ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
I need to get me one, a stimulus 9 that is lol.
Been telling everyone they need to us it to buy ammo.
Is that an early allien holster.
Where do the stairs go?
Came with the pistol all caniks I've seen come with a holster this one is optics ready
People put dots on compact pistols for some reason
IMG_20201230_171130.jpg
He has like 5 sets of those steps
No idea why
he collects them I guess.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
one thing i have learned about shooting and zeroing/sighting in a scope... either you can or you can't! :cool: no shortage of vids out there... do this, this is how, for the beginner, for the expert... up, down... side ways, too... all in all and any ways but loose! CW for this and CCW for this if... but for me, it seems that if you spend enuff time doing the :reading: and paying attention... at 100 yads is how many clicks?... MOA here, or MOA there? how many MOA?... mil spots or std cross hairs... on and on... do enuff and sometimes you mite just get lucky. so was the case for me. ymmv ~

even with some notes, study... CW this or CCW that?... etc...omg! :rolleyes: can be confusing. then i ran across a comment in one of those scope vids. i took note! the shooter said, "once zero'd and now shooting for effect (accuracy) once you have your test group... place the bullet! push it up, or push it down... just push it to the target." so then, to use chipper's example above... [ View attachment 881777 ]
View attachment 881810
1) scope -0- 'd on bench
2) bullets low and to the R. so, push the bullet... raise the low. ie, follow arrow on elevation knob... few clicks at a time. maybe 1/8th to 1/4 turn... ez does it
3) bullets hitting to R, so push to L. windage knob arrow says this way to L. so, turn knob that way... ie, push bullet to the L.

once i tried that approach, scope elevation and windage ez to tweak... shot by shot or by group...

a few mentioned do one thing at a time. get E correct, then do W, but i think both ok if u can just remember... 'push the bullet to the target!' (1 click = 1/4 MOA)

an important item to know as in deer hunting... generally speaking, a 30-06 round etc at 100 yds is more or less a flat trajectory. so bore sighting very effective! but that 'flat curve' depends on wgt of the round and the rate, ft per sec, and the trajectory desired. knowing that, then shoot group and adjust E and W accordingly. push the bullet accordingly to further the accuracy. (does not factor in the shooter! lol ;) ) for further distances, MOA etc to understand (gravity effect, speed, curvature angle. etc) will be important. one thing for sure in hunting and shooting distances...

Accuracy Matters! lol View attachment 881809
:yes:

now for some of those eggs at 100 yds! :popcorn2:
View attachment 881811
I have always boresighted my rifles in my basement and have them zeroed for 100 yrs . I have hunted for yrs with the 30-06 Springfield cartridge and agree it is a very competent caliber . I used it exclusively for Moose and Caribou & Elk in 200 gr. semi partion loads . Although I have my eyes on a new Weatherby .378 magnum in 278 gr. for the spring . For deer I used my Uncles Savage 300 lever action in 165 gr. until I bought my 1st Marlin .444 big bore in. 240 gr. in the 80' s , lots of stubborn Swamp Bucks up North ! I do a lot of reloading these days with both Federal & Hornaday . As far as plinking I loved my Dads Winchester Model 54 in 22 Hornet with 35 gr. 3047 fps. , nice flat shooting ground hog rifle c/w Redfield 3×9×40 . Actually shot my 1st deer in the apple orchard at 75 yds with it as a teenager , not bad for a varmint caliber lol. ;)

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 28 f heading to 35 f as the warming trend continues . I have the JD Diesel Backhoe plugged in so I think I will throw the 7910XD & 5105H in the bucket and buck up & split the last load of free hardwood my Son dropped off during the nite from the City . I think my buddies dropping over this afternoon with some more fresh caribou from his hunt in Quebec . Probably fire up the deep fryer in the garage and catch up , have some fresh smoked and battered lake trout & chips with cider vinegar . Thankfully I got our fishing camp session in prior to Feb with abundant ice up North , may be the last trip anywhere for a while P.S. I stocked up on a few cases of Miller & bottles of Bushmills just in case the lockdown plans become reality . Be Safe out there folks ! :drinkingcoffee:

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
34F/1C up to 39F/4C and gray again and more gray for the next few days. Plumbing problem last night while I was at a meeting, had to shut off the water to the house. Complaints this morning about no running water, told them there is running water in the creek. Was met with resistance. This family is going to be in trouble when the s.... hits the fan. Guess I'd better fix it today. Make it a good one everybody.
1610543712252.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning ~ :cold:Cold Across Texas! :cold:they said. had sign on tv weather map, too. mid 30's for our general 5 county area. my indoor/outdoor metro center confirms. was 37f at 7. to be a very brite sunny day. 1610546084575.png cloudless now, just cold. maybe 60 for a high.
1610546173438.png

first up chores: chow line for pups. :drinkingcoffee:. clean fireplace ash. gather kindling, layer one stix and some bigger... couple even bigger for a good run. some KP in line, too... did up some swell asparagus last nite. glad i am not N-bound to downtown Houston this morn on the I-69! crash in close and all lanes full stop! tower view - only brake lights... a sea of them in the early dark. dry roads and crashes! hmm, texting?....

