ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
@Buckshot00 were you able to find your ammo. Still gotta list my snowblower so I can buy some more, that or get my 600 welfare check lol.
I did run the snowblower a bunch today, so did my boy, he likes it. The snow finally let up, the neighbor and I even saw a mature bald eagle flying not far above the trees today.
He filmed me running it.
swell snow blow vid, chipper! wondering - how many hp is that unit's engine? briggs, honda or? quite a stream of snow. i have never used a snow blower. guess maybe i shouldn't complain about the pine needles and leaves... lol ;)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
swell snow blow vid, chipper! wondering - how many hp is that unit's engine? briggs, honda or? quite a stream of snow. i have never used a snow blower. guess maybe i shouldn't complain about the pine needles and leaves... lol ;)
Go big or go home BL. :laughing:
20160124_083207.jpg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 33*/foggy. Happy National Chocolate Cake day. :happy: :sweet::happy: Looks like a cold snap coming the next couple of days. Gonna make sure I have all the bins filled and ready for the panic buyers. :crazy2:Have a super day all. FS.
if you ask me, there is no such thing as bad chocolate cake. only bad is an all-gone chocolate cake plate. best is rich, moist and delicious. about the best i ever had was at a HS pal's house. his mom used to make it with mayo omg... one slice was never enough! who don't like pie ala mode? but i kinda think chocolate cake and ice cream melting is just about the other side of over the top! lol :yes:
1611755284571.png

FS: 33*/foggy.

a/c yesterday afternoon for a bit... heater turned on this morning to take chill out of the air...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 33*/foggy. Happy National Chocolate Cake day. :happy: :sweet::happy: Looks like a cold snap coming the next couple of days. Gonna make sure I have all the bins filled and ready for the panic buyers. :crazy2:Have a super day all. FS.
weather up there can be icy! you guys in the biz got a 'captured market'! i had to chuckle other day at grocery... 3-4 firewood stix in plastic bag! :rolleyes: no doubt will be on many's shopping list. (2nd to last item)
1611756070670.png

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 20° and cloudy with lite snow showers lingering. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is almost gone. Looks like we got 6 or 7 inches of powder and I'll have to go snow blowing and plowing this morning. The town has done a good job of blocking us in so I've got to give it back to them. Once I get all cleaned up, you'll be able to set your watch on how long it takes them to plow me back in. At 1 o'clock they make their afternoon run and push it all back in on me. Maybe I should wait till then or do the mail box and driveway last. In any case it's biologics first and snow 2nd. Play safe out there.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning ASer's :drinkingcoffee:.
Cool night/morning here last night, glad the woodstove had it at 74 in here this morning :blob2:. It was down to 14 here this morning, we're up to 21 now and heading to 25. Seeing the sunrise this morning was a great sight, sure we'll see it again tomorrow morning as they are calling for 10 degrees, the skies will need to be clear for that.
Have a great day guys.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Good afternoon.
Pretty sure that it getting behind us isn't in the long term plan.
I believe they are getting a lot of pushback right now on a local level so they are pulling back for a time, but they will turn the heat up again.

That sounds so good :sweet:.
Heck a garage would be a nice addition here :).

How you liking the 7910, what bar are you running on it.
I have this video copied, and just shared it in the scrounging wood thread, you may enjoy it though.
Yeh the garage is a combination work site and man cave , 24 '× 26' wood stove with natural gas forced air furnace for back up . I have my smoker and infra red barbecue hooked up under a fume hood to outside . Beer Fridge and Big screen tv and 10' shuffleboard and dart board . The 7910 XD came with 24" Oregon versa-cut bar mounted and a xtra 28" Vera-cut bar. I have Stihl RS chain on both . I mounted the 28" bar last week due to the larger oaks logs I received from the city takedowns . I love the Dolmar over my 576 xp I sold this fall . Much more torgue . Actually it and the 5105H are my go to saws routinely . ;)

