ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning! - 58f this morn, now 62... mid 70's for the afternoon. low humidity. some clouds out now. cooler weather soon, but the front stalled bit N of Brenham they say. must be true, Galveston 67f at 8 am! winds out of the north yesterday, today. light. 1611672795463.png very productive day yesterday, albiet bit of a b-buster! mowed entire yard with vac Snapper mostly in 1st gear... low n slow. suck up them leaves, etc. steering easier than raking! lol. now 6 full bins for PNL. and yard just this side of immaculate. well, for a couple of days. :) neighbors would walk or drive by, then slow down and ck it out. only lawn that clean... :numberone:

a before, file foto
1611673166994.png
after all the vac'g...., file foto
1611673258408.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning guys. 31*/various precipitation falling. Happy National Green Juice day. Goofing off this morning before I take the boss to the eye doctor. Beer stop while I'm out. Have a good one.FS.
View attachment 885036
never have celebrated it! :nofunny: actually, had to look it up - i had wondered why so many had karts in veg section full up other day at store...
1611673976657.png
get out those food processors and osterizers... lol ;)
my green juice for the day::givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
25F/-4C up to 30F/-1C and the weather dogs came in with snow on them. They closed school so more to come than the dusting we've had so far? I don't remember moving to Mississippi after all. Doctor appointment, then maybe chase down a couple of tires for my sons truck. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 885038
here's one from the 'No Joke! Dept....'

so this morning, as I am just about to go boot up the Ck-In thread, :drinkingcoffee: in hand... the tv newslady announces... the up-coming news piece. and i quote:

" when we return we will have some advice on your anal Doctor visit..."

o_O really?? omg :rolleyes:

so i expect to see the screen banner say something about seeing your Proc Doc...

and when the banner comes up reads.... " Tips For Your Annual Doctor Visit With Dr..... "

lol, had to chuckle! nope, you cant make this stuff up!

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, Wifey says it's 8° at chores time and cloudy. Yep, she's right and the prognosticators are now calling for up to 8" of white crap this afternoon into tomorrow morning. We'll know more when it's done. Animals are fed and watered, bacon and eggs for us humanoids along with coffee, juice and fruit. I feel well stuffed and content for the time being. Had to run out and start the truck this morning, it hasn't run very much in the past month and the remote start didn't want to do it's job. It does work, just not on a frozen piece of cast iron and steel. Might go work on the rocket stove hopper today. Picked up a rivet gun and rivets to put it together yesterday. Also need to cut a 12' pallet in half and remove it from the woodshed. It's too big to easily handle by myself but if it were half as big I don't see a problem. Just have to cut a 2 x 4 to fill up the one end. I think I have some wood around here someplace. Oh yes, and fill up the snow blower. I can see a use for that soon. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Nah, they have one is Saratoga. All the stores we need to hit are within a 3/4 mile circle.
oic, looks like runs in league of Sam's, but maybe more local. but i see... big business!! 216 stores vs Sam's 598. today's Sams visit was within 3-4 feet... out the front door on porch! paper towels box. Free Delivery. outside with sweats bottoms... could feel the chilly 62f air...

hope you got your coffee... :) i mean what would the Ck-In thread be... w/o some swell fresh :drinkingcoffee:

16" over 2 days... yikes! :baba:

hoping your projects go well there. too dj....

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, Wifey says it's 8° at chores time and cloudy. Yep, she's right and the prognosticators are now calling for up to 8" of white crap this afternoon into tomorrow morning. We'll know more when it's done. Animals are fed and watered, bacon and eggs for us humanoids along with coffee, juice and fruit. I feel well stuffed and content for the time being. Had to run out and start the truck this morning, it hasn't run very much in the past month and the remote start didn't want to do it's job. It does work, just not on a frozen piece of cast iron and steel. Might go work on the rocket stove hopper today. Picked up a rivet gun and rivets to put it together yesterday. Also need to cut a 12' pallet in half and remove it from the woodshed. It's too big to easily handle by myself but if it were half as big I don't see a problem. Just have to cut a 2 x 4 to fill up the one end. I think I have some wood around here someplace. Oh yes, and fill up the snow blower. I can see a use for that soon. Play safe out there.
frozen cast iron and steel! :cold: yikes... the bacon and eggs sounds great. might have to try some down here, too. got in the new OXO Good Grip fry pans late yesterday... want to ck them out! :yes:
zzzzxnnp.jpg zzzzxnp.jpg zzzzxnpp.jpg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good afternoon everyone. Listening to Cuomo and his live briefing, what a joke. Looks like we need to all live up to the model he's set, then the lieutenant gov, had such a nice way of kissing his but. I found it of great value to know that Cuomo said that once Washington sends money that they are ready to "build back better" :nofunny:.
Sure is great that all these dem governors are starting to open things back up, sound like Joe has really got a handle on things.
5:20 the hypocrisy begins :buttkick:.
zzzzxrd.jpeg