ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 10° at chores time this AM, currently 14°, wow, a heat wave. Sunny and windy with neg wind chill temps. I only have to go out twice more today, maybe 3 times if the mail shows up. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is down to the dregs. Biologics now completed, whew, close call. If you ever have your gallbladder removed, you'll soon know what I mean. It looks like I need to go buy a pop rivet gun and some rivets. The pellet hopper I'm trying to fabricate out of 28 ga. sheet metal does not take the electric welding rod too good and brazing just warps the metal. I don't have any other means of welding at my disposal so rivets it is. The hopper won't get hot so rivets are just fine. I'll just have to drill a bunch of holes is all. Play safe out there.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 10° at chores time this AM, currently 14°, wow, a heat wave. Sunny and windy with neg wind chill temps. I only have to go out twice more today, maybe 3 times if the mail shows up. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is down to the dregs. Biologics now completed, whew, close call. If you ever have your gallbladder removed, you'll soon know what I mean. It looks like I need to go buy a pop rivet gun and some rivets. The pellet hopper I'm trying to fabricate out of 28 ga. sheet metal does not take the electric welding rod too good and brazing just warps the metal. I don't have any other means of welding at my disposal so rivets it is. The hopper won't get hot so rivets are just fine. I'll just have to drill a bunch of holes is all. Play safe out there.
I forget the correct # of the number bit for 1/8" pop rivets. 1/8" bit is too tight for ease, while the number bit is just over .125" & the pop rivet fills the opening from it's own expansion. One to remember lol

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
I forget the correct # of the number bit for 1/8" pop rivets. 1/8" bit is too tight for ease, while the number bit is just over .125" & the pop rivet fills the opening from it's own expansion. One to remember lol
I have a box of numbered, lettered and fractional bits. I probably have the correct one in there somewhere. Thanks for the reminder.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guy's View attachment 884255 picked this up yesterday ruger wrangler they are still 189.00 the price hasn't went up for them here.
The kids in the family are getting into shooting
I only have semi auto .22s
This will slow them down some
Ammos scarce.
Found some of my favorite cast bullets a local outfit makes
Good stuff very consistent quality and accuracy
I ordered some .45 230gr
But they are months behind on orders.
Nice looking little revolver Dave.
I saw a 1911 22lr on one of the other forums I'm on for sale. It came with like 5 or 6 mags, extra set of grips, and a couple hundred rounds, unfortunately it was $550, I like the price you got yours for better :).

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
:cold:
think i'd opt for the 8" snow over at FS's.....
I like snow too, much nicer than the bitter temps, but so far the temps have been pretty high so far, it was cold earlier though.
We have a little snow on top of the last plowing I did, I may grade it out where it's rutted, but not even enough to remove any. Hopefully we'll get a bunch before spring :).

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Hi Steve,,,
Yep it was, I got back by 6:00.... got a load of locust in for the weekend...If the power goes out again, at least I'll be warm!!!
Be safe,,,
That locust will keep the house warm.
Last night I loaded the stove, since it was pretty cool out the draw was very strong, within about half hr the stove temp was steady at 700 :blob2:.
Gotta like that locust.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
View attachment 884279

^ Linda, at the Grand Rapids, Mi. Sweetie-licious Bakery, which will be closing its door in February. The closing is due solely to the lockdowns.
Illinois is now allowing 50% restaurant capacity in-door dining with the usual introvert distancing. And so soon after Mr. B's inauguration!
:laugh:
:dizzy:

Good morn all.
Very sad, I can't believe what they are doing to our economy.
So new news in the c19 plandemic; the WHO is changing the standard for diagnosing who has covid. They are basically changing from the highly magnified PCR test, around 42 times(even dr Fauci said anything over 25 is subject to a lot of false positives :nofunny:), to a lower magnification(not sure how many times). Also instead of being able to say that someone is covid positive because they were around someone who has had it and has symptoms without testing, that you have to test positive and have symptoms, so now they are using what has always been the standard:buttkick:. So now the c19 will start to disappear, wonder what the new:crazy2: will be to take our mind off what they are doing, oh wait impeachment, that will distract them for a bit, and we can start opening things back up, that will make people look the other way.
As you said, how interesting the timing of all this is.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - more wetness. battling a cold front moving S and a warm front moving N! an occulded? big storms in forecast for San Antone. 62f here now. 73ish later on. 1611491431646.png tomorrow, too. still dark out, can't even see the fence across the yard. got in a nice bike ride yesterday, but had coat and wollie vest on. out of contact cement. so got a qt at lowes. 32 oz. all tins dented! [wtf?] took one that seal looked ok. A-z was $5 more, so i went with the local L. walked thru their fall crops section. nice offerings. some nice looking calif, brussels, and spinich. + plenty more, too. dint see no broc. some had 6 nice sets @ $3.98. i remember when they had them 6 for 99-cents! bit smaller, but then... that's what the garden is for. and had some well, imo... puny tomato plants at $3.98, too. :rolleyes: but... i did see numerous crates of onion sets. and... 1015Y's. $3.98. 40 count. i decided to go for it. 75 days to maturity. hmm, Jan, all of Feb... March still cool... and i have room. mite make some, worth a try i thot! but no time to doodle! so came home, and hilled them up in a nice flat of compost and watered in. 20 each side. and still had a bundle. potted them up too. compost. i guess for the $3.98... i got about 100 onion sets! :cool: $14.00 for similar from Tx onion supplier...
1611491205435.png
and we picked some green tomatoes and couple with color. for dinner had a swell plate of fried green tomatoes! yum!!
1611491315149.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
swell breakfast. fun kp time. tasty. got several of these non-slip fry pans. they tend to go convex when heated. :dumb2: sometimes i just use the steel fajita pan, concave. so eggs center. but with some attention... the bigger gold one, eggs only, i can get by. often just go SSU. so yolks wont break. :angry: with some care, got lucky yesterday. actually a nbd, if breaks so long as b plate is all set to so. then just slide on as.... broken yolk is one a fork stab away! :laugh:
watched a re-cord cooking show waiting for another to start. i had saved it as it had a segment on fry pans. and one of the things they were after was ease of release and use for eggs. guess they had 10 or so. mostly 12". finally they had a segment. a 12" that cost $39.95. we ck'd A-z... they had it. and one set of same 2 ncluded. 8" and 10". same price. so we ordered it. no like?, free returns... who knows?, mite be the pan i am looking for! :)

1611491919741.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 24*/clear. Happy National Peanut Butter day. Grocery run this morning and then off to a guys place to cut more ash. He already has it pulled out to the edge of his yard so just cut and load. Have a great day all. FS. View attachment 884473 View attachment 884474
no shortage of ways to enjoy! sammies, cookies, with choco and even ice cream, too! or just dip the knife into the jar for a dop! and enjoy!
need more at one time? spoon can be even better! don't ask me how i know all this... lol ;)
1611492561659.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
that's what Rosie said back in 1937 when she got back from lunch at the Boeing Company in Seattle... she was on the B-17 line. they made 35 for initial fleet testing and review...
1611493404234.png