ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Early evening folks ! Done in the garage , chains sharpened " Walleye Smoked " & Arlo Guthrie on the Radio / CD player ! Think I will have a Black Bush and ...well maybe 2 ...and call it Supper Time ! ;)
hi B - I had not even started yet by the time you was done! hadn't really planned on it neither! but, OMG! aside from over the top tasty fare! ~ little more than just pure sugar! :blob2: and i had a bit more than maybe i should have... in almost no time BAM! i was sugar amped up! :oops: hit like a :dumb: hammer... had some chores in shop i wanted to do... guess it was about 7 pm... next thing i knew it was 1:30 am. (didn't really want to stop!) and was a bit worried about falling asleep... but managed ok. :)

in making it, i think i may have found...
1614007492908.png

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 18° at chores time and now it's snowing again. 1 to 3 to 6 inches they are calling for. And our next quesstimator is......... ? They don't know and we won't either until it's all done. I'll have to plow in any case. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and numbers are drawn for the study room, I lost. Next up, bowling paperwork and then it's back to research. I'll also have to study up on this years tax changes for the couple of people I do them for. I just happen to have some experience in doing farm taxes so I help out a neighbor and his uncle. I have the forms loaded and ready to fill, just need the info from them and we commence. It's like pulling teeth to get the info but they want to be involved in the whole process, so I wait and wait. I should of worked in a restaurant, I'm a good waiter. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yeah it’s been cold but the ice was a mess. Just the normal feedin & waitin for the ground to dry to haul some wood. How you been bl?
hi Cb - been ok thanks. all things relative. we did not loose power. next door did. whole street actually... and even though pipes locked up with ice and busted up real good at my res service on/off location... no damage. and we had water thanks to a neighbor. for a few days felt like we was living off grid! but no shortage of firewood... saw on the tv news several times... ' and we cannot find any firewood. ' some bit N of us had home temps in the 20's... ice in toilet. like one newscaster said, ' life gets bit rough with no power and no water!.... ' i had to chuckle one morning... was out in yard and noticed car had a stalactite-like icicicle hanging off bumper... solid all the way to the concrete in driveway...

sorta like this
1614008022956.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 30*/1-3" of white crap supposedly this morning. Happy National Margarita day. :cheers: Was hoping to do some cutting today but the snow may change my plans. :mad: Have a great day all. FS.
very popular down here... not quite what i like w/o the salted rim...

'cheers! ~ '
1614008506705.png

Attachments

• 1614008480573.png
    1614008480573.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 2
Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
the soonest he could schedule her in would be March 10th! :surprised3: we passed on to her our guy's #
there was a blurb on tv news yesterday, re the wintery storm and electricity issues here in Texas. theme of it was some may be getting higher electrical bills that are shocking!

interviewed a man who had signed up with one elec wholesaler reseller. got a low rate set in part no doubt... by allowing auto payment monthly. ie, direct :dumb:hammer his account! guess he din't read the small print of the contract... 'rates may fluctuate with market.'

so he suddenly notices his bank balance has taken an unexpected, unbudgeted hit... to the :guitar: tune of: $17,000.00!

$16,786.00 or thereabouts! no he says, not a bill, they took the money! bad deal for my retirement.... etc.

and said, he may have to come out of retirement and go back to work... :omg:

said, 'this is a really bad situation here!''

i guess so... yikes!

almost sounds like a bait n switch to me... hope he can get some kind of resolution. but i doubt it... :popcorn2:

southpaw

southpaw

I react 2 B Venom
hi B - I had not even started yet by the time you was done! hadn't really planned on it neither! but, OMG! aside from over the top tasty fare! ~ little more than just pure sugar! :blob2: and i had a bit more than maybe i should have... in almost no time BAM! i was sugar amped up! :oops: hit like a :dumb: hammer... had some chores in shop i wanted to do... guess it was about 7 pm... next thing i knew it was 1:30 am. (didn't really want to stop!) and was a bit worried about falling asleep... but managed ok. :)

in making it, i think i may have found...
View attachment 891184
Sounds like an insulin spike and you crashed , be careful my friend

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
there was a blurb on tv news yesterday, re the wintery storm and electricity issues here in Texas. theme of it was some may be getting higher electrical bills that are shocking!

interviewed a man who had signed up with one elec wholesaler reseller. got a low rate set in part no doubt... by allowing auto payment monthly. ie, direct :dumb:hammer his account! guess he din't read the small print of the contract... 'rates may fluctuate with market.'

so he suddenly notices his bank balance has taken an unexpected, unbudgeted hit... to the :guitar: tune of: $17,000.00!

