ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning guy's
isZ-2TaHhYdcTQ5ScV3ftkC0wPsHet6o6c2rUEIxUgym7-7Y83-A5K6keHQ8hT-QhCn66B53j52V85xR_ySqne_txG5z5_5nPmxyp11_eZmeFLu0ef3EiznnmIajLYzc9MS79vVAuO2mDHUPqQ

Ol' Brian

Ol' Brian

ArboristSite Guru
Good morning guys! Lots of snow melted here yesterday, Weather guessers are saying temps are going to climb like the space shuttle to a whopping 61°F and winds again 10-15mph with ABUNDANT sunshine, LOL. That out to take care of the rest of the snow that's left from yesterday, and any ground that wasn't thawed by now surely will be.

Got the 4 wheeler fixed yesterday and then took it out for a look around, and everything everywhere was just slushy muddy slop. Even in my woodlot... so no firewood work for a few more days it looks like. So, instead I'll go get my hairs cut and run over to the steel supply and get some metal for a little project I want to build.

Have a great day everyone!

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Howdy Gents. Hope all you folks are surviving this "Global Warming":havingarest: . It's 41° warmer this morning then the 0° it was last Tuesday morning:surprised3:. Was a crazy 8 day ride. Got 7 to 8 inches of snow Sunday night into Monday morning. Then another inch Wednesday afternoon :dizzy:. Stayed below freezing from the night of the 11th till Friday the 19th. Couple of days high temps didn't get out of the teens. Pipes froze Tuesday morning when the power went out and I didn't get genny started quick enough:dumb2:. They didn't thaw till Friday. Gotta love Pex, not a one broke pipe:rock:. We had rolling blackouts for a couple of days but that was no biggy. Had plenty of water stored so all was well. And among all this craziness I became Grandpa again to another beautiful Grandaughter. Well gotta go fix breakfast and get ready for whatever today brings. Take care all and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:
Congrats gramps :).
Glad you go the water thawed. The wife and I were just talking about some of that type of prepping yesterday after looking at what went on down there. The good thing here is we have our electric with a small provider, but I'd guess if there were problems in the larger companies that they could give up some of their power to help out, which could put ours in jeopardy. If that happened I may have to get one of the 4 generators I have in the basement going :laughing:.
Have a great day.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys! Lots of snow melted here yesterday, Weather guessers are saying temps are going to climb like the space shuttle to a whopping 61°F and winds again 10-15mph with ABUNDANT sunshine, LOL. That out to take care of the rest of the snow that's left from yesterday, and any ground that wasn't thawed by now surely will be.

Got the 4 wheeler fixed yesterday and then took it out for a look around, and everything everywhere was just slushy muddy slop. Even in my woodlot... so no firewood work for a few more days it looks like. So, instead I'll go get my hairs cut and run over to the steel supply and get some metal for a little project I want to build.

Have a great day everyone!
Good morning Brian.
The sun just popped out here too, but now its gone, welcome to michigan lol.
What are you building with the steel?
Have a good one.

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Congrats gramps :).
Glad you go the water thawed. The wife and I were just talking about some of that type of prepping yesterday after looking at what went on down there. The good thing here is we have our electric with a small provider, but I'd guess if there were problems in the larger companies that they could give up some of their power to help out, which could put ours in jeopardy. If that happened I may have to get one of the 4 generators I have in the basement going :laughing:.
Have a great day.
Howdy Brett. Thanks buddy. Yeah there's a few things I'm going to do to keep the pipes from freezing again. Our pipes aren't prepped for the kind of temps we had. Also I've been ready your posts on Covid. I think your spot on my friend. I think most of it is about control. Seeing just how far they can push the folks. Also how many freedoms and liberties the people are willing to give up. Take care Brett stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning! :drinkingcoffee: bit chilly out. 47f and later mid 70's. breezy and more humidity blowing in. maybe foggy tonite. all day: 1614091083069.png . should be a swell afternoon for a bike ride! busy day yesterday, today too. work on downed banana trees. not a pretty sight! got washing machine water connections serviced. always fun to work on such things... not!! but did get some behind the scenes cleaning and vacuuming done. cleaning is good! lol :yes: trimmed leeks and onions. tops to the compost.

one of the tv channels was visiting a plumbing supply house this morning... they had just got in a shipment of copper fittings. no time to stock them to shelves... were filling customers needs right out of the boxes they just got in...

more plumbing fun... good thing i purged the lines...
P1010004.JPG P1010008.JPG
only one more plumbing issue to resolve... onward!

