ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
Got a couple to a few inches overnight, will have to go remove snow off the weather rock in a few lol.
No big plans today, but with the snow still coming down lightly I'm sure I will have enough to do there for a bit, then maybe list a snowblower or two on Craigslist today, need more ammo cash :cool:.
Have a good one.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
I think the testing protocols will have to evolve with all the new strains that are appearing world wide Brett . I will be so happy when this
crap is behind us all !
Good afternoon.
Pretty sure that it getting behind us isn't in the long term plan.
I believe they are getting a lot of pushback right now on a local level so they are pulling back for a time, but they will turn the heat up again.
The salmon came out very nice , 15 lbs . The venison sticks got picked up about a hour ago by a friend (Courier) for shipping to my daughter in Michigan's UP . The new Smoker & Grill set up in the garage is paying off ! lol.
That sounds so good :sweet:.
Heck a garage would be a nice addition here :).
Morning folks ! 22 f heading to 25 f with partly cloudy skies ! Recieved another load of oak logs from the city (hydro line take down) last nite . Firing up the new 7910 XD this morning and bucking up some rather large logs that appear 28"to 32" diameter from the light of the moon lol. Have a productive day !
:drinkingcoffee:
How you liking the 7910, what bar are you running on it.
I have this video copied, and just shared it in the scrounging wood thread, you may enjoy it though.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper - did u get house warm enuff for the party? or lots guest and temps went up?...
69f too cold for me. 72f heat in winter, raise it up. 72f is summer - freezing! i would need double sweats at 69f! always laff when i think of D Proenneke up at Twin Lakes AK... and says, " good to be back home again, and inside where it is a toasty 45f!

:cold:
Plenty warm thanks :havingarest:. It was up to 75 for a bit, bunch of bodies surely warms it up in here, need to be careful or you will need to open a window or even the front door. I didn't start a fire again until 10pm, at 10:30 this morning I reloaded the stove off those coals and it had gotten down to 69 or so. It's now at 72 and a nice bed of coals since I only put 5 small to medium size splits in so I didn't blast us out. Around 3 I'll load it up full with shorter splits, then tonight around 10-11 depending on how it burns down I'll fill it again.
Heading out to play in the snow :hi:.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Its comfortable
You keep the heat.
thanks! will do... 74f now. sunny. this noon on news said over 50% of the country woke up to miserable weather this morn!! snow, ice and rains. accidents galore. one spectacular... in Utah... sunny day. mountain scene and road. 2 lane. tan truck starts a 90. x the center... hits white suv oncoming... over the side goes the suv perp to roadway and down the mtn revine... tan truck following, high in the air.. bellowing gobs of black smoke!

no doubt a diesel and doubt it liked getting hit front end. 4 injured! down the mountain revine... moments earlier all well on the roadway! yikes.

then here, too. several. last nite by me down on the freeway... car smashes into and under A-z delivery 18-wheeler trailer. smashed up to w/s. how does such happen? beyond me...

22 and comfortable. i have heard such temps up in AK 22-25f and sunny after real cold can be... shirt-sleeve weather... and comfortable!

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
@Buckshot00 were you able to find your ammo.
Still gotta list my snowblower so I can buy some more, that or get my 600 welfare check lol.
I did run the snowblower a bunch today, so did my boy, he likes it.
The snow finally let up, the neighbor and I even saw a mature bald eagle flying not far above the trees today.
He filmed me running it.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
20F/-7C up to 27F/-3C and dry today. Should be able to finish painting the utility room today. Then I can install the furnace and get some real heat back on in the project house. The electric heater only adds a few degrees into the back part of the house. Makes it about 45 or so, might fire up the kerosene heater today for a little more comfort. Make it a good one everybody.
1611748255759.png

Buckshot00
@Buckshot00 were you able to find your ammo.
Still gotta list my snowblower so I can buy some more, that or get my 600 welfare check lol.
I did run the snowblower a bunch today, so did my boy, he likes it.
The snow finally let up, the neighbor and I even saw a mature bald eagle flying not far above the trees today.
He filmed me running it.
I asked the guy over the counter for some 7.62 x 54. He gave me one box. I got home and noticed it was 8 x 57. :nofunny:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - fresh day, fresh :drinkingcoffee:54f out. mid sixties. cooler temps for a few days. more 1611751420699.png no rains, dry air and northerly winds mite be bit brisk. forecasting heavy snows for N Calif in off the Pacific and also snow for much of Mo, too. pine needle bins gone. came late. i had turned in. not too heavy. more stuff starting to fall... just how it is. rains one day, branches and twigs the next... pine needles 365! ~

read online walking is the best form of exercise. maybe so, that's what they are doing up at space station today. first 2021 space walk. hope they don't plan to walk home... lol :rolleyes:

got to try out my new fry pans. i am very happy with them. made up a swell inside lumberjack's grub stake! features i like in new fry pan: spl design and non-stick, German engineered. HD thick mass pan base. holds heat uniformly. cool handle system. spl finger fulcrum point to help balance. did not go convex cooking side. fried up some bacon, saved couple for a BLT today, did a wrap on last of steak fest baked pot skins. still tasty! used some of the bacon grease with them and in new fry pan with some butter. hot oils stayed uniform in pan. always worried mite bust a yolk, then what pix to post here?!... lol :rolleyes: but again up and over easy!! light in texture. running low on yard eggs, hope to get some more soon. if by chance interested in a fry pan such as these: oxo.com A-z has them. i see the 12" at $59.95, but other A-z listings say $39.95... best to surf the site. my home test foto essay:
P7070013.JPG P7070007.JPG P7070008.JPG P7070009.JPG P7070010.JPG P7070011.JPG P7070012.JPG P7070017.JPG
they even came with a phamphlet of Guidelines for use: one point, don't use metal implements with the non-stick surface! but when the Test Center tested their pans... they 1) used metal cooking tools, 2) took them outside and beat the bottoms on concrete (to simulate years of use, they said! i guess so, lol omg o_O) 3) then used sharp knife and cut food in the pan on non-stick surface! all that and more. and this pan passed! :cheers:

(workx for me! see above...)