$16,786.00 or thereabouts! no he says, not a bill, they took the money! bad deal for my retirement.... etc.

and said, he may have to come out of retirement and go back to work... :omg:

said, 'this is a really bad situation here!''

i guess so... yikes!

almost sounds like a bait n switch to me... hope he can get some kind of resolution. but i doubt it... :popcorn2:
sounds to me like a lawsuit awaiting

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
if interested, a short foto essay on yesterday's pie adventures in BL's Pecan Pie Center:
1614010491138.png
had to do the crusts first, then sugars, eggs, had some spl vanilla the kids brought back from vacation for us, mixing, pecan on bottom, then in mix, then some for top and then into the oven! cooked it for about an hr!
P1010002.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010009.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010011.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010014.JPG

i decided to use Guy Fieri's Southern Pecan Pie recipe. it used the ingrediants i wanted to use... like all the Karo and brown sugar. i had 2 pies to make and the Karo bottle is 2 cups with a marker mid point to measure 1 cup. nice - din't have to put into measuring cup. kinda like pre-mixed fuel, no ethanol... just use! :yes: and modded the recipe a tweak with a couple of items i liked from other reciepes... if interested:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Guessers hit their thumb again. "1 with up to 3 inches in remote areas." And Stihl snowing!!.
View attachment 891195
i like snow pix, FS! :) that one says it all and can also feel the cold in it way down here. :cold: just like i could feel the calories jumping onto me as i mixed up those pecan pie batches for the oven.... :yes:

:givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 27 F this morning ....the 2 to 3 week sub-zero weather which we see every year has finally broke , time to get back being productive Backyard lumberjack it's been fun watching you eat like a king and having fun here Stay safe and healthy everyone
hi sp - some might say '...eat like a dog!'... lol can't seem to get my br scale to work right! lol. ASck-n always has interesting news... from around the country. well, imo...

have a nice day. hope you are staying warm!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning guys... just finishing up my coffee and the weather guessers are saying it's going to be mostly sunny and up to 51°F with winds 10-15mph. That ought to melt most of the snow.

My work sched this month has me getting up most days at about 2am... today seems like the first day off I've had this month for some reason. I've been dying for the ground to freeze, and now that it did we got a ton of snow and my work schedule hasn't been good for firewood work. Gotta fix the 4 wheeler (blew out a CV joint boot) today and maybe get back to work on my big pile of red oak. Gotta squeeze a haircut in there somewhere too the next couple days...
hi OB - happy to say... all of the snow down here has melted!.... no more 'crunch, crunch... crunch!' as the cars and trucks drove by...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 18° at chores time and now it's snowing again. 1 to 3 to 6 inches they are calling for. And our next quesstimator is......... ? They don't know and we won't either until it's all done. I'll have to plow in any case. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and numbers are drawn for the study room, I lost. Next up, bowling paperwork and then it's back to research. I'll also have to study up on this years tax changes for the couple of people I do them for. I just happen to have some experience in doing farm taxes so I help out a neighbor and his uncle. I have the forms loaded and ready to fill, just need the info from them and we commence. It's like pulling teeth to get the info but they want to be involved in the whole process, so I wait and wait. I should of worked in a restaurant, I'm a good waiter. Play safe out there.
:laugh:

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
good afternoon guy's
It's remote here
Day 7 of no electricity.
I'm fortunate I prepared year's ago
I run my whole house on a 4000/3500
Generator
Then when everything is up to temp
110 water pump and I only use one element on the hot water tank cfl light bulbs.
I switch to a 1350 generator for fuel
Economy.
To run lights and tv/roku I have
25.00 unlimited hotspot
We've had to cut tree's out of the road daily IMG_20210221_100121.jpg
IMG_20210221_154122.jpg i sharpened three of mine up yesterday.
We have high winds moving in
That'll dislodge hung tree's over the road. IMG_20210220_172608.jpg
My friends helped me get a load of dry locust for a family
That didn't have any firewood
It was 4* saturday night.
It's warming up now IMG_20210220_181511.jpg in had to stack the wood twice the guy's heeler took off with every piece.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 48 and rain, have a good day.
Good afternoon crew! 52° unexpected degrees. They had it at 4* something :yes: before it melts thot a couple pings with contrast 20210222_114053.jpg behind creek 20210222_121817.jpg up drive to other side of the valley. @Backyard Lumberjack was thinking of the appreciation of my pics and the time you expressed surprize I was out here:drinkingcoffee::happybanana:
Enjoy safely y'all

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good afternoon everyone.
Mild temp at 32 right now, but with wind and full overcast is doesn't feel near as nice as yesterday.
When I got up this morning and looked outside there was about 2" of new snow, but it was spitting rain. When I looked at the temp on my phone it was 34 with a high today of 32 :rolleyes:.
Heading out in a bit to ship the saws and parts, may head out to the farm and grab the milk I forgot to get yesterday :innocent:.
Have a great day.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Pass It Forward ! Was the term. What I say to people who receive or provide help to me
Yes sir. When your doing well you're not far from a struggle and then you're struggling and someone else is doing well. If we all lend a hand to those in need it keeps the government out of that job.
Good afternoon crew! 52° unexpected degrees. They had it at 4* something :yes: before it melts thot a couple pings with contrast View attachment 891223 behind creek View attachment 891224 up drive to other side of the valley. @Backyard Lumberjack was thinking of the appreciation of my pics and the time you expressed surprize I was out here:drinkingcoffee::happybanana:
Enjoy safely y'all
Looks just like many places up here, well except the blue skies :sucks:.