ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
That is sad. It's almost like no-one was prepared, much like Christmas :dizzy: .
Must not be too many polish folks in the area based on what's still on the shelves.
right! you might think... but actually there is a Polish grocery and a Polish Catholic church... I think the 11 am Mass is in polish

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Just used the bucket. Heavy, wet slop. A bit of rain at the end of the storm.
as a kid skied in that crud many times. takes a spl technique. ez to catch an edge! learn that stuff and Colorado powder is a breeze!

i don't ski in rain!! been there done that... i dont ski in rain! :cool:

but some folks like it real wet...
1614094789585.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
One of my favorite pies. The other being butterscotch. Good memories! Thanks bl!
hi Cb - you know... historically, pecan pie was never one of my favs... go for apple any day! just something about it din't appeal to me. sorta like pumpkin... would eat it, but would not ruin my day if someone else got the last slice. i sorta started to take a shine to pecan pie. but only if it was free and someone else made it. usually good at the church potluck dinner gatherings... store bot? well, ok... but this pie is imo, dangerous! like the chips, can't eat one slice! each bit is a creamy rich combo of butter, caramel and butterscotch flavor. to be honest, i was a bit surprised how tasty it turned out... and to be a bit more honest...

wish i had this much of it still left! lol :laugh:
P1010001.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning :oops:. 35 and light rain :baba:, heading to 39 later and the rain clearing out soon so they say. Still calling for 40 wed. I'll try to get some flip flop pictures, I'm talking about the shoes, not dr fauci :nofunny:. Have a great day.
out in the snow?.... :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 32*/cloudy. Happy Banana Bread day. Headin out to pick up some seeds and supplies that were on backorder. Swinging by the Stihl shop and auction while I'm out. Going to a pesticide license credit course this evening. Get this. It's at the local drive-in theater. :surprised3: :laugh: To bad the snack bar won't be open. They have great fries. Have a great day all. FS.
:laughing: hooray! :cheers: i can maybe make... and wont even have to mash up the bananas for the recipe....

well, you get the idea...
1614095628272.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 32*/cloudy. Happy Banana Bread day. Headin out to pick up some seeds and supplies that were on backorder. Swinging by the Stihl shop and auction while I'm out. Going to a pesticide license credit course this evening. Get this. It's at the local drive-in theater. :surprised3: :laugh: To bad the snack bar won't be open. They have great fries. Have a great day all. FS.
a night at the drive-in! ahh-h... the memories!!~ ;)
1614095846909.png

knockbill

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi kb - any thing special planned for today? or mostly just staying warm... ?
Hi BL,,, It warmed up some today, little drizzle but i don't have to dig that!!!! Just gassed up the truck... Nothing special planned,, but that usually changes without notice!!! How about you,,, got sorted out from all the weather, blackouts, water shortages, electric bills down there!!???
I hope your politicians aren't sufferin too much!!!!!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
37F/3C up to 39F/4C with maybe a little sun today. Vans transmission went kerflooey yesterday. It has park and forward, put it in reverse it goes forward, neutral it goes forward, drive it goes forward. Not good, will talk to the mechanic and see who he recommends to look at it since I'm sure he doesn't do transmissions. Have to dig out a work truck for something to drive today. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 891388
hi Om - a for sure dilemma! it's the 'goes forward in neutral' that would concern me. of course, that going in reverse in Park!.... :omg:

hope u solve the mystery soon...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Hi BL,,, It warmed up some today, little drizzle but i don't have to dig that!!!! Just gassed up the truck... Nothing special planned,, but that usually changes without notice!!! How about you,,, got sorted out from all the weather, blackouts, water shortages, electric bills down there!!???
I hope your politicians aren't sufferin too much!!!!!
... can you believe it! that guy they dunned for the $17K electrical bill and took it out of his account... was on national TV news last night! $17,000.00 and that was for just 3 days usage...

OMG! :wtf:

we are doing fine, thanks!

weather - sunny and 75+ today :)
blackouts - none now, had 6... about 15 seconds each :)
water shortage - had none, if you don't mind hauling it in...
garden - rebounding :)

'nothing special planned...'

right! my kinda' day! :cool:
:givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Howdy Gents. Hope all you folks are surviving this "Global Warming":havingarest: . It's 41° warmer this morning then the 0° it was last Tuesday morning:surprised3:. Was a crazy 8 day ride. Got 7 to 8 inches of snow Sunday night into Monday morning. Then another inch Wednesday afternoon :dizzy:. Stayed below freezing from the night of the 11th till Friday the 19th. Couple of days high temps didn't get out of the teens. Pipes froze Tuesday morning when the power went out and I didn't get genny started quick enough:dumb2:. They didn't thaw till Friday. Gotta love Pex, not a one broke pipe:rock:. We had rolling blackouts for a couple of days but that was no biggy. Had plenty of water stored so all was well. And among all this craziness I became Grandpa again to another beautiful Grandaughter. Well gotta go fix breakfast and get ready for whatever today brings. Take care all and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:
hi RAY - good to hear from you!, and all is well... had wondered what happened to my AS account when i signed on this morning!... ;)

RAY said: Gotta love Pex, not a one broke pipe:rock:
:numberone:

good the hear at -0- temps! did u catch my frozen pipes post? 4 spots busted thru. one location. no damage! :) and PEX to the rescue! planning on PEX all my homes... :) we got lucky! great plumber, fixed on spot... had the stuff, moxie and did it! w/homeowner assisiting in some tight spots! lol. ;)

the plumbing situation down here is pretty bad! just heard... one plumbing company got 20,000 calls for service in one day! :surprised3:

CONGRATS! grandpa~
:cheers:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 33 f with 36 F this afternoon and partly cloudy . Heading to garage to burn some maple & birch , buddy picking up his snowmobile , I have a quick clean up with the plow . Recieved another 2 " of wet snow overnite . Smoker filled with Moose Jerky strips & hickory is my guess . Think I will put Willie in the radio / CD player for some morning tunes ! :drinkingcoffee:
sounds good! usens... cowboys down here like Willie... :guitar:

currently on the radEo...listenin' to Glaser Brothers and lovin' her...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning guy's
isZ-2TaHhYdcTQ5ScV3ftkC0wPsHet6o6c2rUEIxUgym7-7Y83-A5K6keHQ8hT-QhCn66B53j52V85xR_ySqne_txG5z5_5nPmxyp11_eZmeFLu0ef3EiznnmIajLYzc9MS79vVAuO2mDHUPqQ

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning again :lol:.
Already up to 37 heading for 38 :havingarest:, but without the sun.
Looks like it will be breezy today and tomorrow with these warmer temps, so I think we'll loose quite a bit of snow. Good thing I didn't plow the drive :laugh:.
I have a some running around to do today.
Take it easy guys.
here, too! showed it on morning weather news... arrows in from the Gulf... winds southerly... maybe will get up N, too... no snow here, all gone! :)