ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Howdy Steve. Yes sir it was nice for one day. But wouldn't like dealing with it like you folks up North. Is y'alls deer season still open? All's well down this way, no complaints. Hope y'all are well also. Take care my friend and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:
Late archery and flintlock till Saturday. Didn't see any deer this morning. Guess I need to clean the window in the shop. :laughing: Sunrise came quick this morning so I am out cutting wood.:cheers:

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
swell pix RAY - you got a winter wonderland up there! enjoyed seeing it. thanks for posting... pix better than what they had on the news... lol ;)
Howdy BL. Thanks buddy. It was definitely something different. Hope all's well down your way. Take care buddy and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning Ray.
Sure looks nice, I think you have more snow than we have now lol.
Lee sent me some pictures yesterday, sure his boys were having fun in it.
Did you get the truck out and do some donuts :happy:.
When I took the trash out I saw probably 10 sets of tracks, they've been scraping the ground about 40' from the the house to get into the greens under the snow. If I wanted a little venison it wouldn't take much, obviously trophies are a lot more difficult to catch up with let alone to actually shoot.
Great you got to hang with your boy :).
Have a great day and enjoy the snow.
Howdy Brett:hi:. How's that rascal Lee doing. I need to give him a call. I haven't seen many deer out and about lately :confused: not sure where there at. No sir no donuts in the truck. Pretty much stayed close to the woodstove and stayed warm:yes:. I'm with you on your assessment of the covid pandemic. Something smells mighty fishy about the whole thing:dizzy:. Hope you and the family are well. Stay safe and healthy my friend. :givebeer:

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 22° at chores time and once more it's cloudy out. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and it's time to go shopping. Chicken food and human food, we all gots ta eat. My thermostat arrived yesterday. Ordered on Monday night and was here yesterday evening. Thank you UPS. The USPS on the other hand has one of my Christmas items stuck in transit for the last 2 weeks, no delivery date given. Got the chance to run my rocket stove in the barn yesterday on pellets. It ran for about 1 1/2 hours on one full tube. When I added in the waste oil dripper temps went from 650° to 850°. I was able to get some work done without running back and forth with wood for the stove. This has good promise, although I have several boxes of wood split and cut to length just for the rocket stove. After the pellets burned down I tried wood in the basket and it worked just as well but burned down faster. It's nice to have options. Play safe out there.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning ASer's :drinkingcoffee: .
Some sun today and it looks like highs this week will be mid to upper 30s, which means more outdoor work. Hauling a few wheelbarrow loads of firewood, change out a wheel/tire on a trailer(flat), lay out the chicken run are a few things I can think of. Then there's the brakes on the little Honda odyssey, the back right is metal to metal, I could just let that ride I guess since its already junk lol. When I did the fronts last summer a buddy got me a deal on the parts so I bought new rotor/pads all the way around, so I already have the parts so that makes the job a bit easier. The bummer is that caliper seems to be hanging up, need to clean the slides and check that the piston is returning smooth, if not I'll be replacing the caliper too.
Have a good one guys.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
nice lil plinker. with a plastic stock looks a lot like mine...

............Crosman 795 w/optics
View attachment 882059
Looks the same except mine has no optics. If the target is close, I look through the left eye. If it's further away I look through the right eye. That's how I see the world :)

