ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Not sure if this is @Oldmaple or @Buckshot00 in their younger years of hunting. :laughing:
View attachment 869603
lol - reminds me of times gone hunting with my Dad... E WA, Willamettes in Oregon... and seeing deer tied to fenders of vehicles... as hunters headed home...
Image result for image deer tied to vehicle

lol! ~

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good evening guys.
Busy day, but a good day :).
Had flurries here this morning, southern side of the state had a good amount stick and accumulate.
Went and looked at a 2007 Honda Pilot after our church meeting, it looked great in the pictures and it was a sweet older lady selling it. The price was right as were the miles, unfortunately the first thing I saw when I walked up to it was rust :baba:. The woman said I would need to buy newer than 13yrs old if I didn't want rust, I said the 1998 I drove up in and the 2000 excursion I just bought have less rust total than the pilot :laugh:. I guess it wasn't the right one for me, I told her no worries, I'm one car closer to finding the one I buy and she's one person closer to selling her's :).
Hope you all had a great day too.

stihl023/5

stihl023/5

Addicted to ArboristSite
Afternoon folks, wife got me an oil less turkey fryer for Christmas had to do assy and wipe inside down with oil and heat up, never cooked a turkey like this before, will see how it turns out, have a good day.
We have one, works excellent!
Does a Turkey in pretty quick.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper - was wondering what deer sticks are... never heard of them, or had... then thought: hmm, I bet 'steaks'!

by the antlers alone, no doubt a nice buck! ~
Nope, just deer sticks, that's what many call them arounds here, others call them venison sticks. Maybe we are lazy like that lol.
load # 3/12 - waiting for pine needle lady's dad to chug on in for the pick up in his pickup
View attachment 869234
About time you got that mess cleaned up! :laugh:
Nice work, I'd be sore too :yes:.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper - if you tinker with it and get it running, let us know why it wouldn't. all the readings I have done on rusty mags says does not hinder spark, unless build up prevents flywheel for rotating ~

but I like mine brite metal clean...
I've read the same in the past, but it hasn't been my experience.
I don't care to much about how they look, just that they work lol.
Mine are shining bright now :rock:.
Bosses Kohler wouldn't fire with rust on the magnets, scotch britted it off runs like new, I've seen saws with way more rust run fine, but that particular ignition would not.
Yep, seen it a good number of times, sometimes it just weakens the spark enough to where it won't start. But, yes, ignitions can be like the proverbial box of chocolates, you just don't know what you're gonna get.
I got it all back together and she fired right up on a little ether :clap:. I need to clean the car as it won't stay running though, may get to that tomorrow.

Some air cooked turkey sounds good to me, be sure to slather it in maxima K2 for that extra special thanksgiving easter flavor :sweet:.

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good evening guys.
Busy day, but a good day :).
Had flurries here this morning, southern side of the state had a good amount stick and accumulate.
Went and looked at a 2007 Honda Pilot after our church meeting, it looked great in the pictures and it was a sweet older lady selling it. The price was right as were the miles, unfortunately the first thing I saw when I walked up to it was rust :baba:. The woman said I would need to buy newer than 13yrs old if I didn't want rust, I said the 1998 I drove up in and the 2000 excursion I just bought have less rust total than the pilot :laugh:. I guess it wasn't the right one for me, I told her no worries, I'm one car closer to finding the one I buy and she's one person closer to selling her's :).
Hope you all had a great day too.
Yeah Brett, winters are hard on the northern cars.

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Evening y’all! Was nice at 70 this morning but rain & cold front dropped it to high 40’s. Friends going to their family in ny this week so met them at shop & changed oil before they head out.
Did find a good deal on a saw. Guy said he had a stihl 271 for $39. He said it wouldn’t start & was given to him. I grabbed it up last night. Drained gas out & put In fresh & fired up. Had to drive an hr but will be a easy flip. Stay safe guys!! E2ABA529-3B6A-40D8-BB0A-9E2450D2F88E.jpeg

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Yeah Brett, winters are hard on the northern cars.
That ain't no joke.
Maybe I need to head down to TN and snag one up, it's been a while since I made it that way :).
Evening y’all! Was nice at 70 this morning but rain & cold front dropped it to high 40’s. Friends going to their family in ny this week so met them at shop & changed oil before they head out.
Did find a good deal on a saw. Guy said he had a stihl 271 for $39. He said it wouldn’t start & was given to him. I grabbed it up last night. Drained gas out & put In fresh & fired up. Had to drive an hr but will be a easy flip. Stay safe guys!! View attachment 869740
That was a great deal. I bet you could get a good bit of cash out of that all cleaned up, especially with a long blade:lol:.
Hope you're doing well.

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
That ain't no joke.
Maybe I need to head down to TN and snag one up, it's been a while since I made it that way :).

That was a great deal. I bet you could get a good bit of cash out of that all cleaned up, especially with a long blade:lol:.
Hope you're doing well.
Yeah that’s the plan. Run couple tanks & get it gone. Yeah, Brett I’m good just busy but I like it. Hope y’all are well! Ya going to have busy thanksgiving week?

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
That ain't no joke.

That was a great deal. I bet you could get a good bit of cash out of that all cleaned up, especially with a FARMBOSS blade:lol:.
Hope you're doing well.
FIXED!! :laughing: