ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 20° at chores time and cloudy. Light flurries coming around at the moment, nothing to get excited about. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is down to one cup, Wifey called dibs. Got the snow blowing and plowing done yesterday and I need to make a repair on my plow. The hole on the angle plate is worn out in the straight ahead position so that it now has a 15° angle to the left. I need to make a bushing out of some flat stock and weld it in place. Another job on the todo list. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - 39f this morning. barely make 60f! cool last nite, nice fire in LR fireplace. I had cut ups some nice scrounge. no shortage of wood, cords! 1611844252803.png maybe broken clouds later. went for an extended bike ride yesterday afternoon... each time i turned into that NW wind... brrr! had T and coat on, a sweatshirt would not have been a bad idea.

they are up to it again! 6 car pile up on the I45 inbound this morning! a few cars badly banged up! :rolleyes:

the Newbie is doing well so far! so if u remember, the Speaker housed all those homeless in San Franc.... and he signed an order that the tax payers will be paying for it! 5-star hotels i am told! o_O and cut off all O&G fed subsidies... to help with domestic exploration. about the only thing i like about the guy is... he still has his NIB '67 Corvette his dad bot for him, 2nd marriage!

New Guy's 4-speed NIB '67 vette -
1611844919587.png
the 300 hp 327 roadster reported to cost NIB $5600, 78K in '16
and can't drive it too much, due to high office. VP & P.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning ASer's :drinkingcoffee:.
Cool night/morning here last night, glad the woodstove had it at 74 in here this morning :blob2:. It was down to 14 here this morning, we're up to 21 now and heading to 25. Seeing the sunrise this morning was a great sight, sure we'll see it again tomorrow morning as they are calling for 10 degrees, the skies will need to be clear for that.
Have a great day guys.
hi chipper! i think that every morning!!! lol ;)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning 28° dey say up to freezing in 4-5 hours, meanwhile View attachment 885257 which is better than thick fog all day yesterday
G'day gents
nice wood pile there, SeMoT! guess u got some of that 'and all snow across Missouri, too!' was wondering if you would... err, wood! lol any ice on the creek?

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
The 572 feels similar to the 576 and it's also pretty smooth. The best thing about the 572 is that with the laid back cylinder you can feel the gyroscopic effect right away, when it's not running it feels like the 576, fire it up and it wants to flip to wherever you tell it to go.
Does your boy like the 346, I bought another not too long ago, I forgot I had one here I ended to put a top end on lol.
I have plans/rendering all drawn up along with my material list, just need the cash to complete it. I have enough to get it built and put concrete in it, but not to finish the inside with; electrical/lighting, insulation(on half of one 12x48 lean-to), and obviously no money for the lift/hoist :). I just need to be patient, we've been here 11 yrs now and we owe no-one anything, without either of us working I think it's better to keep some cash aside for the moment.
Here's the plans/rendering. Except no man door on the end with the doors, and the center door will be shifted to the right to about 3' from the wall. The only man door will be on the far right in the first picture entering into the lean-to.
View attachment 885285 View attachment 885286 View attachment 885287
Nice , that will store all your play toys well with plenty of storage and work area left over . My are both 24'×24' , with 10'×12' barn style roller doors and a Stanley man door . They are just cold storage use for my backhoe and motor home . I store out of season toys like snow machine , side by sides and quads boat & motor , lawnmowers etc also . Nice to keep the clutter out of the main garage . They are pretty well maintenance friendly with Steel slate grey roof with 4/12 pitch for self cleaning in winter . Be patient , your dream garage looks incredible Bud ! :crazy2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
:drinkingcoffee: Morning folks ! 5 f this morning heading only to 15 f with sunny skies . Just got in from the garage . I have 2 Moose roasts and 2 Venision roasts in the smoker with a little hickory for accent for a few hrs @ 130 f . Barbecue @ 5 pm . Onion and potatoes & mushroom medley with fresh garlic ready to go on the Barbie & 4 pm . Miller Time @ 6 pm. :cheers:
while out bike riding yesterday afternoon, stopped by my neighbor's with the homeplace Texas ranch and loads of deer. he had just pulled in. we chatted a bit, then i said... 'how did all that backstrap turn out this year?' ... great! got lots, wait a minute... and you can have all you want! we like to see each year's annual take gone by yr end!' said, will stop back in a few days...
sounds encouraging!!! :givebeer: time and pan fried venison... yum

