ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning. 39*/clear. Happy National Sardines day. Always good coon bait back in my teenage trapping days. @Backyard Lumberjack, It's also D.B.Cooper day. :laugh: Septic tank pumping today and pole barn reorganization. Need to refill the 2 bins I sold yesterday. Have a great day all. FS.

stihl023/5

stihl023/5

Addicted to ArboristSite
I hear that, been spinning pretty good this fall. Last month was crazy, I've slowed down a lot this month, but still doing a quite a bit.
What are the ones you have, have trailer and will travel :).
Yes, but I watch other sites too.
I'd like to have one set up like this as far as a pusher style, but with a thin "knife" instead of a wedge and for it to be fully contained and self propelled. I haven't seen one set up like I want, so I figure it will have to be custom designed/built.
Here's the one I like up by you. I tried to get him to do a partial trade for some hunting supplies or a chainsaw lol.
I dont like the 3 pt ones. No point running up hours on a tractor splitting wood. I leave the tractor for moving logs etc.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good afternoon guys.
Coffee is long gone unfortunately.
Light snow and right around freezing.
Heading to a buddies to help cut/move some wood. He is in the process of buying the house off the owner and the owner is having a couple hazardous trees taken out that were over the house. I told him I'd do it, but it wouldn't be cheap as I needed to rent a lift for it so he should see what the owner would like to do. Seems it all worked out well with him paying to have it done, their prices were right where mine were, but the owner is paying and not him :).
Have a great day guys.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
I dont like the 3 pt ones. No point running up hours on a tractor splitting wood. I leave the tractor for moving logs etc.
That's how I feel about the extra hrs on the tractor. I have a 24hp Honda engine I could get to run it since it comes with it's own pump(I like that too so you have less chance of contaminating your hydro system), but by the time I do that I have 2500 into a splitter I still need to make mobile. That wouldn't be too bad for what it is, but by the time I add a log lift and the extra valve, then some form of a drive setup to make it movable on it's own I'm in the 3500 range easily and I have nowhere to store it inside. Seems the timing just isn't right for me currently, besides I can find another anytime in the 2000-3500 range so I don't need to freak out, now if it was 1500...:lol: .
You getting the snow there yet, the ground is almost covered here, but not the grass.

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
Good morning. Had a buck ease out of the woods to our left into a path just out of range this am. Did not take the shot. Maybe next time. At least we saw one.

as far as I am concerned... a must have for TGD dinner! cranberry this or that. imo, just makes a bite of dark meat perfect. not too bad with white, also. canned is ok with me, chilled. the QB usually makes some. actually have some left over in refer... more than a couple months old! lol ;) still every bit as tasty as day made. well, imo. just yesterday we were taking about our 'needs list' for TGD dinner... and subject of 'do we have any cranberry sauce' came up... think we will just do canned.

Image result for Image display Canned Cranberry Sauce
OLD FRIEND PAT WHO DIED LAST DAY OF SUMMER SPENT 35 YEARS WORKING ON THE CRANBERRY BOGS! HARD WORK BUT SERIOUSLY.. GODS COUNTRY!
MISS YAH OLE BUDDY!

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good afternoon guys.
Coffee is long gone unfortunately.
Light snow and right around freezing.
Heading to a buddies to help cut/move some wood. He is in the process of buying the house off the owner and the owner is having a couple hazardous trees taken out that were over the house. I told him I'd do it, but it wouldn't be cheap as I needed to rent a lift for it so he should see what the owner would like to do. Seems it all worked out well with him paying to have it done, their prices were right where mine were, but the owner is paying and not him :).
Have a great day guys.
Smart move Brett

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Smart move Brett
What's up James.
I had the tractor and saws all loaded up and ready to go over there, then I decided against it as I didn't want to drive the black beauty(the excursion) in the snow as I figured they'd be salting the roads :baba:. I ended up buying a snow blower right around the corner so I drove by with the van. They made a big mess of it, just pushed everything into the woods, not how I would have done it and according to my buddy not what they were supposed to do either. He said they were supposed to chip all the smaller stuff into the woods and then pile all the logs up, l'd be upset if that was the agreement and they did it like they did.
The good thing is I'll clean it up for my buddy and he didn't have to pay for what they did do.