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Came with the pistol all caniks I've seen come with a holster this one is optics ready
People put dots on compact pistols for some reason
View attachment 881872
He has like 5 sets of those steps
No idea why
he collects them I guess.
Thats nice, my G36 came with a couple junk holsters, I bought an alien and its great. The only downside is the allen head screws that hold the outer portion of the shell loosen, I need to put a dab of blue loctite on them, but when I think of it I'm usually running out the door lol.
I have a lazer on mine, its internal. I think it could be a bit intimidating, but I'm guessing if they aren't deterred when you pull it out the lazer wont help :lol:. In certain tactical situations I can see where it would be useful, but for the most part it's extra weight if its not internal, my G36 came with it and 3 mags which was nice.
I shoot pistol ambidextrous but rifle and shotgun left handed.
They had me teach my great niece
How to shoot she's all lefty
Her little sister is too
But my nephew and his wife are right handed.
She did very good she's 10
And I got her shooting a 10/22 and my tx .22 and a 10mm xdm
She's hooked now I'll teach her the g3c taurus next it's very accurate for a sub compact.
She wants to shoot my glock 30s
But it's too large for her hands.
I really don't shoot much
Magazines are what I need
They have always stupid expensive for certain pistols
40-65.00 it's almost worth buying
Some of the law enforcement kits
They have 4 mags
My glock and s&w kits did.
Most times I shoot right(lol), but I practice both and I'm pretty ambidextrous, but right eye dominate so if I want to shoot with both eyes open right is easier. When I was younger I shot a lot of skeet, I was shooting with one of my dad's friends(he's not a very good shooter) and I was giving him some pointers(dad was a AAA shooter in the Navy on their skeet team, I also worked at a club pulling skeet and trap and taught many how to shoot) he told me I didn't understand because I wasn't shooting left handed. I said okay, let's both of us shoot your gun(side by side 20ga) and I'll shoot left so I can understand. That was my first time shooting skeet left handed, I don't remember what we shot numbers wise(iirc I shot 16 or 17), but he shot less than me :oops:.
It's great your teaching and that she is open to being taught, a little help goes a long way, and we all need a little help, or more:sucks:.
Have a great day.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Howdy Brett:hi:. How's that rascal Lee doing. I need to give him a call. I haven't seen many deer out and about lately :confused: not sure where there at. No sir no donuts in the truck. Pretty much stayed close to the woodstove and stayed warm:yes:. I'm with you on your assessment of the covid pandemic. Something smells mighty fishy about the whole thing:dizzy:. Hope you and the family are well. Stay safe and healthy my friend. :givebeer:
Good morning Ray.
He was off yesterday so he said he was doing good lol. No donuts, I don't like that, and Lee may not either lol.
I've been burning quite a bit of wood the last week or so, but it looks like I'll have plenty of extra left from this yrs wood stash. I have 11 rows for the yr and I'm working on the 4th, once I get the 4th and part of the 5th done I can start refilling that side for three seasons out. Nice to be ahead on wood.
I have my opinions for sure on this "c19" crap, but most think I'm a conspiracy theorist, I accept that as I've been called much worse ;). We're doing great, more people over than ever before and making many new friends, we're super spreaders :nofunny:. People are so done with this crap and want to get on with their lives, even if that means there's a chance of dying, pretty sure we take that chance every day anyway. Nice stat since we are taking about things that go bang in here, the chance of dying from the China flu is the same as someone who owns a thing that goes boom dying because of getting shot. 16 per 100k. The percentage of people under 60 that die after testing positive is 15% of all total deaths, 94% of all who die after testing positive have on average 2.6 comorbidities, 71% of all people who tested positive for c19 said they wear a mask whenever they are in contact with people outside their home, also there are no reports of excess deaths, so what are people actually dying from, normal things in my mind. I could say more...:cry:.
Have a great day.

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning Ray.
He was off yesterday so he said he was doing good lol. No donuts, I don't like that, and Lee may not either lol.
I've been burning quite a bit of wood the last week or so, but it looks like I'll have plenty of extra left from this yrs wood stash. I have 11 rows for the yr and I'm working on the 4th, once I get the 4th and part of the 5th done I can start refilling that side for three seasons out. Nice to be ahead on wood.
I have my opinions for sure on this "c19" crap, but most think I'm a conspiracy theorist, I accept that as I've been called much worse ;). We're doing great, more people over than ever before and making many new friends, we're super spreaders :nofunny:. People are so done with this crap and want to get on with their lives, even if that means there's a chance of dying, pretty sure we take that chance every day anyway. Nice stat since we are taking about things that go bang in here, the chance of dying from the China flu is the same as someone who owns a thing that goes boom dying because of getting shot. 16 per 100k. The percentage of people under 60 that die after testing positive is 15% of all total deaths, 94% of all who die after testing positive have on average 2.6 comorbidities, 71% of all people who tested positive for c19 said they wear a mask whenever they are in contact with people outside their home, also there are no reports of excess deaths, so what are people actually dying from, normal things in my mind. I could say more...:cry:.
Have a great day.
Yes Brett! What you said

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning ASer's :drinkingcoffee: .
Some sun today and it looks like highs this week will be mid to upper 30s, which means more outdoor work. Hauling a few wheelbarrow loads of firewood, change out a wheel/tire on a trailer(flat), lay out the chicken run are a few things I can think of. Then there's the brakes on the little Honda odyssey, the back right is metal to metal, I could just let that ride I guess since its already junk lol. When I did the fronts last summer a buddy got me a deal on the parts so I bought new rotor/pads all the way around, so I already have the parts so that makes the job a bit easier. The bummer is that caliper seems to be hanging up, need to clean the slides and check that the piston is returning smooth, if not I'll be replacing the caliper too.
Have a good one guys.
Where's those good ole days of popping the pistons out, honing the cylinders, new o-rings on the pistons, new boots, bleed it and you're ready to go? The caliper itself probably isn't bad just the innards. Yeah, you can't make money on those little parts, gots ta have them big parts to charge higher prices. What's funny is that the reman places will do just what I just described and send it back out. Why can't the handyman mechanic get those parts if he wants them ?