a pan of searing back strap
1611846324315.png

Broken

Broken

Good morning.
That would be nice, maybe someday, doesn't seem like anytime soon though unfortunately.
I thought the 576 had just as much torque, the best thing was it was orange, then it was very smooth lol.
I just acquired another 5105 last week(iirc), it had a bent handlebar, but Tim had an extra he gave me :cheers:.
Haven't even ran the 5105H I have since late summer. I tossed a chain and it may even be sitting there with the chain just like that :oops:, I just grabbed another saw, 1st world problems right. I'm organizing/cleaning the basement and I'm almost to the saws, I'll probably "fix" the 5105h when I get there as I'll be going thru everything :dizzy:. So far I've built 4 shelves and I am in the middle of the next one and have materials here for one more, which will get all my saw gear cleaned up/organized. The last two shelves should be done this week, hoping to go thru all the saw gear my 2022 if things go well:laughing:.
Curious to know how you like the versa-cut bar, they seem like a nice cost effective alternative to the reduced weight bars as long as they hold up fairly well. I just found a 24" stihl "E" bar, they don't have the replaceable tip so they are a lot lighter than the standard pro style ES bars with the replaceable tip. I didn't even realize I had that bar, it's almost new, guess it's time to do some cleaning/organizing :innocent:.
Have a great day.
Yeah the 572 is a much nicer handling saw then the 576 . Both are rather smooth as is the 7910 . My neighbour was after the 576 since I bought it. lol. My Son loves the 346 xp that's the problem , he may inherit it when I am gone , not a day sooner ! lol. ;)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
The 572 feels similar to the 576 and it's also pretty smooth. The best thing about the 572 is that with the laid back cylinder you can feel the gyroscopic effect right away, when it's not running it feels like the 576, fire it up and it wants to flip to wherever you tell it to go.
Does your boy like the 346, I bought another not too long ago, I forgot I had one here I ended to put a top end on lol.
I have plans/rendering all drawn up along with my material list, just need the cash to complete it. I have enough to get it built and put concrete in it, but not to finish the inside with; electrical/lighting, insulation(on half of one 12x48 lean-to), and obviously no money for the lift/hoist :). I just need to be patient, we've been here 11 yrs now and we owe no-one anything, without either of us working I think it's better to keep some cash aside for the moment.
Here's the plans/rendering. Except no man door on the end with the doors, and the center door will be shifted to the right to about 3' from the wall. The only man door will be on the far right in the first picture entering into the lean-to.
View attachment 885285 View attachment 885286 View attachment 885287
chipper is a 'true plumb and square' kinda builder! hope he can start the project soon... :cool:

Broken

Broken

:crazy2:
good morning - 39f this morning. barely make 60f! cool last nite, nice fire in LR fireplace. I had cut ups some nice scrounge. no shortage of wood, cords! View attachment 885527 maybe broken clouds later. went for an extended bike ride yesterday afternoon... each time i turned into that NW wind... brrr! had T and coat on, a sweatshirt would not have been a bad idea.

they are up to it again! 6 car pile up on the I45 inbound this morning! a few cars badly banged up! :rolleyes:

the Newbie is doing well so far! so if u remember, the Speaker housed all those homeless in San Franc.... and he signed an order that the tax payers will be paying for it! 5-star hotels i am told! o_O and cut off all O&G fed subsidies... to help with domestic exploration. about the only thing i like about the guy is... he still has his NIB '67 Corvette his dad bot for him, 2nd marriage!

New Guy's 4-speed NIB '67 vette -
View attachment 885530
the 300 hp 327 roadster reported to cost NIB $5600, 78K in '16
and can't drive it too much, due to high office. VP & P.
my buddy had a 67 roaster with 425 hp 427 Super Rat engine with electric fuel pump and 4:11 gearing , terrible fuel mileage but hell it was a rocket ship in a straight line ! :blob2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
hi FS you might have to go home, too...if your place was up in the High Sierras in Calif.! snow reports from there this morning... heavy, continuing and 60-80" from the current snow storm hitting the area. i am not even sure my snow shovel would be adequate to get mtn chains on... lol mite need something like this... to clear the driveway...
1611846972765.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning gang. 27*/ gusty. Thanks NY and Canada. Happy Blueberry Pancake day. Headin out to cut some ash this morning. Splittin later. Have a good one all. FS.
View attachment 885489
i like mine thin... butter, syrup, then rolled....

'yes, another plate will work for me! thanks....'
1611847339877.png