ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I like snow too, much nicer than the bitter temps, but so far the temps have been pretty high so far, it was cold earlier though.
We have a little snow on top of the last plowing I did, I may grade it out where it's rutted, but not even enough to remove any. Hopefully we'll get a bunch before spring :).
hi chipper - snow on the ground and 12f! i can hear the crunching of each step as my boots make a path or walk across...
1611494730833.png

in case anyone wanted to know:

" When you step on colder snow, the crystals rub against each other and also break, making that familiar squeaking sound.
Around 14 degrees Fahrenheit seems to the dividing line between squeaky and non-squeaky snow. "

[scroll down a bit, hit 'play'] crunch crunch.... brrr......:cold:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
That locust will keep the house warm. Last night I loaded the stove, since it was pretty cool out the draw was very strong, within about half hr the stove temp was steady at 700 :blob2:. Gotta like that locust.
yesterday, i turned on the a/c! o_O yep! and this moring at wake-up... hse bit chilly... so i pushed to button to other side. HEAT... and added a degree...
Gotta like that CH&A!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Very sad, I can't believe what they are doing to our economy. So new news in the c19 plandemic;
on the news last nite, china i think it was... cameras all over the place of course, and covid apps! to get on public transportation, for example... the rider has to have stored data that they are covid free... have been and currently are healthy... and they have to hold their fone up to the icon in place at front of transportation and click it. if it registers and agreement, the rider can get on... can we be far behind?
wanna cut firewood - click the covid app
wanna go outside - click the covid app
wanna start ur truck - click the covid app
wanna get fuel - click the covid app
wanna shop grocery - click the covid app
1611496216815.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
almost time for Sunday Morning tv show. i dont have much % on my re-cord left. lol. need to watch some stuff. but, one for the road... they had a bit on morning news tv on covid sheltering and adding to scale's readings. offered several suggestions to reverse amping up... i like this one, too
zzzzxst.JPG

have a nice day.

'over n out!'

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
I like snow too, much nicer than the bitter temps, but so far the temps have been pretty high so far, it was cold earlier though.
We have a little snow on top of the last plowing I did, I may grade it out where it's rutted, but not even enough to remove any. Hopefully we'll get a bunch before spring :).
Yeah with the thermal cycles the ruts and potholes become annoying , Iam fortunate with the JD Backhoe I can easily remove them , when the diesel plow truck cannot . Rather cold here lately , with more to come ! lol. ;)

Broken

Broken

Morning folks ! 18 f heading to 28 f with partly cloudy ! Heading to the garage for some routine maintenance of the snowblowers . General belt tension and lubrication of pulleys and linkages . Smoking some fresh King Salmon a buddy dropped off yesterday along with some Alder Venision sticks for my Daughter & husband . Have a great Sunday , be safe ! :drinkingcoffee:

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
on the news last nite, china i think it was... cameras all over the place of course, and covid apps! to get on public transportation, for example... the rider has to have stored data that they are covid free... have been and currently are healthy... and they have to hold their fone up to the icon in place at front of transportation and click it. if it registers and agreement, the rider can get on... can we be far behind?
wanna cut firewood - click the covid app
wanna go outside - click the covid app
wanna start ur truck - click the covid app
wanna get fuel - click the covid app
wanna shop grocery - click the covid app
View attachment 884509
Sorry I don't carry a cell phone.

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin' folks. This Sunday morning I'm doing paperwork in the office. Normally, I like the quiet, allowing me to focus on work. This morning I stumbled across an upload on youtube of a Def Leppard album I have not heard in probably 30 years.

While listening to it in teh background, I catch myself signing to the lyrics. How is it I can remember lyrics from +30 yrs ago yet can't remember which cupboard the coffee mugs are in? Maybe this post belongs in the WTF thread. :)

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
Mornin' folks. This Sunday morning I'm doing paperwork in the office. Normally, I like the quiet, allowing me to focus on work. This morning I stumbled across an upload on youtube of a Def Leppard album I have not heard in probably 30 years.

While listening to it in teh background, I catch myself signing to the lyrics. How is it I can remember lyrics from +30 yrs ago yet can't remember which cupboard the coffee mugs are in? Maybe this post belongs in the WTF thread. :)
The album is like their greatest hits album.

Broken

Broken

:) While I am a life long customer of Crown Royal, I jsut cannot bring myself to drinking their flavoured concoctions. Their apple flavour is the worst.
Crown Royal Reserve (black label) is my favorite . The girly flavours are exactly "that" concoctions ! lol.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Very sad, I can't believe what they are doing to our economy.
So new news in the c19 plandemic; the WHO is changing the standard for diagnosing who has covid. They are basically changing from the highly magnified PCR test, around 42 times(even dr Fauci said anything over 25 is subject to a lot of false positives :nofunny:), to a lower magnification(not sure how many times). Also instead of being able to say that someone is covid positive because they were around someone who has had it and has symptoms without testing, that you have to test positive and have symptoms, so now they are using what has always been the standard:buttkick:. So now the c19 will start to disappear, wonder what the new:crazy2: will be to take our mind off what they are doing, oh wait impeachment, that will distract them for a bit, and we can start opening things back up, that will make people look the other way.
As you said, how interesting the timing of all this is.
Impeaching a former prez. Is that even legal/possible?
He's a private citizen now.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 0° :cold:at chores time and sunny. 10° at the moment and skyrocketing all the way up to 20° maybe. New thermostat in the chicken coop works. It came on last night before the 11 PM check-in. I was concerned about it because I hadn't seen it work all last week but it was on last night and still this morning. I can check back when it gets to 20° and see if it has turned off the heat lamp. My rooster has a large nice bright red comb and it would be a shame if it got frostbitten. He might lose his charm with the ladies or get depressed and not perform his duties :muscle:.
rooster.jpg
As it is, I probably won't get many eggs today because of the temps. As long as they don't freeze their butts off, I'll be happy. Low nighttime temps forecast for the rest of the week so the electric bill is going to jump again this month. Heat lamps for the chickens, heating pads for the old folks, more wood for the boiler and longer run times. One month down and two to go. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Impeaching a former prez. Is that even legal/possible?
He's a private citizen now.
that's how i see it, too! but... on SM this morning they had a bit on and were talking about such nonsense as if it was a forgone conclusion...
and added: the trial to start in early February ~