ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
Morning, 25° sun possible
BLUE SKYS HERE BUT COLD. 20 WITH WC 10. NOT TO THRILLED ABOUT BUCKING LOGS IN THIS WEATHER, BUT I SIGNED UP FOR IT. GOT TO KEEP ALL THE WOODSTOVES, FIREPLACES, AND OWB GOING.
STAY WARM GOOD FOLKS...AND BE SAFE.
ITS BACK TO DEATH VALLEY FOR ME. ALOHA...

cheeves

cheeves

Tree Freak
Good morning.31*/cloudy. Happy Irish Coffee day to all you leprechauns out there. A little late posting this morning as I had to play plumber under the kitchen sink. :mad: Seem the sprayer hose developed a leak. Wasn't a duct tape,baler twine kind of fix. ;) I'm a little smarter than the boss wants to admit and had a brand new hose in stock and ready to go. :rock2: Have a great day men.FS.
JUST FIXED MINE SAT. LOL

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yeah with the thermal cycles the ruts and potholes become annoying , Iam fortunate with the JD Backhoe I can easily remove them , when the diesel plow truck cannot . Rather cold here lately , with more to come ! lol. ;)
we are in them now. above ave temps here! 30 degrees warmer than a few days ago. was surprised yesterday for bike ride... T-shirt weather...

'pot holes!' in Houston Texas... yes, more to come! see new ones almost daily. lol

pot holes and too much construction. bldgs and roadways...

:drinkingcoffee:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
24 out now heading to 36, snow is supposed to be here tonight.
The house is up to 69 degrees, it was at 50 when we got home from ohio yesterday. We left the house Saturday morning, so no heat "on" from sat morning til we got back last night, not bad I'd say, should be up to 72 in a couple hrs :havingarest:.
Bunch of company tonight so I need to get the house cleaned up a bit after school with the kids.
Have a great day.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 18 f heading to 28 f with partly cloudy ! Heading to the garage for some routine maintenance of the snowblowers . General belt tension and lubrication of pulleys and linkages . Smoking some fresh King Salmon a buddy dropped off yesterday along with some Alder Venision sticks for my Daughter & husband . Have a great Sunday , be safe ! :drinkingcoffee:
hi B save some for me, please! :) :yes: several good sources down here for salmon! i do like salmon!! "mucho". smoked or poached. Sam's has a real nice side the offer in the meats section of store. always fresh, never frozen... about 3-4# filleted side. skin on. runs about $20/pkg. next time i am in mood to OD on salmon, will get one. 1/2 for poaching... 1/2 for smoking. with Alder...few mins in pan to poach, 4 hrs or so to smoke.\
Sam's fresh salmon. $5 and some change/#
1611584057252.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning 26° they say snow but its not.
tv weather showed a huge weather movement upwards your way and to the E... loads of snow in lower section of it... and lots for states passing over. heavy snow made the Sun eve 5 pm National News. btw, did u see any?

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 0° :cold:at chores time and sunny. 10° at the moment and skyrocketing all the way up to 20° maybe. New thermostat in the chicken coop works. It came on last night before the 11 PM check-in. I was concerned about it because I hadn't seen it work all last week but it was on last night and still this morning. I can check back when it gets to 20° and see if it has turned off the heat lamp. My rooster has a large nice bright red comb and it would be a shame if it got frostbitten. He might lose his charm with the ladies or get depressed and not perform his duties :muscle:.
View attachment 884533
As it is, I probably won't get many eggs today because of the temps. As long as they don't freeze their butts off, I'll be happy. Low nighttime temps forecast for the rest of the week so the electric bill is going to jump again this month. Heat lamps for the chickens, heating pads for the old folks, more wood for the boiler and longer run times. One month down and two to go. Play safe out there.
hi dj - sounds like a delicate situation as to temps! i know my local yard egg sources dry up in the colder months... in warmer they say to me, 'u sure u dont want some more?' lol. glad u got it staying warm for all concerned...
:cheers:

.................happy roosters matter!
1611582960812.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
24 out now heading to 36, snow is supposed to be here tonight.
The house is up to 69 degrees, it was at 50 when we got home from ohio yesterday. We left the house Saturday morning, so no heat "on" from sat morning til we got back last night, not bad I'd say, should be up to 72 in a couple hrs :havingarest:.
Bunch of company tonight so I need to get the house cleaned up a bit after school with the kids.
Have a great day.
hi chipper - did u get house warm enuff for the party? or lots guest and temps went up?...
69f too cold for me. 72f heat in winter, raise it up. 72f is summer - freezing! i would need double sweats at 69f! always laff when i think of D Proenneke up at Twin Lakes AK... and says, " good to be back home again, and inside where it is a toasty 45f! :surprised3:

:cold:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I think the testing protocols will have to evolve with all the new strains that are appearing world wide Brett . I will be so happy when this
crap is behind us all ! :rare2:
if ever! today morning news had a bit on whether or not an employer can require employees to have the cvid vaccination? the jist of it: yes they can!
shots or a new line of work...

maybe could become an independent arborist... just have the app! lol ;)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning.31*/cloudy. Happy Irish Coffee day to all you leprechauns out there. A little late posting this morning as I had to play plumber under the kitchen sink. :mad: Seem the sprayer hose developed a leak. Wasn't a duct tape,baler twine kind of fix. ;) I'm a little smarter than the boss wants to admit and had a brand new hose in stock and ready to go. :rock2: Have a great day men.FS.
make mine black... extra Irish, please.... ;)
1611585313235.png

parts on hand, good deal! ~ :yes:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning guys... 36°F and pouring rain. Weather guessers are saying it's going to do this all day. Already had an inch of rain since it started last night.

Sure glad I got that splitting finished last night... Today looks like a good day to sharpen chains, LOL:drinkingcoffee:
raining here now, too... light

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
we didn't get to smoke any salmon yesterday... or blow snow... but we did get to get rid of the many piles of pine needles and leaves. was windy, and plenty have come down in past day or so. the wet piles started to yellow the grass underside. they brought over more bins and took those filled around 9 pm. they had said later on... and we advised: current regime - lights out 10 pm! the bins were heavy, no dry stuff in them... all wet.
1611586458427.png

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, no temp this morning just nuttin', zip, nada, nix, 0° once again. It'll get up there eventually but in the mean time we must go shopping, a dastardly deed indeed. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is about gone. Wifey says our coffee stock pile is gone and we can't have that now. So it's BJ's for coffee, TSC for the chickens, Lowe's for me and Price Chopper for Wifey. Snow coming in tomorrow and I refuse to go out and play in it until it's all done. Just a light amount of 4 to 6 inches but that's the early call, We'll see what happens when it's all over and done. Play safe out there.