ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning ~ up with the chickens. b4 5 am! coffee brewing, a cup sounds good. :drinkingcoffee: cool breeze on morning walk... low 60's and such for the day. some low 70's, too. 61/73. too dark still to see windmill. winds 12 Galveston, 8 or so just E of town. less ne of us. Precipitation: 0% Wind: 8 MPH Humidity: 90%. nice bike ride yesterday. got tired on end of handlebar tape loose, so set it. All Seal again! :) another bike ride today. great exercise!!~ you know us Marines... always gotta jog...run! only I do it bit dif these days. results same. well, imo...

Image result for image marine platoon jogging

I can hear the cadence being called...

"C-130 rollin' down the strip...
Recon Daddy gunna take a little trip ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Nope, just deer sticks, that's what many call them arounds here, others call them venison sticks. Maybe we are lazy like that lol.

About time you got that mess cleaned up! :laugh:
Nice work, I'd be sore too :yes:.

sticks! right. knew a guy who went by the name of Sticks! I noticed one other post with reference to sticks. and so thot, chipper prob meant sticks. u bear that out. it is a term I am unfamiliar with regarding meat, however. but... live n learn! :)

we were talking about all those pine needles yesterday... and how they are accumulating again. not like overnite. but enuff to notice. oh well, it helps me pretend I live in a log cabin high in the mountains...

Image result for small log cabin high in the mountains

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yep, seen it a good number of times, sometimes it just weakens the spark enough to where it won't start. But, yes, ignitions can be like the proverbial box of chocolates, you just don't know what you're gonna get. I got it all back together and she fired right up on a little ether :clap:. I need to clean the car as it won't stay running though, may get to that tomorrow. Some air cooked turkey sounds good to me, be sure to slather it in maxima K2 for that extra special thanksgiving easter flavor :sweet:.
hi chipper ~ that should do it! hate it when the car don't idle well! lol... ;)

reminds me, I still need to get out my ohm meter and measure the resistance differences in my old stock BS plug wire and the upgraded Magnecor KV 8.5 I added to mag.

bad @ 100K ohms... ok, daily driver with miles @ 25K ohms +/-... low ohms, competition wires... as low as [only] 150 ohms resistance!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Evening y’all! Was nice at 70 this morning but rain & cold front dropped it to high 40’s. Friends going to their family in ny this week so met them at shop & changed oil before they head out.
Did find a good deal on a saw. Guy said he had a stihl 271 for $39. He said it wouldn’t start & was given to him. I grabbed it up last night. Drained gas out & put In fresh & fired up. Had to drive an hr but will be a easy flip. Stay safe guys!! View attachment 869740
heck of a deal! sweet outcome... :numberone:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
That ain't no joke.Maybe I need to head down to TN and snag one up, it's been a while since I made it that way :). That was a great deal. I bet you could get a good bit of cash out of that all cleaned up, especially with a long blade:lol:.Hope you're doing well.
like kitchen counter clean... ;)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I meant when it is raining lol. In the winter I just put gloves on, don't even need the heat most days that I'm willing to go out :p.
to me you are definitely up there north! cold winter north!! I seen the snow blow report other eve on tv weather news for that general region. and bit E of the lakes... but maybe you just aren't far north enuff! lol. you can be sure I would not be out cutting wood if so cold I needed a heated handle! gloves ok for comfort, PPG, etc... but imo... for me, not for cold. summation: I don't cut wood when its too :cold: out! I sit inside by the fireplace! lol. :cool:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Afternoon folks, wife got me an oil less turkey fryer for Christmas had to do assy and wipe inside down with oil and heat up, never cooked a turkey like this before, will see how it turns out, have a good day.
careful deaves... word gets out your got that and plan for a fried turkey on TGD big crowd might show up and then... you may have add'l vistors at the door! lol ;) zcops.JPG ...