Ol' Brian

Ol' Brian

ArboristSite Guru
Good morning Brian.
The sun just popped out here too, but now its gone, welcome to michigan lol.
What are you building with the steel?
Have a good one.
I want to make myself one of those things for the 3 point hitch with a trailer hitch receiver so I can just back up to a trailer and move it around easier. Up until now I've always just kept a ball installed on the regular drawbar to pull my chevrolet wood trailer, and then I just use a straight flat drawbar in the 3PH for skidding logs. Just want to try it to see how it works out for me. I also figure if I can lift up the tongue when unloading the trailer from the rear, it might make it a little bit easier too (gotta make sure though that there isn't too much weight on the back of the trailer so that the front lifts.)

I've got a big piece of tubing to make the piece that goes between the lift arms, I just need some 3/8x3 flat to make the "A" frame.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 20° at chores time and cloudy. The weather guessers got it almost right, we did get between 3 and 8 inches. 3 inches down state and 8 inches upstate. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and nice breakfast of bacon, 3 egg omelet, toast, fruit, juice and of course coffee. I guess I'll have to go out and do something about the accumulated snow and the banks that my neighbor made for me. He got bored at his house and came over and plowed my drive way and some of my other tough spots. I have to snow blow today and send it to another level. When the temps rise we are going to be swimming in the rivers of melt off.
breakfast.jpg
The :drinkingcoffee: is in my hand to keep me balanced, it's a balanced breakfast. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good afternoon guy's
It's remote here
Day 7 of no electricity.
I'm fortunate I prepared year's ago
I run my whole house on a 4000/3500
Generator
Then when everything is up to temp
110 water pump and I only use one element on the hot water tank cfl light bulbs.
I switch to a 1350 generator for fuel
Economy.
To run lights and tv/roku I have
25.00 unlimited hotspot
We've had to cut tree's out of the road daily View attachment 891204
View attachment 891205 i sharpened three of mine up yesterday.
We have high winds moving in
That'll dislodge hung tree's over the road. View attachment 891206
My friends helped me get a load of dry locust for a family
That didn't have any firewood
It was 4* saturday night.
It's warming up now View attachment 891207 in had to stack the wood twice the guy's heeler took off with every piece.
enjoyed the foto collage... sure does look remote! guess you are close to off-grid! 7 days. no pwer! wow... that's a lot! one lady on tv news yesterday was in same situation... no power for 8 days! hope it all returns to normal for you soon... i like some of these new small generators... run on propane. think there is one now runs on natural gas... just plug it into natural gas line... going to look into that. but of course, a GENRAC system ould be nice.... but herd their prices have skyrocketed lately...

Ol' Brian

Ol' Brian

ArboristSite Guru
dinner was OK! last nite... some venison sausage is always a treat! spiced with jalapeno... quite tasty with a bit of a bite, too!... View attachment 891449
I think I might start posting my self made meals so everyone can truly appreciate the culinary artistry that you share with us!!!

LOL

:lol:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good afternoon everyone.
Mild temp at 32 right now, but with wind and full overcast is doesn't feel near as nice as yesterday.
When I got up this morning and looked outside there was about 2" of new snow, but it was spitting rain. When I looked at the temp on my phone it was 34 with a high today of 32 :rolleyes:.
Heading out in a bit to ship the saws and parts, may head out to the farm and grab the milk I forgot to get yesterday :innocent:.
Have a great day.
hi chipper! always something isn't it!?... even with a shopping list other day at grocery... uh-huh... :yes: we had forgot something!

the QB said...'you know... forgot something!....' what? '.... the Country style gravy...!'

always something. at least we din't forget the :givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 20° at chores time and cloudy. The weather guessers got it almost right, we did get between 3 and 8 inches. 3 inches down state and 8 inches upstate. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and nice breakfast of bacon, 3 egg omelet, toast, fruit, juice and of course coffee. I guess I'll have to go out and do something about the accumulated snow and the banks that my neighbor made for me. He got bored at his house and came over and plowed my drive way and some of my other tough spots. I have to snow blow today and send it to another level. When the temps rise we are going to be swimming in the rivers of melt off.
View attachment 891450
The :drinkingcoffee: is in my hand to keep me balanced, it's a balanced breakfast. Play safe out there.
looks balanced to me! tasty, too.... ketchup? plenty of ketchup? just how i like scrambled eggs.... yum ~

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I think I might start posting my self made meals so everyone can truly appreciate the culinary artistry that you share with us!!!

LOL

:lol:
hi OB! with those nasty rotten melted grimmy gooie banana tree clean up on my day's agenda, i needed a good laff! thanks... :laughing:

had some left over venison, etc... so had a small camp breakfast... eggs over top of some fried mashed potato pattie... the mashed potatoes i had no gravy for! ;)
P1010011.JPG