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Where's those good ole days of popping the pistons out, honing the cylinders, new o-rings on the pistons, new boots, bleed it and you're ready to go? The caliper itself probably isn't bad just the innards. Yeah, you can't make money on those little parts, gots ta have them big parts to charge higher prices. What's funny is that the reman places will do just what I just described and send it back out. Why can't the handyman mechanic get those parts if he wants them ?
I agree. Rebuilt a good number of front calipers and wheel cylinders, not a hard job at all, put like you said, no money in selling smalls I guess.
Didn't get to the brakes today, changing a tire took a lot of my time. This is a trailer I bought a couple months ago so I've not worked on it except fixing the support dolly. Ends up the lug nuts/lugs were real rusty and needed heat to come off, then I put the new wheel on the hub and got all the lug nuts started and about half tight and realized the spare that I got with the trailer had a different offset than the trailer needs so the wheel was rubbing :rare2:. Pulled it back off and put my bad tire back on. I'll need to find another tired have it mounted on that rim, or find another rim/tire to put on it. Many times I just find a whole set of wheels and tires and then keep the extras as spares.
That little heater/rocket stove sounds like it's kicking butt for you, better than what happened to me getting my butt kicked by a rim :laugh:.

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good evening guys.
Managed to get a couple of things scratched off the list and added a couple new things, there's a reason why when Jesus died he said "it is finished", it ain't over til it's over :).
Gotta run to the store and ship out the 372xpw, nice looker for sure, been a while since I had it all cleaned off.
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 5.38.53 PM.png

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
That little 22 mag seems to be doing a great job.
I'll usually take a couple shots and if I know I was doing my job right I make large adjustments. I'm not the best shot on targets that aren't moving or live as I'm more of an instinct shooter, but you still need to be familiar with the specific gun your shooting. When I got my 45edc pistoool I took two shots with it, both were left a little at 15yards, works for me. Many would want it right on, if I'm an inch off at 15 I think everything will be just fine if it's needed. I've put a few more thru the tube since then :). Funny when I took it out the second time I was right on the money at 15, then I remembered I was shooting it left handed the first two shots:laughing:, works for me lol.
This is the one I just did a basic dial in of the scope on. Hopefully I can get it set for 100 by this weekend. I also want to get a different charging handle, it's just a bit tight, especially with gloves on.
View attachment 881824
Howdy Brett. Ok since we're talking about shooting, I have to pat myself on the back for a 5 shot group I shot with my sons 7.62x51. It's an Aero Precision with a Vortex 4x15. I was pretty proud that these 65 year old eyes can still shoot a decent group every now and then. I know this is nothing special for what some folks shoot but not bad for an old fart. This was in Sept therefore the green grass and trees. Take care all and stay safe and healthy :givebeer:
Screenshot_20210113-095540_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210113-095536_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210113-183820_Gallery.jpg

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Howdy Brett. Ok since we're talking about shooting, I have to pat myself on the back for a 5 shot group I shot with my sons 7.62x51. It's an Aero Precision with a Vortex 4x15. I was pretty proud that these 65 year old eyes can still shoot a decent group every now and then. I know this is nothing special for what some folks shoot but not bad for an old fart. This was in Sept therefore the green grass and trees. Take care all and stay safe and healthy :givebeer:
View attachment 882150 View attachment 882151 View attachment 882152
Very nice.
I'm not very good at shooting rifles like that, I'd be proud too.
I just missed a nice Aero Precision upper :rare2:, not long and another nice one will come along :).

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
32F/0C up to 40F/4C with some precipitation promised for tonight. Annual visit with the Cardiologist today. They'll hook put all those sticky pads with the electrodes on me and determine that I'm still alive (or this is all an illusion). They'll tell me to exercise and lose weight so that I'll live longer. Why don't they just tell me that I'm fat and out of shape? Make it a good one everybody.
1610621135402.png 1610621159416.png