no doubt more chores will pop up... sooner or later! ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I have always boresighted my rifles in my basement and have them zeroed for 100 yrs . I have hunted for yrs with the 30-06 Springfield cartridge and agree it is a very competent caliber . I used it exclusively for Moose and Caribou & Elk in 200 gr. semi partion loads . Although I have my eyes on a new Weatherby .378 magnum in 278 gr. for the spring . For deer I used my Uncles Savage 300 lever action in 165 gr. until I bought my 1st Marlin .444 big bore in. 240 gr. in the 80' s , lots of stubborn Swamp Bucks up North ! I do a lot of reloading these days with both Federal & Hornaday . As far as plinking I loved my Dads Winchester Model 54 in 22 Hornet with 35 gr. 3047 fps. , nice flat shooting ground hog rifle c/w Redfield 3×9×40 . Actually shot my 1st deer in the apple orchard at 75 yds with it as a teenager , not bad for a varmint caliber lol. ;)
nice! :) i have my Dad's .22 he and his brother used in HS for drill team and marching. that would have been around 1936/7... maybe they knew something was brewing back then... lay the front bead into the valley of the rear view.... and 'bingo!' ... a nice shooter!
:drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 30*/50*/clear. Happy Peach Melba day. Off to the tree stand this morning and then back to cuttin and splittin. Have a good one fellas.FS.
a tasty treat for sure! goood hunting FS -
1610547051099.png

in case anyone was wondering:

history, creation, variations and cultural significance...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 28 f heading to 35 f as the warming trend continues . I have the JD Diesel Backhoe plugged in so I think I will throw the 7910XD & 5105H in the bucket and buck up & split the last load of free hardwood my Son dropped off during the nite from the City . I think my buddies dropping over this afternoon with some more fresh caribou from his hunt in Quebec . Probably fire up the deep fryer in the garage and catch up , have some fresh smoked and battered lake trout & chips with cider vinegar . Thankfully I got our fishing camp session in prior to Feb with abundant ice up North , may be the last trip anywhere for a while P.S. I stocked up on a few cases of Miller & bottles of Bushmills just in case the lockdown plans become reality . Be Safe out there folks ! :drinkingcoffee:
a bonafied wilderness trekker... and forward thinker!

well, imo... :)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
34F/1C up to 39F/4C and gray again and more gray for the next few days. Plumbing problem last night while I was at a meeting, had to shut off the water to the house. Complaints this morning about no running water, told them there is running water in the creek. Was met with resistance. This family is going to be in trouble when the s.... hits the fan. Guess I'd better fix it today. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 882043
:laugh:

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
That little 22 mag seems to be doing a great job.
I'll usually take a couple shots and if I know I was doing my job right I make large adjustments. I'm not the best shot on targets that aren't moving or live as I'm more of an instinct shooter, but you still need to be familiar with the specific gun your shooting. When I got my 45edc pistoool I took two shots with it, both were left a little at 15yards, works for me. Many would want it right on, if I'm an inch off at 15 I think everything will be just fine if it's needed. I've put a few more thru the tube since then :). Funny when I took it out the second time I was right on the money at 15, then I remembered I was shooting it left handed the first two shots:laughing:, works for me lol.
This is the one I just did a basic dial in of the scope on. Hopefully I can get it set for 100 by this weekend. I also want to get a different charging handle, it's just a bit tight, especially with gloves on.
View attachment 881824
I shoot pistol ambidextrous but rifle and shotgun left handed.
They had me teach my great niece
How to shoot she's all lefty
Her little sister is too
But my nephew and his wife are right handed.
She did very good she's 10
And I got her shooting a 10/22 and my tx .22 and a 10mm xdm
She's hooked now I'll teach her the g3c taurus next it's very accurate for a sub compact.
She wants to shoot my glock 30s
But it's too large for her hands.
I really don't shoot much
Magazines are what I need
They have always stupid expensive for certain pistols
40-65.00 it's almost worth buying
Some of the law enforcement kits
They have 4 mags
My glock and s&w kits did.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Mornin' folks. -2ºC and sunshine finally. You guys are serious about your air guns. I just have a Crosman 795 that sits in the closet. Point and shoot, so long as its within 10 yards. Anything beyond that we classify as free range, not down range. ;)
nice lil plinker. with a plastic stock looks a lot like mine...

............Crosman 795 w/optics
1610547898152.png

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Ray!! Glad ya got a taste of winter. Just came up from hunting and getting ready to see what's on the camera card. I know there is 1 stupid doe on it as she was walking around on saturday afternoon down back. Watched her pee on the one scrape and then go lay down about 10 yards from it. Hope all is well for you and the family.
Howdy Steve. Yes sir it was nice for one day. But wouldn't like dealing with it like you folks up North. Is y'alls deer season still open? All's well down this way, no complaints. Hope y'all are well also. Take care my friend and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer: