Had a buck ease out of the woods to our left into a path just out of range this am. Did not take the shot. Maybe next time. At least we saw one.
hope you get one soon, 00 - neighbor had gone to their ranch with son & daughter for TGD dinner and some deer hunting. this morning wife stopped heading there, too. said they would have plenty deer meat for us this deer season... both Dad and daughter got deer. :)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - sunny and cloudy. 1605977798229.png last nite tv weather said dense fog this morning. and it was. the humidity dripping off the trees! Precipitation: 10% Wind: 5 MPH Humidity: 90%. got in a pleasant bike ride yesterday. of course... no rain in forecast, but I got rained on. lol. just sprinkle dots. 15 mins of it. left bike out in back last nite. wetter this morning from the fog than from the rains yesterday. all in all, a more or less productive day. couple small projects. one metalcraft and one mechanical.

sunny and nice currently, no winds. windmill sitting -

deaves61

deaves61

Tree Freak
hi chipper - if you tinker with it and get it running, let us know why it wouldn't. all the readings I have done on rusty mags says does not hinder spark, unless build up prevents flywheel for rotating ~

but I like mine brite metal clean...
Bosses Kohler wouldn't fire with rust on the magnets, scotch britted it off runs like new, I've seen saws with way more rust run fine, but that particular ignition would not.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
my metalcraft project comes from the 'nbd area of one of my workbenches'. but important to me. could have just cut end off, but dint want to do that. after several days of pondering and searching, not too seriously I mite add... I finally found a suitable piece of something to fix the end or one of my vac's plastic 90's. thin alum inch or so from pool cleaning brush. perfect diam. but thin like HD tinfoil. so had to layout to work it into small section. split. deburr. fit. clean up 90's end. fix split. used tapered garden tool to uncramp end for where slider length was inserted into other section. ID or OD fit? ported the inlet end and cleaned up outer edge. secured sleeve with rubber band. for use up at farm house... have two, both Kirby, but each bit dif... maybe model? one I have had over 45 years! from '70's Omega. and the reason I dint want to just cut it off or buy a new replacement... foto essay:
P5010001.JPG P5010002.JPG P5010003.JPG P5010004.JPG P5010005.JPG P5010006.JPG P5010010.JPG P5010012.JPG P5010014.JPG P5010017.JPG