Broken

Broken

:drinkingcoffee: Morning folks ! 5 f this morning heading only to 15 f with sunny skies . Just got in from the garage . I have 2 Moose roasts and 2 Venision roasts in the smoker with a little hickory for accent for a few hrs @ 130 f . Barbecue @ 5 pm . Onion and potatoes & mushroom medley with fresh garlic ready to go on the Barbie & 4 pm . Miller Time @ 6 pm. :cheers:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Yeh the garage is a combination work site and man cave , 24 '×26' wood stove with natural gas forced air furnace for back up . I have my smoker and infra red barbecue hooked up under a fume hood to outside . Beer Fridge and Big screen tv and 10' shuffleboard and dart board . The 7910 XD came with 24" Oregon versa-cut bar mounted and a xtra 28" Vera-cut bar. I have Stihl RS chain on both . I mounted the 28" bar last week due to the larger oaks logs I received from the city takedowns . I love the Dolmar over my 576 xp I sold this fall . Much more torgue . Actually it and the 5105H are my go to saws routinely . ;)
Good morning.
That would be nice, maybe someday, doesn't seem like anytime soon though unfortunately.
I thought the 576 had just as much torque, the best thing was it was orange, then it was very smooth lol.
I just acquired another 5105 last week(iirc), it had a bent handlebar, but Tim had an extra he gave me :cheers:.
Haven't even ran the 5105H I have since late summer. I tossed a chain and it may even be sitting there with the chain just like that :oops:, I just grabbed another saw, 1st world problems right. I'm organizing/cleaning the basement and I'm almost to the saws, I'll probably "fix" the 5105h when I get there as I'll be going thru everything :dizzy:. So far I've built 4 shelves and I am in the middle of the next one and have materials here for one more, which will get all my saw gear cleaned up/organized. The last two shelves should be done this week, hoping to go thru all the saw gear my 2022 if things go well:laughing:.
Curious to know how you like the versa-cut bar, they seem like a nice cost effective alternative to the reduced weight bars as long as they hold up fairly well. I just found a 24" stihl "E" bar, they don't have the replaceable tip so they are a lot lighter than the standard pro style ES bars with the replaceable tip. I didn't even realize I had that bar, it's almost new, guess it's time to do some cleaning/organizing :innocent:.
Have a great day.

Broken

Broken

Good morning.
That would be nice, maybe someday, doesn't seem like anytime soon though unfortunately.
I thought the 576 had just as much torque, the best thing was it was orange, then it was very smooth lol.
I just acquired another 5105 last week(iirc), it had a bent handlebar, but Tim had an extra he gave me :cheers:.
Haven't even ran the 5105H I have since late summer. I tossed a chain and it may even be sitting there with the chain just like that :oops:, I just grabbed another saw, 1st world problems right. I'm organizing/cleaning the basement and I'm almost to the saws, I'll probably "fix" the 5105h when I get there as I'll be going thru everything :dizzy:. So far I've built 4 shelves and I am in the middle of the next one and have materials here for one more, which will get all my saw gear cleaned up/organized. The last two shelves should be done this week, hoping to go thru all the saw gear my 2022 if things go well:laughing:.
Curious to know how you like the versa-cut bar, they seem like a nice cost effective alternative to the reduced weight bars as long as they hold up fairly well. I just found a 24" stihl "E" bar, they don't have the replaceable tip so they are a lot lighter than the standard pro style ES bars with the replaceable tip. I didn't even realize I had that bar, it's almost new, guess it's time to do some cleaning/organizing :innocent:.
Have a great day.
Probably too soon to tell . I put a versa bar on the 5105H when I purchased from Tim . I put the stock Mikita bar on the shelf , in case I wanted oem for a resale purpose . However after 2 tanks of fuel the Dolkita was a keeper lol. I was happy the 7910 came with versa bars . The 24" was almost new & 28" was unused until last week lol. The torgue difference could be within my tuning of the saw . The Husky was a very nice saw for 3 yrs , I just found it a little heavy and unbalanced . The 7910 is about the same weight and for bucking & felling suits my needs and the price was a no brainer ! lol. You should start with a few pole barn structures Brett , that is what I have for my JD Backhoe & my RV . Cheap but effective & you can close it in later if you wish . Almost Miller Time bud ! ;)

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
The 572 feels similar to the 576 and it's also pretty smooth. The best thing about the 572 is that with the laid back cylinder you can feel the gyroscopic effect right away, when it's not running it feels like the 576, fire it up and it wants to flip to wherever you tell it to go.
Does your boy like the 346, I bought another not too long ago, I forgot I had one here I ended to put a top end on lol.
I have plans/rendering all drawn up along with my material list, just need the cash to complete it. I have enough to get it built and put concrete in it, but not to finish the inside with; electrical/lighting, insulation(on half of one 12x48 lean-to), and obviously no money for the lift/hoist :). I just need to be patient, we've been here 11 yrs now and we owe no-one anything, without either of us working I think it's better to keep some cash aside for the moment.
Here's the plans/rendering. Except no man door on the end with the doors, and the center door will be shifted to the right to about 3' from the wall. The only man door will be on the far right in the first picture entering into the lean-to.
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.19.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.21.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.21.42 PM.png

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
G' evening folks.

Stihl dealer says zero 500i 's, zilch, nada, not even on the inventory page at the distributor in Wisconsin.

About 2 inches of snow, didn't even bother dragging the Toro out.

Wind chill aided single digits today.

Hoping to get out to Sagle, Id this year, early fall, but no kids this time, just the two of us. Then a drive to Portland & Ca., before heading home