ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
hi chipper! ~ no meat market today for us! bacon, deli to steaks and burgers... all empty! good thing we dint need no measts... yesterday a surprise NDA care package arrived, smoked this n that, jerkied fresh stuff too... not sure where it was from...? it was not for my address... but oh well...

too bad, so sad!
:givebeer:

View attachment 891045 View attachment 891046
That is sad. It's almost like no-one was prepared, much like Christmas :dizzy: .
Must not be too many polish folks in the area based on what's still on the shelves.

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
if interested, a short foto essay on yesterday's pie adventures in BL's Pecan Pie Center:
View attachment 891194
had to do the crusts first, then sugars, eggs, had some spl vanilla the kids brought back from vacation for us, mixing, pecan on bottom, then in mix, then some for top and then into the oven! cooked it for about an hr!
View attachment 891196 View attachment 891197 View attachment 891198 View attachment 891199 View attachment 891200 View attachment 891201 View attachment 891202 View attachment 891203

i decided to use Guy Fieri's Southern Pecan Pie recipe. it used the ingrediants i wanted to use... like all the Karo and brown sugar. i had 2 pies to make and the Karo bottle is 2 cups with a marker mid point to measure 1 cup. nice - din't have to put into measuring cup. kinda like pre-mixed fuel, no ethanol... just use! :yes: and modded the rcipe a tweak with a couple of items i liked from other reciepes... if interested:

One of my favorite pies. The other being butterscotch. Good memories! Thanks bl!

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
good afternoon guy's
It's remote here
Day 7 of no electricity.
I'm fortunate I prepared year's ago
I run my whole house on a 4000/3500
Generator
Then when everything is up to temp
110 water pump and I only use one element on the hot water tank cfl light bulbs.
I switch to a 1350 generator for fuel
Economy.
To run lights and tv/roku I have
25.00 unlimited hotspot
We've had to cut tree's out of the road daily View attachment 891204
View attachment 891205 i sharpened three of mine up yesterday.
We have high winds moving in
That'll dislodge hung tree's over the road. View attachment 891206
My friends helped me get a load of dry locust for a family
That didn't have any firewood
It was 4* saturday night.
It's warming up now View attachment 891207 in had to stack the wood twice the guy's heeler took off with every piece.
Hopefully it’ll warm up soon. All my ice & snow left today but now everything is mud. Be careful sir!

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Just used the bucket. Heavy, wet slop. A bit of rain at the end of the storm.
I just let what we got lay, figured if I scraped it off and then it warmed up or we got rain it would turn to ice. Once it freezes back up I may scrape it off, but then they are saying warmer temps this weekend too, so I may just leave it, we'll play it by ear.
Have a great day.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning. 32*/cloudy. Happy Banana Bread day. Headin out to pick up some seeds and supplies that were on backorder. Swinging by the Stihl shop and auction while I'm out. Going to a pesticide license credit course this evening. Get this. It's at the local drive-in theater. :surprised3: :laugh: To bad the snack bar won't be open. They have great fries. Have a great day all. FS.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
37F/3C up to 39F/4C with maybe a little sun today. Vans transmission went kerflooey yesterday. It has park and forward, put it in reverse it goes forward, neutral it goes forward, drive it goes forward. Not good, will talk to the mechanic and see who he recommends to look at it since I'm sure he doesn't do transmissions. Have to dig out a work truck for something to drive today. Make it a good one everybody.
1614079288151.png

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Howdy Gents. Hope all you folks are surviving this "Global Warming":havingarest: . It's 41° warmer this morning then the 0° it was last Tuesday morning:surprised3:. Was a crazy 8 day ride. Got 7 to 8 inches of snow Sunday night into Monday morning. Then another inch Wednesday afternoon :dizzy:. Stayed below freezing from the night of the 11th till Friday the 19th. Couple of days high temps didn't get out of the teens. Pipes froze Tuesday morning when the power went out and I didn't get genny started quick enough:dumb2:. They didn't thaw till Friday. Gotta love Pex, not a one broke pipe:rock:. We had rolling blackouts for a couple of days but that was no biggy. Had plenty of water stored so all was well. And among all this craziness I became Grandpa again to another beautiful Grandaughter. Well gotta go fix breakfast and get ready for whatever today brings. Take care all and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:

stihl023/5

stihl023/5

Addicted to ArboristSite
Howdy Gents. Hope all you folks are surviving this "Global Warming":havingarest: . It's 41° warmer this morning then the 0° it was last Tuesday morning:surprised3:. Was a crazy 8 day ride. Got 7 to 8 inches of snow Sunday night into Monday morning. Then another inch Wednesday afternoon :dizzy:. Stayed below freezing from the night of the 11th till Friday the 19th. Couple of days high temps didn't get out of the teens. Pipes froze Tuesday morning when the power went out and I didn't get genny started quick enough:dumb2:. They didn't thaw till Friday. Gotta love Pex, not a one broke pipe:rock:. We had rolling blackouts for a couple of days but that was no biggy. Had plenty of water stored so all was well. And among all this craziness I became Grandpa again to another beautiful Grandaughter. Well gotta go fix breakfast and get ready for whatever today brings. Take care all and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:
Congrats

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 33 f with 36 F this afternoon and partly cloudy . Heading to garage to burn some maple & birch , buddy picking up his snowmobile , I have a quick clean up with the plow . Recieved another 2 " of wet snow overnite . Smoker filled with Moose Jerky strips & hickory is my guess . Think I will put Willie in the radio / CD player for some morning tunes ! :drinkingcoffee: