ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 8 f heading to 18 f with partly cloudy skies . Smoker lit again , more lake trout and Alder for the weekend . Shut off the gas fce 50 f and fired up the wood stove with some ash & maple , have the ole diesel in the garage for a grease job and "B" solenoid change out on the plow pump for the power angle . Having my last coffee & hazelnut creamer , Venision jerky and Miller Time just around the corner ! Be Safe . ;)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
19F/-7C up to 24F/-4C and dry today. Furnace installation day. I wonder how many trips to the hardware store it will take. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 885494 View attachment 885495 View attachment 885496
LOL! memory... :laugh: these youngsters here... well, sooner or later... it all comes to pass! :yes:
i'd like a dollar for the number of times i head out to get something, or do something... then stop... bit bewildered and say :wtf:

then backtrack and ... 'oh yeah!....' :rolleyes:

good one Om! ~ :rock2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
:crazy2:

my buddy had a 67 roaster with 425 hp 427 Super Rat engine with electric fuel pump and 4:11 gearing , terrible fuel mileage but hell it was a rocket ship in a straight line ! :blob2:
they were and are... awesome. neighbor up the street back home worked at The Boeing Co. one day he shows up with a brand new green 427 4-speed fastback Sport Coupe side pipes, etc! white trim on the high rise hood.
1611848053766.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 20° at chores time and cloudy. Light flurries coming around at the moment, nothing to get excited about. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is down to one cup, Wifey called dibs. Got the snow blowing and plowing done yesterday and I need to make a repair on my plow. The hole on the angle plate is worn out in the straight ahead position so that it now has a 15° angle to the left. I need to make a bushing out of some flat stock and weld it in place. Another job on the todo list. Play safe out there.
yeah - i can relate... always seems something is worn out! add me to the list....

lol :laugh: :givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
i guess my short-term memory had slighted me. had intended to plant these reds. had on counter, saw daily... they started to remind me of venison jerky! lol :rolleyes: so, had a brainstorm. digging and rooting in the spuds had not been motivating! but how about a quick plant into some compost? i liked that idea. and short-term project for short-term mems loss, with a potential for some long-term spuds to harvest. bit hard, but roots seems doable. maybe. bet would like some moisture... lol. i had to try:
P7080001.JPG P7080002.JPG P7080003.JPG

P7080004.JPG P7080005.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
P7080007.JPG

really enjoy seeing and hearing about all the snow tales. great pix! thot about all the snow and cold as i clipped off a couple of tomatoes yesterday starting to get some color... i never tire of watching the tomatoes from the garden ripen up in the kitchen. got some nice n ripe in refer... vines still got plenty... Texas fall garden - Big Beef tomatoes...

P7080006.JPG

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
nice wood pile there, SeMoT! guess u got some of that 'and all snow across Missouri, too!' was wondering if you would... err, wood! lol any ice on the creek?
No ice ON the creek. That takes several daze in the 20's. On roots n rocks along the edge where splashes land. Once sun hits that point and with temp already above freezing even those will melt
G'day gents

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good afternoon guys.
Warming up to about our high out now at 24, they say 25, it was 11 this morning so it feels :havingarest:, except no sun and 100% overcast and the wind lol. Not supposed to get quite as cold tonight.
Going to get another shelf set up today and maybe sharpen a couple chains, but I don't want to push it :).
I listed the big snowblower last night and sold it and the smaller one to a local businesses owner here in town :clap:. Now what can I spend that money on :p.
Have a great day guys.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Good afternoon guys.
Warming up to about our high out now at 24, they say 25, it was 11 this morning so it feels :havingarest:, except no sun and 100% overcast and the wind lol. Not supposed to get quite as cold tonight.
Going to get another shelf set up today and maybe sharpen a couple chains, but I don't want to push it :).
I listed the big snowblower last night and sold it and the smaller one to a local businesses owner here in town :clap:. Now what can I spend that money on :p.
Have a great day guys.
GameStop, Bitcoin or those extra masks mr F wants us to wear

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
GameStop, Bitcoin or those extra masks mr F wants us to wear
Right.
Did you see they stopped the trading on Gamestop, no different than anything else, they hate the little man getting one up on them.
I found a few great deals today, but most were meh, here's a few interesting ones.
The top two are basically new prices, the bottom one is more than what they run used any day of the week and the top handle is broken, then look at the location on the map lol.
I did however find something for sale, the price is a bit high though. Been chatting with him and there's a chance it may come here to rest for a while even so :D.
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 4.08.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 4.07.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 4.06.06 PM.png

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Right.
Did you see they stopped the trading on Gamestop, no different than anything else, they hate the little man getting one up on them.
I found a few great deals today, but most were meh, here's a few interesting ones.
The top two are basically new prices, the bottom one is more than what they run used any day of the week and the top handle is broken, then look at the location on the map lol.
I did however find something for sale, the price is a bit high though. Been chatting with him and there's a chance it may come here to rest for a while even so :D.
View attachment 885614

View attachment 885615
View attachment 885616
Got a badly tuned 017 for $65 @ auction awhile back, the ms-170, same auction, brought $125.¿ Less aggravating to buy new rather than learn tune procedure? The one I have has less use altogether than the 170 did then
G'evening

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Got a badly tuned 017 for $65 @ auction awhile back, the ms-170, same auction, brought $125.¿ Less aggravating to buy new rather than learn tune procedure? The one I have has less use altogether than the 170 did then
G'evening
Good evening Tony.
I see them for 150 quite often, but I also see them for 100-125.
Here's a brand new 170 at our local store, I'm sure I could get 10% off it, but I may have to get it from another dealer to do that lol.
They go on sale often at 179.
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.10.27 PM.png

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good evening Tony.
I see them for 150 quite often, but I also see them for 100-125.
Here's a brand new 170 at our local store, I'm sure I could get 10% off it, but I may have to get it from another dealer to do that lol.
They go on sale often at 179.
View attachment 885656
& the 1st 170 I got to trim back a white oak blo down may have been $110-120 17 or more years ago!