ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 28 f heading to 31 f with mostly cloudy today . Finished splitting and piling the free hardwood , tarped for the winter in the wood prep area . Had a nice chat with my buddy and his wifey yesterday . He lives on the Quebec Border so only makes it up once a year . The current pending lockdowns will effect any further travel most likely for him , until this pandemic is behinds us . He called late last night , that he had made it home safely . Cleaning some small engine carbs today in the ultrasonic cleaner for another buddy in the garage . Some light flurries later this afternoon forecasted . Have a Great Day ! :drinkingcoffee:

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning crew :drinkingcoffee:.
Last night some friends swung by, when I walked them out, to my surprise it was raining. I didn't know it was supposed to be raining, looked at the weather and it said it was 37 out :havingarest:.Currently it's 32 out heading to 40 :oops:. I'll see what else I can get done outside without getting to muddy, I guess this is our January thaw.
Have a great day guys.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning and so far seems it will be for the rest of its duration. up at the crack of dawn. coldish and crisp out on my woodpile trek. a clear sky to match. both morning fire and :drinkingcoffee: going strong... me in pursuit! lol ;) 44f out. suppose to see 70f today. bike riding weather. 1610632657955.png mite get in some pine needle time. pine needle lady stopped by and left a doz eggs. now the no yard egg crisis is over. QB said, ' o_O she just left them... now she tells us!' i said, ' well dear :rolleyes:... nbd, its about as cold out as it is in the refer!' lol. got a bit of a color chart them eggs. dark brown, blueish green, tan and even some grocery store white ones, too. none headed to the 100 yard station... only to my fry pan! lol but i kinda like the idea and am thinking of setting up a fuax egg target station... with a golf ball. prob be closer than 100 y though ~

fresh yard eggs in yesterday...
P6250002.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Howdy Steve. Yes sir it was nice for one day. But wouldn't like dealing with it like you folks up North. Is y'alls deer season still open? All's well down this way, no complaints. Hope y'all are well also. Take care my friend and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:
"it's why we live in South Texas!" :rock:
:givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning crew :drinkingcoffee:.
Last night some friends swung by, when I walked them out, to my surprise it was raining. I didn't know it was supposed to be raining, looked at the weather and it said it was 37 out :havingarest:.Currently it's 32 out heading to 40 :oops:. I'll see what else I can get done outside without getting to muddy, I guess this is our January thaw.
Have a great day guys.
hi chipper - well, there you go! same here, too. rains gone and so the snow. but yesterday... despite all the sun down here... one burg bit NW of us... had rains! not much, but unexpected. watched a probability show last nite off my record scehd. weather was an issue. top dawg of the US weather center said, 'we can get close, and usually do, getting better all the time, but noone can fully predict the whims of Mother Nature!'

so guessers or not, as predictors... running a real tight show! well, imo... :popcorn2:

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning guy's

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Late archery and flintlock till Saturday. Didn't see any deer this morning. Guess I need to clean the window in the shop. :laughing: Sunrise came quick this morning so I am out cutting wood.:cheers:

"Guess I need to clean the window in the shop"
///////// 1610633516791.png

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper - well, there you go! same here, too. rains gone and so the snow. but yesterday... despite all the sun down here... one burg bit NW of us... had rains! not much, but unexpected. watched a probability show last nite off my record scehd. weather was an issue. top dawg of the US weather center said, 'we can get close, and usually do, getting better all the time, but noone can fully predict the whims of Mother Nature!'

so guessers or not, as predictors... running a real tight show! well, imo... :popcorn2:
Good morning BL.
Yep, the weather is like a box of chocolates lol.
That's why the weather rock always works.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning ASer's :drinkingcoffee: . Some sun today and it looks like highs this week will be mid to upper 30s, which means more outdoor work. Hauling a few wheelbarrow loads of firewood, change out a wheel/tire on a trailer(flat), lay out the chicken run are a few things I can think of. Then there's the brakes on the little Honda odyssey, the back right is metal to metal, I could just let that ride I guess since its already junk lol. When I did the fronts last summer a buddy got me a deal on the parts so I bought new rotor/pads all the way around, so I already have the parts so that makes the job a bit easier. The bummer is that caliper seems to be hanging up, need to clean the slides and check that the piston is returning smooth, if not I'll be replacing the caliper too. Have a good one guys.
hi chipper, hope that is not an outside job! maybe u got your new heated shop finished?... :)

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper, hope that is not an outside job! maybe u got your new heated shop finished?... :)
No garage here yet. I opted out of building it this spring with everything going on with this c19 scare. I needed the cash to make it thru, glad I waited from a financial standpoint, but a garage would be nice.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I have my opinions for sure on this "c19" crap, but most think I'm a conspiracy theorist, I accept that as I've been called much worse ;). We're doing great, more people over than ever before and making many new friends, we're super spreaders :nofunny:. People are so done with this crap and want to get on with their lives, even if that means there's a chance of dying, pretty sure we take that chance every day anyway. Nice stat since we are taking about things that go bang in here, the chance of dying from the China flu is the same as someone who owns a thing that goes boom dying because of getting shot. 16 per 100k. The percentage of people under 60 that die after testing positive is 15% of all total deaths, 94% of all who die after testing positive have on average 2.6 comorbidities, 71% of all people who tested positive for c19 said they wear a mask whenever they are in contact with people outside their home, also there are no reports of excess deaths, so what are people actually dying from, normal things in my mind. I could say more...:cry:.Have a great day.
well, at least so far... one is entitled to their opinions. however, come January 20th... that might change! ~

this morning on 7 am news... had an arial shot on c19 'get ur shots center.' huge affair, very large parking lot. oodles of lines and lane definition cones... and tents galore! i am guessing those are the triage centers. lol no cars, no truck, no vehicles using... just a steady line of walk up's ~

c-19 and DC, etc.... hardly news as in whatz news these days?

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Where's those good ole days of popping the pistons out, honing the cylinders, new o-rings on the pistons, new boots, bleed it and you're ready to go? The caliper itself probably isn't bad just the innards. Yeah, you can't make money on those little parts, gots ta have them big parts to charge higher prices. What's funny is that the reman places will do just what I just described and send it back out. Why can't the handyman mechanic get those parts if he wants them ?
been there, done that! and once completed, bled and tested...spongy brakes gone! :cool:
1610635207093.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Howdy Brett. Ok since we're talking about shooting, I have to pat myself on the back for a 5 shot group I shot with my sons 7.62x51. It's an Aero Precision with a Vortex 4x15. I was pretty proud that these 65 year old eyes can still shoot a decent group every now and then. I know this is nothing special for what some folks shoot but not bad for an old fart. This was in Sept therefore the green grass and trees. Take care all and stay safe and healthy :givebeer:
View attachment 882150 View attachment 882151 View attachment 882152
i didn't think that group was a break barrel springer set up. lol ;)